Rumor: Offseason Rumors Thread #1 | Trade Milan, Milan So Far Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Slow and steady. Next year we pick 11th overall and start the slow climb.

Jokes aside if he doesn't make any decent tweaks he is again hoping players bounce back and improve at the same time.

He seems to be hoping that we are the next Winnipeg Jets but we have a much smaller talent pool to hope on

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Slow and steady. Next year we pick 11th overall and start the slow climb.

Jokes aside if he doesn't make any decent tweaks he is again hoping players bounce back and improve at the same time.

He seems to be hoping that we are the next Winnipeg Jets but we have a much smaller talent pool to hope on

Not to mention taking advantage of a good cap situation has already passed

I'm fully convinced Stuaffer is trying to create a smoke screen or calm the fires

Chia's job is on the line NOT to improve, and the cap situation won't allow UFA upgrades without a top 4 dman going out

Sorry Bob, i'm calling bs here

Oil will make a notable trade this summer

Reactions: KYams17

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Gretzky for prime Bryan Trottier & Denis Potvin? or Nieuwendyk and MacInnis? or Steve Yzerman & Lidstrom (if they were similar in age)

We are talking about an offer of a guy who should be one of the top 5 C in the league (and you'd have to believe that is true to accept) PLUS perhaps the best or at worst a top 10D in the league.

It obviously depends on your evaluation of those guys, but it isn't like its Carson + useful scraps...

It was Carson and 3 first rounders.

Dahlin is not guaranteed.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
It was Carson and 3 first rounders.

Dahlin is not guaranteed.

Carson demanding that trade at the start of the 89-90 season is what won the Oilers the fifth cup. Carson, McLelland and a fifth rounder for Graves, Klima and Murphy was an absolute steal.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Klefbom, 10th OA, Puljujarvi for Hamilton.

Proposed on CP. They dislike it. So do I.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
WOW. Chia making a smart call for once? Good. Patient route is the best route. Draft at 10 and the other picks, maybe trade the 2nd for a winger. Sign Green and Persson as stop gaps on the blue line and develop the prospects.

Yes let's not even try for a puck moving D-man. We have plenty of those...

Reactions: I am the Liquor

oilynutz

Dec 30, 2007
Chia realizes he has one of the youngest center and defence cores in the league. Plus his top 3 dmen(Larsson,Sekera,Klefbom) we're either dealing with, or recovering from and injury. Give this group one more chance healthy.

Reactions: Cypress

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Not to mention taking advantage of a good cap situation has already passed

I'm fully convinced Stuaffer is trying to create a smoke screen or calm the fires

Chia's job is on the line NOT to improve, and the cap situation won't allow UFA upgrades without a top 4 dman going out

Sorry Bob, i'm calling bs here

Oil will make a notable trade this summer

It is BS. The Mediterranean Boob is Chia's mouthpiece. In other words, Chiarelli is telling the fans to calm down and not create too much in terms of Expectations. Klefbom won't be here next season. I have it on good word. Also, we've had talks all year long about Ristolainen, although no offer to the NHL has been made.

I'm pretty sure we all knew Oilers have wanted Ristolainen for a long time.

But I'd say, for now, take it with a grain of salt. Although he has been right about things in the past, recently.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
It is BS. The Mediterranean Boob is Chia's mouthpiece. In other words, Chiarelli is telling the fans to calm down and not create too much in terms of Expectations. Klefbom won't be here next season. I have it on good word. Also, we've had talks all year long about Ristolainen, although no offer to the NHL has been made.

I'm pretty sure we all knew Oilers have wanted Ristolainen for a long time.

If Klefbom is traded for a bag of pucks I am done with this organization.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oilers really don't have a ton of options this summer and no serious cap room thanks to mismanagement, they are going to have to be patient because they have no choice most likely. Every GM knows we are desperate and that we overpay out the rear end as a franchise and will be looking to rip us off. The GM knows even the local media will be calling for blood if he loses another big trade.

So Bob Stauffer is already parroting the "company line" which is now going to be all about "patience". The question is not really how the fans feel, but more how much patience does Connor McDavid have.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Oilers really don't have a ton of options this summer and no serious cap room thanks to mismanagement, they are going to have to be patient because they have no choice most likely. Every GM knows we are desperate and that we overpay out the rear end as a franchise and will be looking to rip us off. The GM knows even the local media will be calling for blood if he loses another big trade.

So Bob Stauffer is already parroting the "company line" which is now going to be all about "patience". The question is not really how the fans feel, but more how much patience does Connor McDavid have.

Yet only weeks ago the Bob's admitted to big changes(defense) and then made some firings. Little Bob even admitted staying patient and internal growth was a mistake...now it's the right move?

I doubt Chicken Pizza's rather timely/responsive tweet was anything but "the company line".

Cypress

Mar 4, 2018
I mean if you look at the Oiler's defence, you can reasonably expect most of them to be better than last year. Klefbom (shoulder), Sekera (knee surgery), Larsson (death of father; injury): These issues won't be holding these guys back as much next year. Then you've got Nurse & Benning, as well as Bear, and maybe others with realistic potential to improve and earn a spot in the lineup. It's not a top 5 defense core in the league right now, but it will be better than last year and got us to the playoffs the year before (yes, yes Talbot I know). Most of the defensemen are young, we have a chance to draft a really good defense prospect this year, and we are already paying the defense a ton. Sekera and Russell convert to modified NTC after next year btw, and it would be more comfortable to let the prospects develop and trade from a surplus than move the one guy we can right now who's on a great contract and likely to have a bounce-back year.

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Klefbom+RNH for Karlsson is the standing deal that most here on HFOil have been on board with in the past. I'd say most would still find that an acceptable swap.

Oct 15, 2008
I mean if you look at the Oiler's defence, you can reasonably expect most of them to be better than last year. Klefbom (shoulder), Sekera (knee surgery), Larsson (death of father; injury): These issues won't be holding these guys back as much next year. Then you've got Nurse & Benning, as well as Bear, and maybe others with realistic potential to improve and earn a spot in the lineup. It's not a top 5 defense core in the league right now, but it will be better than last year and got us to the playoffs the year before (yes, yes Talbot I know). Most of the defensemen are young, we have a chance to draft a really good defense prospect this year, and we are already paying the defense a ton. Sekera and Russell convert to modified NTC after next year btw, and it would be more comfortable to let the prospects develop and trade from a surplus than move the one guy we can right now who's on a great contract and likely to have a bounce-back year.

Who shoots the puck on the dreadful pp? Klefbom? There are obvious holes that need filling. Not half measures Tambellini bs. Yet that sure looks like it is shaping up to be. And people keep buying tickets, supporting this toilet of a franchise.....

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Klef + 10OA for Ristolainen is a bit of an overpay IMO. I'd want an adder on top of Risto for that.

HenrikW

Feb 21, 2018
We don't have the pieces to trade. My eyes is bleeding watching all these Puljujärvi, RNH, Klefbom, 1st trade combinations. Stop. It's the same type of dumbass Chiarelli trades that we have already had.

We need what we already have to bounce back. There's too many all-time-low-value players that's in trade discussion atm. Stop it.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I've said before and I'll say it again

If Buffalo trades Ristolainen in a trade for Klefbom

Buffalo depth chart

Left shot
Klefbom
Dahlin
Scandella
McCabe
Antipin
Beaulieu
Guhle

Right shot
Zach '55-games a season' Bogosian
Fedun
Nelson
Literally nobody else

Seriously. It's a ridiculous idea.

Reactions: HailMcJesus

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I've proposed this two deals before and they seem to be fair. Would you do either of them?

Jesse Puljujarvi, 10th Overall pick for Jared Spurgeon, 24th Overall Pick

Ethan Bear, 10th Overall pick, 2019 3rd
for Jared Spurgeon

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I've said before and I'll say it again

If Buffalo trades Ristolainen in a trade for Klefbom

Buffalo depth chart

Left shot
Klefbom
Dahlin
Scandella
McCabe
Antipin
Beaulieu
Guhle

Right shot
Zach '55-games a season' Bogosian
Fedun
Nelson
Literally nobody else

Seriously. It's a ridiculous idea.
Dahlin is a left shot defenseman who is more comfortable playing on his off-hand. The point is taken though, Buffalo has a lot of middling left handed defensemen. Antipin is gone to Russia, but you can also add Pilut to the mix. I think they'd value a Klefbom add as a partner for Dahlin and Rasmus may move if they're in the mix for Carlson this summer, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->