Speculation: Oilers hire Tyler Dellow

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Odd that they would bring down his website as well. What's the point of that?

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Odd that they would bring down his website as well. What's the point of that?

He had Oiler strategies, thoughts, etc. on that website.

All of that is going to MacT now, no need for other teams to see it.

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
Huge move forward if true. The guy comes across as a bit of a ****** on Twitter, but he's great with numbers, and has a keen eye for the game. I firmly believe that when making decisions, more information is always better than less information.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
basically the oilers bought his past work and will pay him exclusively for his future work.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
He had Oiler strategies, thoughts, etc. on that website.

All of that is going to MacT now, no need for other teams to see it.

I guess. Wouldn't it all still be accessible via the Way Back Machine anyways?

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
I can't stand he guy. He's a complete *******.

That said, while he's an egotistical jerk, he does great work. It's mixed feelings on my end.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I guess. Wouldn't it all still be accessible via the Way Back Machine anyways?

Somewhat, his main archives don't exist at the moment but you'd probably find things, he also tweets lots of information too that would be out there.

Anyways, although he can come off as a turd sometimes, this is a fantastic move by the Oilers.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Gee. The Oilers are thinking out of the box and folks are actually embracing it.

Go figure.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
Super stoked. Tyler may rub some people the wrong way but damn if he isn't great at what he does. This is huge. Couldn't be happier.

I am sad that I won't be able to read his stuff. Some of the discussions I've had or read have been fantastic.

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Gee. The Oilers are thinking out of the box and folks are actually embracing it.

Go figure.

I dunno if it's that out of the box. New Jersey hired Sunny Mehta, Toronto brought in Kyle Dubas, Jim Nill in Dallas has talked up analytics a ton. That's the way the wind is blowing across the league.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Hey look all you negative guys; a move I don't like. How do I commence the ******jerk? Do I say MacT Lowe Eakins should be fired?

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Interesting, it will probably help. Does this mean him, and his ilk, won't just be utterly dismissive "jerk" above everything and everyone in hockey now?

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Rightieo, well I suppose that means we'll even less of him posting from his old HF account now.

I rather enjoy how most of the dismissive opinions are based around his attitude, rather than his work.

J4M13M

Jun 4, 2014
Saint John NB
Also, for what it's worth, Dellow broke the story about Colin Campbell's inappropriate emails to officials a while back in situations involving his son. Not a bad bit of investigative journalism.

Now watch it be a huge heel turn, and he was actually hired by Toronto!

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
He knows his stats, but really has been wrong just as much as been right.

Wonder what kinda capacity these guys will have with teams. Its not as much as many here are thinking.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
Rightieo, well I suppose that means we'll even less of him posting from his old HF account now.

I rather enjoy how most of the dismissive opinions are based around his attitude, rather than his work.

Oh make no mistake; he's great at what he does. I just can't wait for him to call MacT an idiot just like he does on twitter when someone disagrees with him.

I hope his twitter gets shut down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad