Recalled/Assigned: Oilers Recall Malone

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Member when people thought he'd be a top 6 winger this year? I member!
He's exactly what I said he was this summer...a bottom six forward who can play an effective low impact game but is a very low risk to score at this level. Effective bottom six, ineffective top six. Sending him down to develop his offensive game is the best option at this point. You just hope he feels the same way about it.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Yeah, but other teams operate the same way. The concern becomes an issue when a team doesn't see past it. Chia doesn't strike me as the type who would look past it.
I don't think so either but this team does need help from someone that isn't a rookie. We'll see how they respond tomorrow because if they don't win tomorrow I don't particularly like their chances of snapping the streak in Chicago or Pittsburgh.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Good to see a Malone get a shot. Shows players that you'll get called up if you work hard. Converse should be of you don't, down you go. Of course this was injury driven, but some new blood might be a good shakeup.

I think Sekera out hurts more than were giving credit for....

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Malone is a terrific shooter and hopefully he gets a few look so to succeed .

also hope our penalty kill is on point cause hes taking at least 1 every 2nd game

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I don't think so either but this team does need help from someone that isn't a rookie. We'll see how they respond tomorrow because if they don't win tomorrow I don't particularly like their chances of snapping the streak in Chicago or Pittsburgh.
Against Chicago? The team the decade of darkness crew helped Gagner set a point scored record against? I like their chances against the Hawks (they always seem to play them well) but Pit will be a battle. It's kind of good, getting these team while the team is struggling I will take as a positive, because this is how hard it gets when the team is facing adversity (if any of that makes sense)

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I would like to see them re-call Russell as well, I liked his energy in the preseason and I think the team could benefit from it.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Liked his game last night. Was only one game, but that's what we should be seeing out of guys like Kharia, Malone, Pak, Slepy right now. When you get your chance you need to do something.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
Chia can continue to do nothing of substance with Malone looking like an adequate fourth liner at the moment. I think he was probably worried for a minute there that he would have to actually do his job.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Chia can continue to do nothing of substance with Malone looking like an adequate fourth liner at the moment. I think he was probably worried for a minute there that he would have to actually do his job.
The broad assumptions you make about things you don't understand are really strange. This post also makes no sense.

Malone came up and played like he wanted too stay. He was a positive influence on the team last night, that is a "good thing"

I can explain what a good thing is if you need an crash course on what "something positive" is.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
The broad assumptions you make about things you don't understand are really strange. This post also makes no sense.

If you think Malone was at all an answer to what ails this hockey club, well, you should probably know better after last night.

Malone came up and played like he wanted too stay. He was a positive influence on the team last night, that is a "good thing"

I can explain what a good thing is if you need an crash course on what "something positive" is.

Ah, I'd almost forgotten what these are! What do you call them... moral victories? Because it sure didn't result in two points last night (or even one).

But more power to you if you think plugging in and out a string of career AHLers is all we need to turn this thing around.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If you think Malone was at all an answer to what ails this hockey club, well, you should probably know better after last night.

Ah, I'd almost forgotten what these are! What do you call them... moral victories? Because it sure didn't result in two points last night (or even one).

But more power to you if you think plugging in and out a string of career AHLers is all we need to turn this thing around.
Ugh Malone wasn't brought up to be the answer to much other than 4th line center and potentially to play PK. He came up and did his job. Had 4 hits and was 5-2 for 71% on the dot. Not sure anything more was going to be asked from the guy

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Ugh Malone wasn't brought up to be the answer to much other than 4th line center and potentially to play PK. He came up and did his job. Had 4 hits and was 5-2 for 71% on the dot. Not sure anything more was going to be asked from the guy

71% on the dot? Drew a penalty? 4th line center? Hit a few bodies? Yeah, this guy can stay for a bit.

Reactions: SomeDudeOTI

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Thought he played well last night with the opportunities he was given.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007

It sounds like you're complaining just for the sake of complaining.

We call up Malone , he plays solid and looks good . There's nothing more to it. Why the negative spin on the situation ? Just because he's not the solution doesn't mean we can't be happy with his performance.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
Malone > Jujar

I'd say Jujhar has played with the same tenacity, as Malone did, in the past. The trick is to play that way every game. Jujhar, like many others, doesn't. But there's still time. Being consistent is how you stay in the league, meaning Malone hasn't done that either which we'll probably see.

Look at Letestu. He doesn't show up on the score sheet often, yet he manages to stay in the NHL. It's because he was consistent with his effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->