OHL Live:

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Is OHL live any good, I don't know much about it and have been thinking about getting it come playoff time as I do not have Rogers TV.

Any reviews would be greatly appreciated!

youppi2

Dec 19, 2012
Edmonton
OHL live is great from the major cities, high quality video and sound, not great from SSM, Sudbury or Saginaw/Flint but improved greatly over the years. Kitchener has consistent problems with sound/video synch. It's worthwhile for sure if you don't want to miss any games.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I watch most Sting away games on OHL Live. I've had a few issues in the past with the feed not even working and ended up missing the game. I sent an email to their customer care and never got a response, this has happened 3 times that I can remember.

So far this year I haven't had any issues.

As for the quality it's hit and miss and a lot of it has to do with where the games are being broadcast from. Feeds from Saginaw and Flint have been pretty rough. The person behind the camera is also a factor. There are 4 options for quality control, Best available, 2000kps, 1000kps and 500kps. Best available I find annoying depending on the connection. It can lag time to time. I try and use the 2000kps if it wont leg but a lot of the time I'm stuck with 1000kps which isn't amazing by any means but it is watchable from a distance (I run a HDMI from laptop to TV)

StingDrone

Sep 21, 2017
topof106.tumblr.com
SSM is much better this year since they dropped the audio from the radio broadcast. Flint Saginaw and Erie still use radio audio. Sarnia has only played Kitchener once so far and the only problem w/ audio & video out of sync was during pregame and intermissions. London was way out of sync last season but no problems this season. Other teams were very good quality (except Missy - they didn't broadcast the game vs Sarnia).

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
My situation is so: I'm a Rangers season ticket holder so home games are obviously no issue for me. Is it worth getting just for Playoff away games? I guess there would also be the bonus of being able to watch all the other OHL playoff action.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
My buddy and I wanted to split a subscription to the Kingston playoff pass; will it allow us to both be logged in at once to watch the same game?

Not sure but I highly doubt it. Might be worth a inquiry if they will actually answer you back. lol

StingDrone

Sep 21, 2017
topof106.tumblr.com
My buddy and I wanted to split a subscription to the Kingston playoff pass; will it allow us to both be logged in at once to watch the same game?
When a 2nd user logs in, you will get an error message on the 1st device logged in: Alert - This account is in use on another device. I will experiment using replays on 2 devices ( 1 android and 1 pc) and if I can make something work, I will post it here. I may be able to make it work with replays, can't guarantee the same for live feeds

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
When a 2nd user logs in, you will get an error message on the 1st device logged in: Alert - This account is in use on another device. I will experiment using replays on 2 devices ( 1 android and 1 pc) and if I can make something work, I will post it here. I may be able to make it work with replays, can't guarantee the same for live feeds

No worries, thank you for the heads up. I'll just get a subscription, too. *Only* ~$25 for a subscription to watch Kingston for at least 4 games.

ObscureAlien

May 1, 2016
I have a pretty good connection and have found its worked almost perfectly all year. One Friday night though, no stream I played would play its max quality which my internet had been able to handle all year which was weird. I also found one London stream got out of sync one night. I also tried to watch an archived game and it was laggy so I didn't try again. Those were my only 3 issues all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad