Proposal: Oilers Offseason (NYR, WPG, MTL)

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
:edmontonAlex Galchenyuk

:habsRyan Strome, Ethan Bear, 2nd Round pick 2018

:edmonton Chris Kreider, Neal Pionk

:rangersJesse Puljujarvi, Matt Benning

:edmontonAndrej Sekera, 9th Overall pick 2018, 2019 1st (protected)

:jetsJacob Trouba

Lines next year:

Nugent-Hopkins - McDavid - Kreider
Galchenyuk - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Lucic - Khaira - Kassian
Aberg - Derek Ryan (UFA) - Cagguila

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Trouba
Russell - Pionk

Talbot
Hutton (UFA)

That is a killer top 6 and a solid top 4, with a 3rd line that would cycle the **** out of opposing teams, and decent bottom lines and pairings. This is a much improved team over last year IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ori

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I don't like the Rangers deal. If we're giving up Kreider it's not in a 2 for 2 swap. Why would either team do that?

Reactions: haveandare

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Overpayment for galch
Doesn't make sense for the rangers
Jets probably don't do that trade

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Awful for the other teams. Winnipeg would just resign trouba if it means they have to take Sekera’s contract.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
You would actually need to give something of value if you wanted a shot at Trouba.

Well, the 9th overall does have a little tiny bit of value.

I know this isn't the popular thought around HF, but Sekera is going to bounce back next year. I'm not saying the Jets would take him (I don't want him traded. Why sell low?), but the last few games he was skating much better. Those types of injuries take time.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Rangers need Kreider and some vets to build the youth around. He will be an important leader going forward. Pionk is promising. As far as Puljujarvi. Oilers should not deal him. He could be a 80 to 100 point guy on McDavid's wing. He's just a baby in this league at 19 and his has great size. I don't see the Rangers and Oilers as being trade partners. Not even close.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Trouba may not resign and the jets are stacked on the right side but really thin on the left.
if they trade trouba their rhd are myers ( who's a free agent in 2019, gonna command roughly what he's making now, 5.5), byfuglien, who's 33 years old and defnitiely not getting younger, and tucker poolman who has limited nhl experience. thats not that good depth on the right side. a contending team like the jets would definitely not trade their best/2nd best dman.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We will not move Pionk and if u swap Kreider with Mika Zibanejad I would consider it. :)

I don`t know how Gorton would react to it - he might move Kreider for him in a similar package - not too far off value wise, @HailMcJesus

Reactions: HailMcJesus

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Lets see, Trouba could stay in Winnipeg and be on a cup contender, refuse that and get traded to a random team and maybe be back at square 1, playing with a Mark Stuartish D-man and play golf every April to September.
If Trouba wanna build his brand, now is the time to stay with the Jets and compete for the cup every year in his prime.
He will have a hard time find a better partner then Morrissey...

Reactions: Snowman

Owen Doty

Jan 1, 2018
That rangers trade is awful, and also, why are you consistently making a new oilers trade thread basically every single day? Need to chill out on the trade proposals a bit IMO

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
Trouba may not resign and the jets are stacked on the right side but really thin on the left.
That hasn't been true for awhile now. Morrissey is amazing, Kulikov had a great year and then they have Enstrom, Chiarot, Morrow, Poolman (can play left side), and AHL defenseman of the year Niku.

The left side is fine.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
The Jets have 2 LD significantly better than Sekera and Sami Niku who was just named best AHL defensemen at age 21. Try again. Terrible deal for the Jets

Reactions: Snowman

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Terrible for the Rangers. And ignore one person's very subjective opinion of Zibanejad.

EDMOILERS9729

Dec 25, 2017
Rangers need Kreider and some vets to build the youth around. He will be an important leader going forward. Pionk is promising. As far as Puljujarvi. Oilers should not deal him. He could be a 80 to 100 point guy on McDavid's wing. He's just a baby in this league at 19 and his has great size. I don't see the Rangers and Oilers as being trade partners. Not even close.
Took the exact words out of my mouth. Pulju is 19 BELIEVE IN HIM. Some players are just late bloomers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad