Oilers recall Bisaillon

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
The Oilers have recalled dman Sebastien Bisaillon from Val-d'Or in the QMJHL on an emergency basis. This is fairly rare, I believe. Does anyone know the last few times it's happened?

PDO

Jan 12, 2005
Edmonton
Recalled directly to the NHL? why didnt they recall anyone else..?

Bergeron was traded.

They don't have an AHL team, so they don't have AHL veterans who they could call up.

Staios, Hejda, Smid, Tjarnqvist, Gilbert and Roy are all injured.

Smith and Greene are the only two players on the roster from the start of the season. Syvret and Young have already been called up.

Bucket

Nov 26, 2006
Canada
They have no other defenseman in the system.. zip.. zilch.. nada

Yup. And it's kinda hard to play with 4 defencemen. I think we started the season with 5 D in the AHL. They are all with the Oilers now, and out those 5, 3 are injured right now.

Vyse64

N64
Feb 13, 2003
Calgary AB
What about Kenton Smith??

I thought he was Oilers' property?

Not anymore, same with Dan Smith, both were un-signed, with no AHL team of their own (Oilers') this season, there's was no room for them to remain.

edit: Seachd beat me

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Yup. And it's kinda hard to play with 4 defencemen. I think we started the season with 5 D in the AHL. They are all with the Oilers now, and out those 5, 3 are injured right now.

those 5 are probably pretty happy. its not every day a #5 d-man in the AHL and a junior d-man gets a chanse in the show.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I take it Roloson's locker in the locker room has a picture of Danny Glover from Lethal Weapon as he's saying, "I'm too old for this ****!"

Hyped

Feb 27, 2002
Tombstone
Visit site
The Oilers have recalled dman Sebastien Bisaillon from Val-d'Or in the QMJHL on an emergency basis. This is fairly rare, I believe. Does anyone know the last few times it's happened?

During the '01-'02 season the Habs called up Shawinigan's Olivier Michaud to be their back-up. He ended up playing a period (against your Oilers nevertheless) and did not allow a goal. Now I think he's playing in the LNAH in Quebec but I could not confirm that...

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
If any oiler fans were worried that the streak would end, and we wouldn't keep falling, than put your fears to rest, this is gonna get uglier than it already is.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
wow... prepare for 11 straight..

Oh yeah, if not more. We're hoping for a top 5 pick. We are going to plummet. This is our D breakdown:

Smith - only vet and playing hurt and sick.
Greene - rookie, less then 100 NHL games.
Syvret - 21?22? less then 20 NHL games
Young - 20 - 1st pro season out of the OHL.
Bisaillon - 20?21? - direct callup from playing against 16 year olds in the Q all year. I just hope he doesn't get hurt.

And that is it. We have no more signed D-men. It's possible Chorney's season could be done next weekend, and rumors are around that he might be ready to sign and forgo the rest of his college.career.

I don't know when the Euro seasons end. We have a few of guy over there but we'd have to sign them too.

We are only 5 points of or a top 3 pick right now. And we aren't going to be winning any games, anytime soon. Expect us to lose games big over the next little bit. Our next 5 games are against the Nucks, Avsx2, and Predsx2. We could easily lose the next 5. Now is a great time to bet heavy against the Oilers.

GSK*

The Habs recalled Olivier Michaud directly from the LHJMQ in 2001-02.

He played 18 minutes and faces 14 shots. Was perfect on all of them and then he disappears in the ECHL.

Vyse64

N64
Feb 13, 2003
Calgary AB
Oh yeah, if not more. We're hoping for a top 5 pick. We are going to plummet. This is our D breakdown:

Smith - only vet and playing hurt and sick.
Greene - rookie, less then 100 NHL games.
Syvret - 21?22? less then 20 NHL games
Young - 20 - 1st pro season out of the OHL.
Bisaillon - 20?21? - direct callup from playing against 16 year olds in the Q all year. I just hope he doesn't get hurt.

And that is it. We have no more signed D-men. It's possible Chorney's season could be done next weekend, and rumors are around that he might be ready to sign and forgo the rest of his college.career.

I don't know when the Euro seasons end. We have a few of guy over there but we'd have to sign them too.

We are only 5 points of or a top 3 pick right now. And we aren't going to be winning any games, anytime soon. Expect us to lose games big over the next little bit. Our next 5 games are against the Nucks, Avsx2, and Predsx2. We could easily lose the next 5. Now is a great time to bet heavy against the Oilers.

Bisaillon is 20 I believe

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
I'm guessing there not able to sign some like say a Jason Jaffery but a defenseman who is solely property on a AHL team? Was the trade deadline the deadline for signing an AHL player?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->