Oh please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
cfrancis said:
Need we outline the Russian penalties that weren't called? Or the Russian dives that weren't called? It goes on.... There were non-calls both ways. Fact is Russia got outplayed.

Yes, please do, specify the type of the call and the exact time, I have a DVD and I will take a look! Perhaps I really missed them, but I don't think so because the refereeing was blatantly one-sided.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Slay said:
I thought I pointed out that Canada well deserved this victory, also I pointed out on referee's serious mistake and overall not great job which is always should be recognized and not hushed up. And now please point me out where I have said that Russia deserved the victory in this game.
Sorry man, my response wasn't directed squarely at you. More directed at the Russian contigent on these boards. Guys like Siberian, Metallion, Peter25. Guys that still whine, cry and ***** about being beaten by a tough physical game. It is posters like these that perpetuate the "pansy Euro" stereotype on these boards and give other Russian posters like yourself a really, really bad name, undeservedly so. Again, sorry, not trying to single you out.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
This kinda of stuff is all part of the game. You have a goal like that not count, then you have to battle through that type of stuff, not fold and say, see yas all next year. The Russian player never celebrated, not even a little, so he didn't even know it went in. If he had of, then the officials would have went upstairs right away and looked at it.

It's an unfortunate thing, but its part of the game.

Hounsy

Dec 28, 2003
A wonderful location
Visit site
cfrancis said:
Need we outline the Russian penalties that weren't called? Or the Russian dives that weren't called? It goes on.... There were non-calls both ways. Fact is Russia got outplayed.

If the Russian bench and players failed to recongnize at the time of the goal it was in and request, and demand a review it is as much their fault as anybody. Once play is resumed the chance to review is gone, that's just the way it is not a bias.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Hounsy said:
If the Russian bench and players failed to recongnize at the time of the goal it was in and request, and demand a review it is as much their fault as anybody. Once play is resumed the chance to review is gone, that's just the way it is not a bias.

Of course, that is what Goal Judge must have been hoping for that Russian bench will fail to notice from 100 feet that the goal actually crossed the line. Naive Russians really relied on this guy.

Raisy

Oct 27, 2003
Siberian said:
Yes, please do, specify the type of the call and the exact time, I have a DVD and I will take a look! Perhaps I really missed them, but I don't think so because the refereeing was blatantly one-sided.
Everytime Blunden stood in front of the net. At one point the defenseman had him in a head lock. The goalie was slashing him in the back. None of that was called. There is no way you can say the reffing was one-sided. Calls were missed both ways, it will always be the case.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Siberian said:
Of course, that is what Goal Judge must have been hoping for that Russian bench will fail to notice from 100 feet that the goal actually crossed the line. Naive Russians really relied on this guy.
And you are really sounding like the stereo-typical whiney Russian this morning. Go get a tissue, you may want to get the ones that have lotion in them, they are softer on the nose. :whine: :nopity:

On a side note, what were the power plays last night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->