GDT: Oiler "Promotion" Thread-aka all things non Season Ticket related

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
Thought this should have its own thread as some STH thought that the STH thread was used as a vehicle to laugh at the STH's spending their hard earned money. So here we have this.
So the Oilers just announced a few promotions.
Thursday games the Oilers will provide to all in the rink the unprecedented generosity of $5 Coors Lites cans TO THE END OF THE 1ST PERIOD no less. But wait. It gets better. Its not the bigger cans they usually sell. Its the 355ml ones.
And not only that. To illustrate how generous the Oilers are, you have to be aware, the Oilers have THREE Thursday night games. Oh my, its unbelievable how they are stepping up for their long suffering fans.
There are a few other promos. One of which is for Saturday games the 50/50 is now going to be up to 30/70 in the ticket buyers favor. But given that everyone (or me at least) has always been under the impression that the "houses" 50% goes to charity, one has to ask is if the promo is on the back of charitable organizations (which would be typically Oiler like), or are the Oilers actually making up the 20% for the charitable part.
Anyways, there it is .

Last edited:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
In regards to the 30/70, I'd have to assume there'd be a significant increase in total sales, so I'm not sure the charitable organizations are coming up short. If anything, they'll probably see a greater return than a normal 50/50.

edmoil3

Mar 26, 2010
So thirsty Thursday’s. Total of 3 times for one period each. For cans they usually don’t sell. Lol

Third jersey Friday’s. Nothing given up there.

Super split saturdays. Nothing given up there.

Trip sundays likely picked up by a sponsor.

Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad