Post-Game Talk: Oilers 3, Wild 2

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Davidson is looking like he was defensively 2 seasons ago. Much like that stretch he's winning a ton of puck battles and is using his great positioning to limit opposition. That season his offensive game was starting to grow before he got injured, but we haven't seen that yet. As he gets more comfortable I think we'll see him utilize his shot a little more and not be afraid to join in the rush a bit.

I think when Sekera and Larsson are back that Benning might be hard pressed to stick in the lineup. I personally would run:

Nurse-Larsson
Sekera-Russell
Klefbom-Davidson

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Holy shit those two goals by Dumba were just unstoppable.

The boys played a good game Nuge was a total beast out there and Pulj continues to impress.

Happy for the win today, they really needed to shake an afternoon game and get past a backup - positives.

Powerplay needs a new look.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Davidson is looking like he was defensively 2 seasons ago. Much like that stretch he's winning a ton of puck battles and is using his great positioning to limit opposition. That season his offensive game was starting to grow before he got injured, but we haven't seen that yet. As he gets more comfortable I think we'll see him utilize his shot a little more and not be afraid to join in the rush a bit.

I think when Sekera and Larsson are back that Benning might be hard pressed to stick in the lineup. I personally would run:

Nurse-Larsson
Sekera-Russell
Klefbom-Davidson
The only problem is it’s a lot of lefties. That’s the one edge Benning has on everyone.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
The only problem is it’s a lot of lefties. That’s the one edge Benning has on everyone.
At the same time they're only running 1 righty atm so who knows. If they cared about handedness over ability then Gryba would be in the lineup right now. I think a lot will depend on Todd's opinion of Benning compared to Davidson.

Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Was Lucic as good as the highlights suggested? I only got to see the 1st

Looch seemed to find a lot of space today, he wasn't on the wrong side of the puck too often and found a way to skate with the whole line. Overall he had a pretty good game. He scored a real nice shot on the one good opportunity, he was banging and going all game. He strikes his opportunities real well

Reactions: ToddsBod

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
I think at this stage of the season you have to get jp some pp time. They should be putting the best players on the ice in the situation there in.we need wins and testtube has had some luck in the past but seems like that ship may have sailed. C mon todd time to tell woody whats what here.....jp time

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
I think at this stage of the season you have to get jp some pp time. They should be putting the best players on the ice in the situation there in.we need wins and testtube has had some luck in the past but seems like that ship may have sailed. C mon todd time to tell woody whats what here.....jp time

It seems like Todd has a hidden bias to young European players, Why only nine minutes for Jesse tonight .
He played hard, scored a goal, but useless Strome gets more ice time..

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
It seems like Todd has a hidden bias to young European players, Why only nine minutes for Jesse tonight .
It seems kinda crazy for sure. He should be on the ice more that strome, testtube , drake ect . he is young has lots of energy plays a 200 foot game what more could you possibly expect out of him. Show him the love and let him run

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
Holy **** those two goals by Dumba were just unstoppable.

The boys played a good game Nuge was a total beast out there and Pulj continues to impress.

Happy for the win today, they really needed to shake an afternoon game and get past a backup - positives.

LB would have stopped those..."As beer spits out of my nose from laughing"
My joke for the day...

SnooPac

Sep 13, 2008
McDavid has been given the secondary assist on Lucic's goal. Originally it was only from Draisaitl.

If they can change that...

Soliloquy of a Dogge said:
I'm a little surprised McDavid didn't get an assist on that goal. Won the faceoff and nobody else had possession until Lucic touched it.

48g90a138pts= said:
I thought the same, then figured I missed something. Idk :dunno:

Do you guys think if we send @Nhl more tweets they might take a look?
Or waste of time?

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Which makes ZERO sense since JP has shown himself to be way better defensively than a guy like Strome. Hell JP has arguably been a top 3 defensive forward since he got called up. Constantly breaking up high valued chances with his back check and seems always in the right place to take away a players stick from the puck.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Holy **** those two goals by Dumba were just unstoppable.

So Maroon looking like crap today wasn't Nuge's fault like someone was claiming?

I didn't see the game but good to know Nuge stepped up when McDavid wasn't his best. He's been really solid all season.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
If 1 of Drai/Pulju could play left wing it could make for an unstoppable first line

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Things are looking very good for the Oilers right now.

First line could be on the verge of something very good. Lucic was a beast tonight. McDavid is finally healthy. Puljujarvi not only looks like he belongs but also got some freaking PP time.

Defence is trending up. PK has improved a tiny bit since Davidson came back.

I really think this was the best game for the Oilers all season.

I didn't see the game but good to know Nuge stepped up when McDavid wasn't his best. He's been really solid all season.

It wasn't a transcendent game for McDavid but he was still pretty good. Absolutely better than Nuge.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
McDavid is officially credited with the assist...NHL.com.
No. We're talking about the Puljujarvi goal, not the Lucic goal. He was credited with an assist on the Lucic goal right after it was scored. On the Puljujarvi goal though it looked like when he won the faceoff he pushed it forward to Lucic.

So far it's stayed the same so I don't expect them to change it anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->