Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
I'm not a fan of the white stripes and white lettering on the Orange jerseys. But I sure do like those Road whites.

ahawowow

Jun 29, 2009
Edmonton
I wasn't sold on the new whites until I saw them in action. Imo they're a fantastic, tasteful modernization of the old whites.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I've been skeptical but I thought the whites looked really sharp.

Still not sold on the oranges, though. I guess we'll see when they get used in a game, but these whites really make me wish we'd have gone with a navy home jersey instead.

If we really needed change anything, that is.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Overall I've liked most of what I've seen from the new adidas jerseys league wide. (The Devils one is awful though).

I was pleasantly surprised with how the Oilers' whites looked, I was pretty against the colour change from the outset. But I can live with these.

scb23

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton
I'm not impressed with the cresting on these Adidas jerseys. It's a screen print on a single layer that's then sewn on. 'Lightweight', sure, but cheap as **** looking IMO. Those jerseys should be $180, not $250. Otherwise the jerseys look nice.

Thoughts after seeing them in person?

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I think if you're only gonna buy one jersey, I'd wait to see what the 3rd jersey likely coming out next year will look like. I bet it'll be a navy one, and with the new colours it'll be gorgeous.

I think they look fantastic, looking forward to seeing the orange ones on the ice.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I'm not impressed with the cresting on these Adidas jerseys. It's a screen print on a single layer that's then sewn on. 'Lightweight', sure, but cheap as **** looking IMO. Those jerseys should be $180, not $250. Otherwise the jerseys look nice.

Thoughts after seeing them in person?

They're definitely NOT authentics, or even close. They're pretty much the same fabrics as last year's jerseys, save for the shoulder yokes. The fight strap is legit, but the jersey is a replica.

The sizing is absolutely wrong. I can wear last year's jersey in a 54 pro or an XL replica no problem, but I tried on a new 54 (XL) and it's way, way too slim. Plan on going one size larger than your normal jersey size - at least.

The name/number cresting looks cheap, is cheap, and I wouldn't bother with it, but I like my jerseys uncrested anyway. The Oilers logo is the same quality as last year's replica though, so that's good.

I compare these $180 blank / $250 crested jerseys fairly evenly to last year's $140 blank / $240 crested jerseys. They're nice, I like them.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Sports Closet in Sherwood Park Mall is loaded up with new jerseys and hoodies, shirts, etc.

The SUTP/AdMazing coupon book has a couple coupons for Sports Closet too, if you’re looking to save a few bucks.

Support local businesses!

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I wasn't sold on the new whites until I saw them in action. Imo they're a fantastic, tasteful modernization of the old whites.

They are growing on me as well although I noticed that when there is a close up of the numbers it looks like it isn't a solid navy blue color.
It almost looks as if there is a pattern on the numbers as well.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
They are growing on me as well although I noticed that when there is a close up of the numbers it looks like it isn't a solid navy blue color.
It almost looks as if there is a pattern on the numbers as well.
The numbers are perforated. Apparently they weigh 60% less than the numbers from the previous jerseys.

VsFNW1B.jpg

Columbus, Dallas, Florida, Ottawa, and Vegas are also using these.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
I think it's hilarious when they state the numbers weigh less. Like really? So the jersey weighs 0.004 pounds less because of the perforated numbers? Like that will make a difference ???

Last edited:

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The numbers are perforated. Apparently they weigh 60% less than the numbers from the previous jerseys.

VsFNW1B.jpg

Columbus, Dallas, Florida, Ottawa, and Vegas are also using these.

Good stuff Del. Who would have thought that number weight was actually an issue? :dunno:

Might have actually been a way to save a little money (on materials) in manufacturing the jersey and it was just marketed in a way that made it sound like being lighter actually mattered. :D

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Good stuff Del. Who would have thought that number weight was actually an issue? :dunno:

Might have actually been a way to save a little money (on materials) in manufacturing the jersey and it was just marketed in a way that made it sound like being lighter actually mattered. :D

I thought it was for letting the jersey breath and being more comfortable for the players.

I'm sure we will see a blue third jersey next year. I'm going to hold off to see what those look like. Either the new orange or the third.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I thought it was for letting the jersey breath and being more comfortable for the players.

I'm sure we will see a blue third jersey next year. I'm going to hold off to see what those look like. Either the new orange or the third.

I am such a sucker for new Oiler jerseys. An easy target. :laugh:

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

mcmanus

Sep 14, 2017
FYI for those who are looking to purchase...

Some retailers are now able to do the cresting with the "on ice" kits. From seeing a jersey done up in this in person it looks a LOT better then the pre-crested Adidas jerseys, however the cost is more ($30-$50) depending on where you go.

You won't be able to walk out with a jersey since they take about 2 weeks, but the difference is definitely worth it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->