OT: Offside Tavern is Coming BACK!

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Awesome for Nick! He was on the Weird Isles podcast this week and mentioned that while he was thrilled and humbled to have a home at UBS last season he didn't have full control of everything like a normal bar setup and he missed that.

Reactions: MJF

The Lighthouse

Aug 1, 2011
So are they leaving UBS or will this be their "main" location and they will keep operating UBS as well?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Awesome for Nick! He was on the Weird Isles podcast this week and mentioned that while he was thrilled and humbled to have a home at UBS last season he didn't have full control of everything like a normal bar setup and he missed that.
They put out this video earlier today

Last edited:
Reactions: xECK29x

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Unsure, but would be silly for Nick to give up that spot at UBS, unless the owners were just using the name.
But he may want to take back some of the knickknacks he put up at his UBS Arena location. ;)

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
Lower East Side? Trying to make it more remote? Kinda of a bizarre location for an Isles bar.

(not that 14th st was much better)

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I'd hope not. Are there a large number of Isles fans in lower Manhattan which I'm unaware of?
It can be anywhere in Manhattan or an Uber across the Williamsburg Bridge. LES isn’t walking distance to the LIRR but there’s plenty of people under 30 years old who live close by.

Reactions: Levi Walking Bear

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
It can be anywhere in Manhattan or an Uber across the Williamsburg Bridge. LES isn’t walking distance to the LIRR but there’s plenty of people under 30 years old who live close by.
What do I know. :) Glad they're coming back!

Now Scotty wiper has a place for a local game hangout when he comes!

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Yeah, when it was announced that Offsides was going to be at UBS, i thought it would be something much more than it was. I thought nick would be there with his fisherman logo stuff and have fun games and activitites and all that jazz. Instead it was just a cookie cutter bar like every other one in the builing, but this one just had "offsides tavern" on the side.

Its awesome the real version of Offsides is coming back. I lived like 6 blocks away from his old location at the time and just loved going there

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
I'd hope not. Are there a large number of Isles fans in lower Manhattan which I'm unaware of?
I don't always go to Manhattan, but when I do I stay south of Houston. (Exceptiing Met Museum visits, and trips to Kinokuniya).

Seriously, though, I'd say I see at least as much NYI compared to Rangers gear in South Slope & Kensington. Lots of NYI fans. And the LES is off the F.

JBHockey

Mar 12, 2012
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
That's great, when I went to my first game at UBS I was looking for the offside tavern I followed the signs around the arena and probably waked by it 5 times because it looked just like every other bar in UBS.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00