Oilers Darkening blue to navy for jerseys next year

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I'm not a big jersey fan like many here, but the new white one drew my attention in a good way. Looks fantastic to me.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
New jerseys get released on Friday. $200 for no name, $250 for crested.

For the reebok jerseys it was something like 130 for no name and 170 for crested right?? Speaking in terms of men's sizes of course.

Also the "authentic" ones with the jersey strap were like 250?

Seems pretty steep to me, although I'm sure they will have zero problem selling them at that price.

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
I think that's for authentics.

from facebook:
0G20nZf.png

fyi: none of these people are me

mcmanus

Sep 14, 2017
For the reebok jerseys it was something like 130 for no name and 170 for crested right?? Speaking in terms of men's sizes of course.

Also the "authentic" ones with the jersey strap were like 250?

Seems pretty steep to me, although I'm sure they will have zero problem selling them at that price.

You are thinking of the more recent prices when they were trying to blow-out the reebok jerseys. Also that was the price for the "pressed on lettering".

The first McDavid jersey I bought was a Reebok replica and the crested price for the new orange jerseys was around $240 and that had the stitched numbers/name bar. I believe some places were selling the pressed on lettering for around $200.

The "Authentic" ones were $300 not crested with the fight strap.

My understanding of what Adidas has done is the following:

Fanatic Jersey - Made by Fanatic will be equivalent to what the Reebok Replicas were (which weren't great when it comes to jerseys compared to what the on-ice jerseys were). Pricing has not been released, it is believed these jerseys will have pressed on cresting and will be available sometime in October.

Authentic - Made by Adidas will be visually identical to the on-ice jersey but will have the fight straps and similar weight saving features but will be made out of a bit more coarse material. The cresting will be stitched. Can be purchased through the Oilers store or in Ford Hall tomorrow for $200 non crested $250 crested. Other retailers are able to sell the jersey starting September 22nd. (Unclear if the jersey is made in Indonesia or Canada).

On-Ice - Made by Adidas, these are the actual real-deal jerseys that the teams will wear. It is unknown if these jerseys will ever make it to retail. Rumours that if these make it to retail they'll be around $400.

Last edited:

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
I love the white jersey, I do not like the Orange, the blue doesn't look good with that orange and the stripes seem slightly less minimalistic than our old edge jerseys.

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
With the authentics being 50$ more than Edge replicas, this is pretty good pricing for jersey hounds like myself. I never really bought an authentic before, but I'm tempted now.

Rkhtsen

Jan 15, 2016
With the authentics being 50$ more than Edge replicas, this is pretty good pricing for jersey hounds like myself. I never really bought an authentic before, but I'm tempted now.

Are the Edge replicas made by adidas too? Are these the ones that will be stocked at sporting good stores like sportchek?

i picked up both and they are fricken fantastic...pricing isnt that bad with the 15% off season seat card

I was going to do the same thing but wanted to use my Oilers bucks so need to buy the jerseys at Rogers place

mcmanus

Sep 14, 2017
Are the Edge replicas made by adidas too? Are these the ones that will be stocked at sporting good stores like sportchek?

I was going to do the same thing but wanted to use my Oilers bucks so need to buy the jerseys at Rogers place

The "edge" jerseys are the old reeboks. The "replica" jerseys will be made by Fanatic not by Adidas and should be available some time in October. They will resemble the "authentic" but will be a lower cost alternative.

I believe the price of a crested Fanatic jersey is around $200.

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Will be grabbing a blue McDavid and a white Larson ASAP

Saving Drai for whatever our third is next year (assuming there is one)

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Will be grabbing a blue McDavid and a white Larson ASAP

Saving Drai for whatever our third is next year (assuming there is one)

I get the feeling Larsson will switch back to his regular no.5 once Fayne is eventually dumped from the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->