OHL Action Pack (Cogeco)

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Happy to report that according to my guide, this weeks set of OHL games are listed in HD. Must be because baseball is done.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Happy to report that according to my guide, this weeks set of OHL games are listed in HD. Must be because baseball is done
I have been following this thread with some interest. I'm back in the city this week and was unsure if I was going to get the actionpac or not. It is good news if they are starting to show these games in HD. Without football and SD hockey I was not going to renew.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Just wanted to remind everyone of the forum rules, it is not allowed to discuss potential illegal methods of streaming: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/help/site_rules/

6) Streams/Copyrighted Material/Illegal Topics:
Do not post any of the following:
• Links to or requests for links to illegal streams
• Discussions of illegal streaming services or proxies
• Large portions of ANY article. The reader must have incentive to visit the source.
• Discussions of piracy techniques

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
Last night 11 Jan 18 there were 6 games on the OHL Action Pak, 2 were in HD

I contacted Cogeco / YourTV, I am more confused than ever on this

@yourtvkingston just curious as to why on the OHLActiopak tonight only 2 of the 6 games are on HD channels, lots of open HD channel & 4 of yhe games in Cogeco areas. All are broadcast in HD
7:38 PM - 11 Jan 2018
1 reply0 retweets0 likes

View Tweet activity
10_PeteCKFrton_normal.jpg
Tweet text

1. New conversation
    2. Cogeco‏ @cogecohelps 15h15 hours ago
      More
      Replying to @MisterDB @yourtvkingston
      Hi David, sometimes we don't have the feed for some games in HD, the team might not be providing it in HD. Hope that helps. Thank you #Cogeco ^
      1 reply0 retweets0 likes
  • Cogeco‏ @cogecohelps 14h14 hours ago
    More
    This might be something you have to ask the OHL, to see if they are filming these missing HD games. I wish I could be more help. I know that if we have the HD versions we provide them to our viewers. Thank you #Cogeco ^Jen
    1 reply0 retweets0 likes
    1. Cogeco‏ @cogecohelps 14h14 hours ago
      More
      Replying to @MisterDB @yourtvkingston
      The quality of events offered can vary from venue-to-venue. This depends on many variables like equipment used at the venue, the internet at the venue, the devise you are using and your internet connection. The teams staff film the games. Thank you, #Cogeco ^Jen
      1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Direct message
    2. David H Bradley‏ @MisterDB 13h13 hours ago
      More
      I am not using the internet to access but a Pace HD box cable subscription
      DTTgYAkXUAAvMPf.jpg

DTTgYAlXcAAPx0p.jpg

3. Cogeco‏ @cogecohelps 13h13 hours ago
      More
      I understand that, but we are not filming their games using television equipment. From what I gather the team staff are filming and my guess uploading the game and we are rebroadcasting it. Exact detail can be found by asking OHL Thank you #Cogeco ^Jen
      1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Direct message
    4. David H Bradley‏ @MisterDB 13h13 hours ago
      More
      How are Kingston games shown, using Cogeco equipment and crews, the same way as the other teams. There us such a thing as OHL Live and that is done over the internet, a seperate company

Last edited:
Reactions: ohloutsider

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Just an fyi but I got bored today and filed a "question" to the CRTC. That is not a formal complaint but the first stage to one depending on the answers they bring back. I'm curious to see how Cogeco responds to the crtc on the issue of charging but not providing HD sportspac to their customers. I will keep everyone posted. They say it may be up to 2 weeks before they respond.

Reactions: the dog

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
Good for you. Getting ALL the teams/local cable companies to comply with only HD compatable cameras will go a very long way to improving the OHL’s image as big time or small time entertainment I believe. The broadcasts from the Soo and some other cities are amateurish at best.

In the case of the Soo, Shaw Cable used to send a crew from Winnipeg to do our broadcasts. Now we have only Sault College students as volunteers using old Shaw Cable equipment.

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
All of Rogers / Cogeco are using HD, so is Shaw and pretty sure Eastlink has converted. On the US side I have seen HD games from all of them. So the equipment is in place, there are available channels is is simply a matter of someone inputting or switching the games "on"?

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
I can tell you from a service man working for Shaw that they DON’T have HD cameras doing the local Hounds broadcasts.

He was the one that told me about Shaw sending a crew from Winnipeg to the Soo for each game as recently as 3 years ago.

count35

Nov 26, 2014
Soo
I’m currently watching the Kingston/Oshawa game on Sportsnet this afternoon and it looks great in HD!

Unfortunately this is NOT the quality I will be watching at home for the Hounds/Missy game tonight!

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
At the Fronts game yesterday I talked to a higher up mucky muck in Cogeco I know.

He confirms MOST ONT games use TV crews and HD equipment. The issue lies with............ROGERS switching the games from SD over to their HD channels which Cogeco picks up.

I explained my convo with YourTV and he said they had to be confused over the interet issue and said they probably were referring to OHL Live and not the cable ActionPak.

He also stated that the US games are internet fed into Rogers.

I watched some of the Soo game yesterday, the game was on an HD channel but as count35 says it wasn't being filmed in HD.

BREAKING NEWS, some probably already heard, per Cogeco contact, the NFL is returning to the Sports Package, apparently the NFL is ticked off about the failed internet fiasco.

Last edited:
Reactions: the dog

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
At the Fronts game yesterday I talked to a higher up mucky muck in Cogeco I know.

He confirms MOST ONT games use TV crews and HD equipment. The issue lies with............ROGERS switching the games from SD over to their HD channels which Cogeco picks up.

I explained my convo with YourTV and he said they had to be confused over the interet issue and said they probably were referring to OHL Live and not the cable ActionPak.

He also stated that the US games are internet fed into Rogers.

I watched some of the Soo game yesterday, the game was on an HD channel but as count35 says it wasn't being filmed in HD.

BREAKING NEWS, some probably already heard, per Cogeco contact, the NFL is returning to the Sports Package, apparently the NFL is ticked off about the failed internet fiasco.

You man the NFL is leaving DAZN?

MisterDB

Apr 5, 2012
The Cogeco contact whom I have known for years (he goes to the Fronts games) said it was coming back so we'll have to wait and see.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Just an fyi but I got bored today and filed a "question" to the CRTC. That is not a formal complaint but the first stage to one depending on the answers they bring back. I'm curious to see how Cogeco responds to the crtc on the issue of charging but not providing HD sportspac to their customers. I will keep everyone posted. They say it may be up to 2 weeks before they respond.
Well it's been 2 weeks - no response which is no surprise - I will do some follow-up on Monday.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Just wondering if anyone here can help me out. We've moved and our only access to cable tv is via satellite.

Is there any service that offers the OHL action pak via satellite or am I reduced to having to stream games from the OHL website? (Not happy with the picture quality there).

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Just wondering if anyone here can help me out. We've moved and our only access to cable tv is via satellite.

Is there any service that offers the OHL action pak via satellite or am I reduced to having to stream games from the OHL website? (Not happy with the picture quality there).

Unfortunately satillie TV has limited regular season coverage for most markets, the OHL live stream is about as good as it's gonna get depending upon your internet provider you can adjust the picture quality via buffer toggles in the live stream controls. I know that myself along with another poster on the forum split the cost of the live stream feeds for the road games and split individual playoff game costs but there's a monopoly on Jr hockey that is split between Rogers, YourTV that are the only real big ones.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Unfortunately satillie TV has limited regular season coverage for most markets, the OHL live stream is about as good as it's gonna get depending upon your internet provider you can adjust the picture quality via buffer toggles in the live stream controls. I know that myself along with another poster on the forum split the cost of the live stream feeds for the road games and split individual playoff game costs but there's a monopoly on Jr hockey that is split between Rogers, YourTV that are the only real big ones.

Ok. Thanks a bunch for the info.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->