Prospect Info: OHL Prospects Review

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Guelph should be fun to watch.

They added Alex Toropchenko(STL's 4th rounder) for next season. He and Samorukov have played together a bit in Russia and internationally. Should be nice for him to have a fellow countryman on the team.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Brock, you are the best.

I've been pumping Wells' tires ever since his awesome playoff run ended and I was through the moon when we grabbed Samorukov. Happy to see that you're quite high on both.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Thanks Brock. I'm an Ice Dogs regular (since day 1) and agree with the rankings. Niemo certainly disappointed this season.

Wells, Mantha, Maximov and Samorukov are certainly exciting prospects considering the highest asset we've used on any of them is a 3rd round pick.

I love having Chia and K. Gretzky in the organization. Finally we are paying more attention to the OHL. Should lead to fewer big misses like Toffoli and Jenner.

Even last year it was a strong debate between Tkachuk and Sergachev before Pulju fell into our laps!

I imagine this year they take a strong look at Akil Thomas. Though I doubt he's there when we draft

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Decent read, thanks. The more I read about Wells, the more I think he could be a real steal.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Getting really intrigued by Samorukov the more I read about him. Thought it was an average pick at the time but now it seems hes a great bet. Bit of a Russian factor in addition to a slow start to the year might be a reason he was available in our range.

His tools scream great prospect and I think next year his points will shoot up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad