Proposal: Oilers | Pens

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Ouch, that's an insanely bad deal for the Penguins. They basically take a cap dump and get the #10 overall pick in exchange for their elite player. Yuck.

I don't think the Oilers have the players to pull off Kessel. Draisaitl is the only guy that makes sense from the Penguins POV and that's obviously not going to happen.

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
If you are trying to trade Lucic, you will have to add a 1st round draft pick for the salary dump.
He's has Negative value.
10th OA pick + 2019 1st round draft pick and even then Pitt declines because they are tight against the salary cap

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Oh god, this is awful for the Pens, does nothing for them. This coming from an Oilers fan.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
bad for pens

they'd have to add hunwick and the oilers would have to add poolparty and it would be closer

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Take out Lucic, add JP and add a top end D prospect.
The Lucic trade is a joke but when exactly did Phil Kessel's stock improve? Two top ten picks and a top end D prospect (that we don't really have)? We're not trading for 22 year old Phil here.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
The Lucic trade is a joke but when exactly did Phil Kessel's stock improve? Two top ten picks and a top end D prospect (that we don't really have)? We're not trading for 22 year old Phil here.

After a 90 point season . As an Oiler fan this is plain and simply bad for the Pens . If the Pens do move Kessel I am sure it is for cap space to address other needs . You don't move a proven point produces for a slug . Actually a slug might be faster then Lucic . I get we have to move cap space to add Kessel . But the ask would be something like

10th OA
Klefbom
Benson

Oilers just can't afford those assets

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah I'm sure a contender like the Pens really want to move a speed demon who scored 92 points last year for a big lummox who scored 34 all for a draft pick who won't have an impact for years.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
After a 90 point season . As an Oiler fan this is plain and simply bad for the Pens . If the Pens do move Kessel I am sure it is for cap space to address other needs . You don't move a proven point produces for a slug . Actually a slug might be faster then Lucic . I get we have to move cap space to add Kessel . But the ask would be something like

10th OA
Klefbom
Benson

Oilers just can't afford those assets

At a certain point that doesn't really matter. He's a player who's been expected to put up 70-80 points in a given year--so 90 at age 30 isn't going to suddenly skyrocket his value. Especially when you consider the cap commitment to a player playing on the wing. There just isn't a whole lot of room for growth.

Mind you, I do believe Kessel does get traded this summer. I just don't think the return is going to wow anyone when this is the kind of return people are expecting.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Both teams say no. We need to use 10th for defence and Pittsburgh probably wants good young players in return, something we can't give up.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
pick 10 + worst contract in the league for 92 pt kessel?

Phil probably returns a high 1st + decent young roster player on his own.

Pick 10 + Puljujarvi would be close. if Lucic is lumped in, add a lot more

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad