OHL All Star Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Game just ended. Was a pretty one sided game, Team West really laid into the East (as expected if you were to look at the rosters).

So thoughts anyone?

I thought two lines did most of the work for Team West, the Fritsche-Kanko-Richards line was outstanding. All three played very well, especially Fritsche who didnt deserve to be there, but obviously proved he belonged. The Bolland-Hisey-Hennigar line was the other one that was doing a lot of damage.

I thought in net for West, Drew was awesome, outshined Overage counterpart, Colaiacovo (who played well despite a barrage of shots and scoring opportunities)

For Team East, the one guy who was doing most of the damage was Wojtech Wolski, who after an unspectacular Prospects Game (IMO), played very well in this game.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
Kryoptix said:
i want info on locke and flood :p
anybody?

Corey Locke was pretty good. He didn't get on the scoresheet, but he had some great shifts and had some good scoring chances.

Mark Flood played alright too. I like him, he seems like a very smart offensive defenseman, pretty good in his own end too.

David A. Rainer

Jun 10, 2002
Huntington Beach
profile.myspace.com
For those of you who were fortunate enough to be in a market that remotely provides hockey coverage ( :cry: ), can anyone tell me how Kanko looked? I know Brock said that his line did well, but does anyone have any specifics for Kanko? Anything noteworthy in addition to his two goals?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Brock said:
Game just ended. Was a pretty one sided game, Team West really laid into the East (as expected if you were to look at the rosters).

So thoughts anyone?

I thought two lines did most of the work for Team West, the Fritsche-Kanko-Richards line was outstanding. All three played very well, especially Fritsche who didnt deserve to be there, but obviously proved he belonged. The Bolland-Hisey-Hennigar line was the other one that was doing a lot of damage.

I thought in net for West, Drew was awesome, outshined Overage counterpart, Colaiacovo (who played well despite a barrage of shots and scoring opportunities)

For Team East, the one guy who was doing most of the damage was Wojtech Wolski, who after an unspectacular Prospects Game (IMO), played very well in this game.

I agree Brock I thought the Fritsche-Kanko-Richards line was outstanding ..

Erie otter Dman Chris Campoli also played well IMO

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
DeathFromAbove said:
For those of you who were fortunate enough to be in a market that remotely provides hockey coverage ( :cry: ), can anyone tell me how Kanko looked? I know Brock said that his line did well, but does anyone have any specifics for Kanko? Anything noteworthy in addition to his two goals?

He was outstanding. The normal Petr Kanko way. Lots of energy and scoring chances. Really showcased his speed last night. As i said before, the line of him, Fritsche and Richards showed a lot of chemistry, and they all fed off each other.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
jmelm said:
How did Paul Bissonette look?

Bissonette was very good. I think he's a very underrated prospect. He nearly made the Pens this past camp (even if it's the Pens, it's still an accomplishment), and his defensive game is very very good, and with his strength, I actually do believe he is close to NHL ready. His offensive game still remains a little inconsistent, but that's something he can continue to work at in Saginaw and then in the Pro's.

puck bunny

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Brock said:
Bissonette was very good. I think he's a very underrated prospect. He nearly made the Pens this past camp (even if it's the Pens, it's still an accomplishment), and his defensive game is very very good, and with his strength, I actually do believe he is close to NHL ready. His offensive game still remains a little inconsistent, but that's something he can continue to work at in Saginaw and then in the Pro's.

How did Wisniewski look?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Brock said:
He was outstanding. The normal Petr Kanko way. Lots of energy and scoring chances. Really showcased his speed last night. As i said before, the line of him, Fritsche and Richards showed a lot of chemistry, and they all fed off each other.

I particularly liked that tape to tape Richards to Kanko 40 ft Breakaway pass up the middle ...You can tell that these two have played together before and because they are kitchener Rangers teammates showed great Chemistry...

a side note most of the WJC team players played on the Winning team that seems stacked to me..

Coey Perry made a few plays that caught my eye and 17 year old Bolland's move and goal was quite spectacular but probably wouldn't happen in a real OHL game as a Dman would have leveled him and if Phaneuf was playing KILLED him ...cutting accross the middle with his head down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad