Prospect Info: OHL Prospects' Review

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
thanks, good write-up. of the players mentioned, i'm most interested to see how White develops...not really sure what we have there yet.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Nice write up Brock, appreciate your insight as always!

Just curious as to what you think Studenic's potential could be?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Nice write up Brock, appreciate your insight as always!

Just curious as to what you think Studenic's potential could be?

For a guy like Studenic, he's probably a top 6 winger or bust. He certainly has the speed and skill to develop into a 2nd line winger, and next year will tell us a lot about his goal scoring ability and his hockey sense IMO.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
For a guy like Studenic, he's probably a top 6 winger or bust. He certainly has the speed and skill to develop into a 2nd line winger, and next year will tell us a lot about his goal scoring ability and his hockey sense IMO.

I feel these guys are way too early in their development to make these type proclamations.

I also don't think there is much difference in terms of role between a 2nd line winger or a 3rd line winger.

4th liners can be a different breed entirely, a Ryan Carter type, a Gio, Fiddler etc, but a 2nd or a 3rd? What's the difference besides talent?

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I feel these guys are way too early in their development to make these type proclamations.

I also don't think there is much difference in terms of role between a 2nd line winger or a 3rd line winger.

4th liners can be a different breed entirely, a Ryan Carter type, a Gio, Fiddler etc, but a 2nd or a 3rd? What's the difference besides talent?
Zone starts and QOC

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
That speaks to level of ability, not style of play.

Unless your thinking your 3rd liner should be more defensively oriented.
I rank based on easier minutes. 2nd liners are that of the Gagner or Ribiero level that thrive against weak competition. 3rd liners are play drivers who may not have quite the high end skill but break even against better players.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I rank based on easier minutes. 2nd liners are that of the Gagner or Ribiero level that thrive against weak competition. 3rd liners are play drivers who may not have quite the high end skill but break even against better players.

In terms of style of play, what's the difference between Gagner and Bennett?

Aside from Gagner's ability to put points on the board, there is not much difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad