Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Oilers re-sign Ty Rattie [1 year]

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No $ announced yet but I’m guessing it’s $1 million or less. Smart signing. He was effective and didn’t look out of place with McNuge.

Still likely looking for upgrades on RW this offseason but he’s a good guy to keep in the mix.

tv14

Cam Dadbot
Feb 12, 2008
Alberta
CHIA'S PLAN :hyper:

*In all seriousness, I like this. No risk, medium reward. There was no reason not to sign him.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Khaira, Rattie, Aberg all provided quality last season and all will be under 800k. Need more cheap-quality players. Hopefully a #4C as I like Khaira more on LW

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Zero risk, pretty decent potential reward type deal.

Best case scenario he continues to show chemistry with McDavid and we get a top 6 RW for pennies.

Worst case he completely flops, and the Oilers just waive him and end up with a ~25 goal scorer down in the AHL.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
Best case scenario he continues to show chemistry with McDavid and we get a top 6 RW for pennies.

Actually, that's the worst case scenario.

I'm fine with this signing, but anything that prevents the Oilers from going out and and getting a real 1st line winger to play with McDavid scares the hell out of me.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

I'm fine with this signing, but anything that prevents the Oilers from going out and and getting a real 1st line winger to play with McDavid scares the hell out of me.
Have you seen the oilers cap situation, lucic is preventing them from doing that far more than rattie is

And if RNH stays on his wing that’s the first line winger for mcdavid

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018

McDavid is a 2X Art Ross trophy winner at the age of 21. How much help do you think he needs?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

McDavid has one - the Benjamin Button-Esque young man that finished the year like a house on fire, RNH.

The guy that needs a winger to help him is Draisaitl. Lucic sucks, Caggiula disappears for long stretches, and Puljujarvi is just a baby still.

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
McDavid is a 2X Art Ross trophy winner at the age of 21. How much help do you think he needs?

McDavid scored 108 points this year, and that was very much a disappointment. With proper wingers (EDIT: and a half decent offensive defenseman), he'd likely be in the 130+ vicinity. He's much more talented than those who were close to him in the Art Ross race, and it would be nice if his numbers reflected that.

McDavid has one - the Benjamin Button-Esque young man that finished the year like a house on fire, RNH.

Hopkins is fine as one of his wingers, but he should have a winger who can shoot as well. It's a goddamn travesty that a playmaker with his abilities doesn't have an option with a great one-timer to go to.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
McDavid scored 108 points this year, and that was very much a disappointment. With proper wingers (EDIT: and a half decent offensive defenseman), he'd likely be in the 130+ vicinity. He's much more talented than those who were close to him in the Art Ross race, and it would be nice if his numbers reflected that.

Hopkins is fine as one of his wingers, but he should have a winger who can shoot as well. It's a goddamn travesty that a playmaker with his abilities doesn't have an option with a great one-timer to go to.

RNH has a seriously underrated wrist and snapshot. He beats goalies clean a good chunk of the time.

I think Puljujarvi will be that guy eventually but he needs time .

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

With McDavid getting paid 12.5m, he wont have 2 first line wingers flanking him, and he doesn't need them, a D who can hit him with a transition pass is much more important.

Toreko

Apr 3, 2018
Amazing. Rattie is legit
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/whute.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/c.png

Smart Alek

Jul 13, 2002
With McDavid getting paid 12.5m, he wont have 2 first line wingers flanking him, and he doesn't need them, a D who can hit him with a transition pass is much more important.

I dunno... the cap goes up every year, and they probably could have had Radulov last year. These guys don't grow on trees, but there are always a couple available. Finding a player like that (and the aforementioned defenceman) should be their two biggest priorities.

I think the Rattie experiment shows what a difference is made when a winger with a modicum of offensive talent is put on McDavid's line. Personally, I'd like to see him tried out on Draisaitl's wing.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008

I kind of agree in the sense that I'd like to see a legit 1st line RW play with him, but Rattie was able to tread water playing with McDavid.

The best part of this signing is that it should guarantee Yamamoto spends the entire year in the AHL. He's the guy I think could eventually be the legit 1st line RW for McDavid, just not next year.

Also, I wouldn't underestimate the power of the McDavid factor - Rattie could have additional motivation this off-season to train harder than ever to stick with McDavid's line. Could be the year the kid puts it all together.

Reactions: Smart Alek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad