Recalled/Assigned: Oilers Recall Malone

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I'd say Jujhar has played with the same tenacity, as Malone did, in the past. The trick is to play that way every game. Jujhar, like many others, doesn't. But there's still time. Being consistent is how you stay in the league, meaning Malone hasn't done that either which we'll probably see.

Look at Letestu. He doesn't show up on the score sheet often, yet he manages to stay in the NHL. It's because he was consistent with his effort.
The thing with Letestu is that he doesn't hurt you when he's out there. He's a very smart player that makes smart plays and knows where to be. I don't know if he just naturally thinks the game this well or if he spends a lot of time studying the game. Either way he has something that if guys like Jujhar can ever figure out then they will have long NHL careers. If not then Jujhar will be fighting journeymen or other rookies to stay with the big club.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
The thing with Letestu is that he doesn't hurt you when he's out there. He's a very smart player that makes smart plays and knows where to be. I don't know if he just naturally thinks the game this well or if he spends a lot of time studying the game. Either way he has something that if guys like Jujhar can ever figure out then they will have long NHL careers. If not then Jujhar will be fighting journeymen or other rookies to stay with the big club.

I agree. Though, Jujhar has shown glimpses of playing smart..but it's about consistency. Letestu doesn't lose it for long stretches and he seems to know how high-talent players think. He just doesn't have the tools.

But maybe Letestu is a bad comparison. If Jujhar can substitute smarts with physical play and protecting the puck, he should still be able to carve out a decent career.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I'd say Jujhar has played with the same tenacity, as Malone did, in the past. The trick is to play that way every game. Jujhar, like many others, doesn't. But there's still time. Being consistent is how you stay in the league, meaning Malone hasn't done that either which we'll probably see.

Look at Letestu. He doesn't show up on the score sheet often, yet he manages to stay in the NHL. It's because he was consistent with his effort.

That's just it. Jujhar was hungry in the preseason and he played extremely well IMO. Since then he has let off the throttle. If he could bring consistent effort and physical play I'd love to see a Khaira-Malone-Kassian 4th line.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That's just it. Jujhar was hungry in the preseason and he played extremely well IMO. Since then he has let off the throttle. If he could bring consistent effort and physical play I'd love to see a Khaira-Malone-Kassian 4th line.
The problem is a guy like Khaira gives it his all in pre-season, but he's giving his all against lower end talent. Now that games mean something and it's all NHLers he needs to step it up. Does he have that gear? If not can he find it?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Does Malone have to go on waivers to go back down? Or is he exempt for 30 days from the last time he cleared? Could play into decision making as well.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-faq

Exemptions

1. A player does not need to pass through waivers if the player has not been on the NHL active roster for a cumulative 30 days since last clearing waivers, and has not played in 10 or more NHL games. CBA Reference 13.2(b)
  2. A player whom consented to a Conditioning Loan can be Loaned to a minor league club for a maximum of 14 days without passing through waivers. CBA Reference 13.8
  3. A player whom was previously on long-term injured reserve (LTIR), may be loaned to a minor league club for a maximum of 6 days or 3 games for the purpose of determining if the player is fit to play. This player does not need to pass through waivers. CBA Reference 13.9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad