Oilers recall Bisaillon

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Call up Igor. Im sure he could convince grebeshkov to come along with him... didnt the oilers sign Grebeshkov to a one year deal already, couldnt he somehow get called up, perhaps when his season ends?

Other Little Mikey

Aug 31, 2005
Edmonton
Call up Igor. Im sure he could convince grebeshkov to come along with him... didnt the oilers sign Grebeshkov to a one year deal already, couldnt he somehow get called up, perhaps when his season ends?

We haven't actually signed him, just an agreement in principle. We can't sign him until July 1st, because the new CBA says you have to sign before December 1st or it's considered "holding out" and you sit out the whole year.

Bucket

Nov 26, 2006
Canada

And players who are called back from overseas have to pass through waivers before they can join the team.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
And players who are called back from overseas have to pass through waivers before they can join the team.
Those are just UFAs I believe, because I think it's possible to bring Europeans over if their seasons are done.

teddygmr

Jul 7, 2006
Anyway, I recall that Bisaillon was a huge surprise during training camp ; very impressive with very good offensive skills; sent back to the Q with instructions to focus on defensive skills and to bulk up....who knows how well he may develop

baboinfou

Mar 31, 2006
Bad news for Val D'or

They ae serious contenders to go at memorial cup. Bisaillon and Letang are 2 great stud at D

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
didnt vancouver bring in someone from some candian college team to be the backup for one game a feaw years ago???

BB

Nov 16, 2003
Bahrain
Visit site
didnt vancouver bring in someone from some candian college team to be the backup for one game a feaw years ago???

Ya, he was UBCs backup. The UBC starter had been drafted by an NHL team, i think by the Canucks, so he couldn't be signed. He signed a 1 day pro contract. His team got the call from the Canucks that day, and his teammates found him studying in the library for his final. He thought it was a joke, but quickly realized it wasn't. He almost had to go in when Skudra (or was it hedberg) got hit by a player and layed on the ice for a few moments. IIRC, Keane was sitting on the beach and screamed to the UBC goalie, "don't worry kid, he will get up"

Skyblaze

Aug 17, 2006
Montreal
Ya, he was UBCs backup. The UBC starter had been drafted by an NHL team, i think by the Canucks, so he couldn't be signed. He signed a 1 day pro contract. His team got the call from the Canucks that day, and his teammates found him studying in the library for his final. He thought it was a joke, but quickly realized it wasn't. He almost had to go in when Skudra (or was it hedberg) got hit by a player and layed on the ice for a few moments. If I recall correctly, Keane was sitting on the beach and screamed to the UBC goalie, "don't worry kid, he will get up"

I remember that one, it was pretty strange. I also seem to recall CBC going for a shot of the kid on the bench when Hedberg went down and he looked spooked as hell. Heck, I know I would be.

HopefulCoach

Oct 31, 2006
The Oilers are in such a desperation mode for defenders they were talking to the UofA golden bears captain of last year (i believe) He is working for Syncrude in Ft. Mcmurray right now and they asked him if he was able to take a month leave of absense from work, and how soon he could make it to Edmonton.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
I just remember the Oilers talking about bringing Umicevic over a couple years ago if the Roadrunners had made the playoffs.
Yeah, it can be done (Joakim Lindström left Modo two years ago to play with Syracuse) but it's against the rules.

Beef03

Aug 3, 2005
Red Deer, AB
The Habs recalled Olivier Michaud directly from the LHJMQ in 2001-02.

He played 18 minutes and faces 14 shots. Was perfect on all of them and then he disappears in the ECHL.

By flluke I happened to be at that game and Michaud was fantasatic. I kept watching for him to make the team over the next few years but with Garon already there as the backuo it never happened. He was fun to watch though

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Guys can other teams share other teams players?

I mean like the players that are Penguin's but playing in same team as Oilers players (AHL Penguins i think) .Can Smith be sent to AHL and Pittsburgh Penguins use him as a defenseman?

I don't think it's possible! Just asking .this should be allowed though.

2-1 right now.Hope they lose. Want to get Patrick Kane this year.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Bisaillon has been fantastic tonight, all things considered. Good offensive sense, excellent skater, and he knows when to hold it or get rid of it. He's had maybe one bad shift. Every other time, he's contributed to a chance up ice.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
The Oilers are in such a desperation mode for defenders they were talking to the UofA golden bears captain of last year (i believe) He is working for Syncrude in Ft. Mcmurray right now and they asked him if he was able to take a month leave of absense from work, and how soon he could make it to Edmonton.

That's not a bad idea, and if Blair St. Martin's been on the ice in the past while, I might want to try him out too. The Oil were after him every year he was at the U.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad