Rumor: Offseason Rumors Thread #1 | Trade Milan, Milan So Far Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
...??????? What? Why not? Salary? History of past playoff choking? He's definitely got a more impressive track record than Talbot.

He's 33 and has been pretty average for the past few seasons before this one. I doubt he keeps it up thi slevel of performance going forward. Plus he's gonna get paid.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I personally wouldnt touch anyone on LV with a ten foot pole this summer. Not only will every player be overrated because they were on a cup finals team, but theyll also be more overrated because GMs will think these players have found their games and redeemed themselves. I feel bad for whosever tricked into signing James Neal for anything over 4.5 mil

William Karlsson for 5+ is going to hurt.

Miller should be a decent bet at 4+ though.

Reactions: BoldNewLettuce

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Truly believe Vegas will take advantage of the team model success this year and get a metric ton of hometown discounts. They will preach the team success negotiation tactic and have a great case based on this year.

Karlsson, Neal and Perron will be re-signed for surprisingly reasonable averages.

Reactions: Aerrol

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
He's 33 and has been pretty average for the past few seasons before this one. I doubt he keeps it up thi slevel of performance going forward. Plus he's gonna get paid.

He was definitely not average the season before this one. He was as important as Murray was, if not more so, to the Pens getting their cup last season. The season before that, he was above average IMO, but that's at least debatable. I think he's actually going to keep a very high level of play up for a few more years, though maybe not to this insane level.

I agree that age is a concern and his price point even more so. But Talbot is turning 31 this year, so he's not exactly that much younger - I'd glad trade the two assuming we could keep Fleury at a reasonable rate.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
...??????? What? Why not? Salary? History of past playoff choking? He's definitely got a more impressive track record than Talbot.

Talbot hasn't proven shit at the NHL level minus one good season. If you get the chance to get Fleury you take it.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Anyone paying any kind of trade or salary price on Vegas players this summer, including Vegas themselves, is a damned fool. You can take 20% of pretty much that entire teams performance and slice it right off and that's what next year is going to look like for them.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Anyone paying any kind of trade or salary price on Vegas players this summer, including Vegas themselves, is a damned fool. You can take 20% of pretty much that entire teams performance and slice it right off and that's what next year is going to look like for them.

I'd be very hesitant to pay anything substantial to or for anyone on that team that doesn't have a track record. I mean a player like Karlsson who may be the Vegas version going forward or may revert back to the Columbus version. A lot of them had career years as well and may be hard pressed to replicate that.

Reactions: TB12

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Apparently Kessel might be on the block now.

Would you do JP straight up?

You'd definitely have to move a big salary afterwards though.

Easily.

But I don't imagine the Pens would be into that. Kessel put up 90 points this season.

If Kessel gets dealt they probably are looking for a cheaper 2nd liner to play with Malkin and a good pick or prospect to make up for the difference between Kessel and said 2nd line player. I don't think Lucic is going to cut it as that 2nd line winger either.

I think if the Oilers wanted to add Kessel it would be something like: RNH+10th OA.

(Incoming posters saying they wouldn't deal RNH straight up for Kessel)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aerrol

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
William Karlsson for 5+ is going to hurt.

Miller should be a decent bet at 4+ though.

William Karlssons contract is going to be so bad lol. 43 goals shooting like 453 %. Dude had 60 career goals in his entire playing career prior to this. Normally I dislike bridge contracts, but bridge contracts were made for this exact situation. Hell Id go 9 mil for 1 year if it came down to it. Rather overpay in short term to avoid the long term disaster contract

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Truly believe Vegas will take advantage of the team model success this year and get a metric ton of hometown discounts. They will preach the team success negotiation tactic and have a great case based on this year.

Karlsson, Neal and Perron will be re-signed for surprisingly reasonable averages.

I dont have a crystal ball so I cant predict contracts, but I have a hard time seeing this happening. Chicago was running thru the NHL, had a great culture and core, and a great city to live and nearly all of their noteable players signed for FV with no hometown discounts. Hometown discounts are like the Sasquatch, I always hear about them, never see them

Reactions: TB12

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I dont have a crystal ball so I cant predict contracts, but I have a hard time seeing this happening. Chicago was running thru the NHL, had a great culture and core, and a great city to live and nearly all of their noteable players signed for FV with no hometown discounts. Hometown discounts are like the Sasquatch, I always hear about them, never see them

They're rare, sure, but they happen: Pastrnak, Josi, Tavares, Kucherov off the top of my head all are signed to team-friendly deals.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Easily.

But I don't imagine the Pens would be into that. Kessel put up 90 points this season.

If Kessel gets dealt they probably are looking for a cheaper 2nd liner to play with Malkin and a good pick or prospect to make up for the difference between Kessel and said 2nd line player. I don't think Lucic is going to cut it as that 2nd line winger either.

I think if the Oilers wanted to add Kessel it would be something like: RNH+10th OA.

Well, I wouldn't. It's not an individual value thing. RNH is cheaper, 6 years younger and a far less one dimensional player. Whatever you gain in stats, you don't really fill a hole either since you're just swapping out options.

Reactions: Throttlehead

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
They're rare, sure, but they happen: Pastrnak, Josi, Tavares, Kucherov off the top of my head all are signed to team-friendly deals.

Ill give you Tavares, Kucherov and Josi (id toss in Slavin as well). Pretty rare to see it done for multiple players on a team in one season. Who knows though. I cant imagine itd be easy to pass up on 5-10 mil over a 7 year period (in your max earnings potential years) just to help your team out. Its admirable, but tough to do

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Ill give you Tavares, Kucherov and Josi (id toss in Slavin as well). Pretty rare to see it done for multiple players on a team in one season. Who knows though. I cant imagine itd be easy to pass up on 5-10 mil over a 7 year period (in your max earnings potential years) just to help your team out. Its admirable, but tough to do

I didn't mean to detract from your overall point. I would be shocked to see all of Vegas' re-signings be discounts. But I do think one or two of them might (e.g. Karlsson). And who knows, they've been ridiculously out of the norm so far, maybe the magic carries through to signings too...

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Easily.

Man, everytime I see a proposal like this I get more bummed out about the Hall deal lol. Hall is a better player, on a better contract, and was younger. Just drives home how bad that trade was...but I wont even go there on this thread

Anywhere, heres that poster who wouldnt trade RNH straight up. Ive loved RNHs game for the past 2 seasons and I think hes the type of player to continue to get better till age 30 and just blow everyone away. Hes similar to a player like Backlund (but started at a higher level) where there is just continually overall game improvement each year. Backlund is a beast of a 2c nowadays and someone who should get alot more love

Building a team for the long term, id rather have a high end 2c who can do it all vs an elite one dimensional sniper

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I didn't mean to detract from your overall point. I would be shocked to see all of Vegas' re-signings be discounts. But I do think one or two of them might (e.g. Karlsson). And who knows, they've been ridiculously out of the norm so far, maybe the magic carries through to signings too...

Very true, Vegas is voodoo, they could easily do that. Plus, after seeing how great Vegas is as a hockey town, maybe a young guy like him will be persuaded to stay there for less $

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Easily.

Of course the Oilers do Kessel for JP straight up. That's an insanely bad deal for Pittsburgh.

Chia should do Nuge for Kessel straight up if it's offered. No way the Oilers should do Nuge and 10 OA for Kessel. Nuge is five years younger. Is Kessel really worth the extra .8M a year? Those two factors make a straight up deal reasonable. Maybe add a third or fourth rounder or B grade prospect going to Pittsburgh. But a top ten pick? Too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad