Oilers Prep for Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pandastyle

After a disappointing loss at home in Game 6, it's back to St. Louis for Game 7. Since going up 3 games to 1 in Game 4, it's been all Blues with Thornton finally getting help from teammates Heatley and Demitra.

It's rumored that Coach King has made some changes to try and get Ryan Smyth more involved in the game. Also, sources report that Evgeni Nabokov pulled the coach aside after practice for several minutes. Word has it that Nabokov may have stepped aside for Game 7 to allow Roloson the start.

Pandastyle

Well, it didn't happen. :cry:

Anyways, congrats to the Blues, and best of luck to them in the Playoffs. I can honestly say that the best team won, but my boys sure did give one hell of a good run at it.

Maybe it was a mistake for me to pull Nabby and play Roloson in Game 7....too late to change it now.

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Pandastyle said:
Well, it didn't happen. :cry:

Anyways, congrats to the Blues, and best of luck to them in the Playoffs. I can honestly say that the best team won, but my boys sure did give one hell of a good run at it.

Maybe it was a mistake for me to pull Nabby and play Roloson in Game 7....too late to change it now.
Nice try Andrew, you came close against when nobody gave you a shot.

Don't feel bad about playing Roloson, doesn't really matter who your goalie is when you get shutout.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
If I may be so bold as to inquire, how do you know what the score was? The Round 2 sched has already wiped out the Round 1 results (although the html still refers to it as round 1, so I can't even fiddle to url to see what they were), and I haven't seen any of the files loaded into the specially-prepared folders in the Yahoo files.

Not that it matters now for me, as my Jackets went down to defeat last night, but I'd like to see how it came about - were we blown away, or was it a close game?

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Ohio Jones said:
If I may be so bold as to inquire, how do you know what the score was? The Round 2 sched has already wiped out the Round 1 results (although the html still refers to it as round 1, so I can't even fiddle to url to see what they were), and I haven't seen any of the files loaded into the specially-prepared folders in the Yahoo files.

Not that it matters now for me, as my Jackets went down to defeat last night, but I'd like to see how it came about - were we blown away, or was it a close game?
If you look at "Today's Games" it gives the score for the 3 Western games. You may not want to look though.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Eugh. Ugly indeed. Credit to Drew for putting together a line that not only shut down the dynamic combo of Sundstrom-York-Shanahan, but victimized them to the tune of 3 goals against. Hard to fathom Brodeur getting outplayed by Kolzig in a Game 7, but them's the breaks!

Congrats to the Detroit Red Wings, and I have only one more word for you - watch out for those Blue Jackets next year!

:cbj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad