Rumor: Offseason Rumors Thread #1 | Trade Milan, Milan So Far Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Why? Pulju is a question mark and Nino is an established 20 goal, 40-50 point player in his prime.

If JP is a question mark then what is Nino?

Nino had 1 point in 55 NHL games his rookie season. I think JP will atleast turn into what Nino is now, at bare minimum

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
Wonder what Gulutzan's role will be if Yawney is doing PK. I'm assuming part of it is to have a replacement for TMac if he continues to suck, but if Gulutzan is going to be powerplay coach in the meantime... Haven't heard anything good about him in that role.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Wonder what Gulutzan's role will be if Yawney is doing PK. I'm assuming part of it is to have a replacement for TMac if he continues to suck, but if Gulutzan is going to be powerplay coach in the meantime... Haven't heard anything good about him in that role.

Someone else is likely coming to fill in the PP role I would assume/hope.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Hemsky played 7 games last year and had no points.. people talking about giving him a look? What in the world?
Offering a PTO is a lot different than offering a contract, I was pretty damn sure Anson Carter wasn't good enough to play anymore, but he asked for a PTO and we gave him one, no harm in it and occasionally a guy will surprise you. Most players who get PTO's are far more of a long shot than Hemsky finding his game again/ getting healthy. Worst case scenario Ostap Safin will have a country man to talk to in camp, who followed the same career path, and might provide some level of mentorship.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Then you trade Pulju, not Pulju + picks. Personally I'd stick with Pulju. I'd prefer Coyle over Nino if given the choice.
My ask would be Nino with $1M retention straight up for Pulju, short of that I'd pass. I prefer Nino to Coyle, Coyle shows flashes of some great power moves and he's better defensively, but Nino is a possession monster his production might not reflect it, but the puck tends to stay in the opposition end a lot with him. IMO Drai + Nino represents a match up nightmare that will hem the opposition in and will be a very taxing follow-up to McDavid + RNH; where as Drai + Coyle I see as Drai with a good complimentary player, but less likely to form the basis of a dominating duo.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Thats great news! What do you think will be the roles of everyone on the new staff?

I believe GG associate coach, Yawney Defence/PK coach, Viveiros PP coach. Also expect announcement maybe Tuesday or Thursday. May come a bit later with the SC finals startin g

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
My ask would be Nino with $1M retention straight up for Pulju, short of that I'd pass. I prefer Nino to Coyle, Coyle shows flashes of some great power moves and he's better defensively, but Nino is a possession monster his production might not reflect it, but the puck tends to stay in the opposition end a lot with him. IMO Drai + Nino represents a match up nightmare that will hem the opposition in and will be a very taxing follow-up to McDavid + RNH; where as Drai + Coyle I see as Drai with a good complimentary player, but less likely to form the basis of a dominating duo.

I see Nino as a slightly upgraded B.Pouliot. Never been a fan and hated his play at the "World Cup" with Draisaitl. Too much of a North-South player with limited hockey sense.

Might as well sign Grabner.

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Niederreiter is significantly better than Pouliot. I'd certainly take him in a trade, but doubt it would cost Puuljujarvi to get him from Minny.

Probably something like Caggiula and a 2nd rounder if Minny is looking for a pure cap dump. No money retained in the deal (although I'd ask Minny to keep 1M).

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Offering a PTO is a lot different than offering a contract, I was pretty damn sure Anson Carter wasn't good enough to play anymore, but he asked for a PTO and we gave him one, no harm in it and occasionally a guy will surprise you. Most players who get PTO's are far more of a long shot than Hemsky finding his game again/ getting healthy. Worst case scenario Ostap Safin will have a country man to talk to in camp, who followed the same career path, and might provide some level of mentorship.
I rather a younger player get a longer look in training camp or even an actual guy that played in the NHL this year.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
I rather a younger player get a longer look in training camp or even an actual guy that played in the NHL this year.

Teams also give guys PTO's because you have to dress a certain amount of vets for pre season games. This gives teams options of getting better looks at young guys.

Consultant

Sep 12, 2010
I don't know, don't see how we will get the stink off GG.
I could do without him, but i like others...

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It baffles me to no end why people keep talking about Hemsky? He is 34 and has missed over 100 games the last two years--we were running this guy out of town 5 years ago when at 29 he should have been in his prime--now he older and his wheels have fallen off

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
It baffles me to no end why people keep talking about Hemsky? He is 34 and has missed over 100 games the last two years--we were running this guy out of town 5 years ago when at 29 he should have been in his prime--now he older and his wheels have fallen off

Ive heard hemskys name maybe twice all year.

And he is a legacy player so thats not high.

Reactions: Jamin

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Of course people are talking about Hemsky. This fan base can never let go.

The most I would offer him is a 1 day contract so he can retire as an Edmonton Oiler, although I'm unsure he would even be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad