Proposal: Oil/Pens/Flames

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Oiler In: Letang($7.25 millio)
Oilers Out: Klefbom, Puljujarvi or Klefbom, Yamamoto + 10th OA($5.095 million)

Pens In: Hamilton, Puljujarvi or (Yamamoto + 10th OA) + Frolik($10.975 million)
Pens Out: Letang + Kessel($14.05 million)

Flames In: Kessel + Klefbom($10.97 million)
Flames Out: Hamilton + Frolik($10.05 million)

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

That's a steep price coming from Edmonton. Then the Pens turn around and get Hamilton with those assets? And Klefbom ends up a Flame? Nah. Oilers pass.

Also: Pens must take on more salary, not Edmonton.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
That's a steep price coming from Edmonton. Then the Pens turn around and get Hamilton with those assets? And Klefbom ends up a Flame? Nah. Oilers pass.

The Penguins are already giving up Kessel and Letang, why do you want to make the deal worse for them? :laugh:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Easy no from the oilers

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
The Penguins are already giving up Kessel and Letang, why do you want to make the deal worse for them? :laugh:

Well I guess my point was Edmonton is giving up a rich haul and taking on more salary which they can't afford.

Yeah the Pens by the end are losing a ton.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
Calgary passes. they can probably get someone more in their age window with a less expensive contract for Hamilton alone.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010

I don’t know, a #3/4 Defenseman + a very high end prospect for a bonified #1 RH defenseman, locked up for another 4 years, seems about right. You can say Letang isn’t the guy because of age but you’d be hard pressed to find better for the price.

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
Oilers getting bent over pretty hard. I actually think the Penguins make out okay on this trade.

Oilers In: Letang + Tkachuk

That's still not quite even.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'll give it a try, because I was legitimately thinking of a three way with these three teams, with Pens playing the facilitator for the two AB rivals:

Oiler In:
Andersson, Letang
Oilers Out: Puljujarvi, 10th OA, Zack Kassian

Pens In: Brodie, Frolik, Zack Kassian, 10OA
Pens Out: Kessel, Letang

Flames In: Kessel, Puljujarvi
Flames Out: Andersson, Brodie, Frolik

Thought process:
Edmonton gets a top pairing PMD & top 4 prospect with great upsde.
They Lose: #10 pick, A top pick from 2 years ago draft with high potential, and Zack Kassian (cap thing)

Pens get a top 3 guy, who can play on the top pair and has no issues playing 26+ minutes a night, they get a swing winger in Frolik who can play up and down the lineup and have no issues with it, they get some major toughness with decent skills in Kassian, they get the 10OA at the draft to pick up someone like Ferabee or Veleno, who could play in the NHL sooner rather than later on an ELC (because Malkin/Crosby can shelter). They also open up 5 million in cap space. Also get back into a high pick, something they've missed for a bit now.
They Lose: A great D in Letang, a great winger in Kessel.

Flames get: A top RW right now, a winger with some potential that's had a hard time putting it together.
They Lose: A top 3 guy, their top prospect, a dependable RW.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I'll give it a try, because I was legitimately thinking of a three way with these three teams, with Pens playing the facilitator for the two AB rivals:

Oiler In:
Andersson, Letang

Thought process:
They Lose: #10 pick, A top pick from 2 years ago draft with high potential, and Zack Kassian (cap thing)

Pens get a top 3 guy, who can play on the top pair and has no issues playing 26+ minutes a night, they get a swing winger in Frolik who can play up and down the lineup and have no issues with it, they get some major toughness with decent skills in Kassian, they get the 10OA at the draft to pick up someone like Ferabee or Veleno, who could play in the NHL sooner rather than later on an ELC (because Malkin/Crosby can shelter). They also open up 5 million in cap space. Also get back into a high pick, something they've missed for a bit now.

Flames get: A top RW right now, a winger with some potential that's had a hard time putting it together.

Value wise, very well done!

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010

Oiler In:
Andersson, Letang

Thought process:

That is terrible value for the Pens!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad