OFFICIAL Wisconsin Badgers Hockey Thread Part II

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
The program is at rock bottom.

Oh man, I feel like Arizona State's team could easily waltz into the KC any given weekend and leave with 3-4 points.

The fans, the players, the media have all lost faith. The NHL has certainly lost faith in the program as evidenced by the way teams are prying their prospects away from Madison. I'm pretty sure Eaves doesn't even believe the Rosy platitudes he spews at his pressers. I never thought I would endure what Holy Cross fans go through.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Dear Mods, unless the other Badger fans come to the rescue, I'd say punt this thread off the 'Sticky' section. I've been the primary poster/agitator of this thread since it's inception (back when the venerable Oilers Chick had to break up our squabbles) but I've lost my enthusiasm since the dissolution of the traditional WCHA. I still love The Badgers and are hopeful for them even though they have assumed the status Alaska Anchorage. We can relate to you now, AA, but in a way that a program with more national titles than you have wins in average year can relate to you:thumbu:

I have enjoyed posting on the NCAA boards more than any other fan site. College hockey fans are by far the most civil of ANY sport. Go to any thread above this one and watch 'fans' of the same team turn on each other like wild dogs. I have to give special shouts out to, first and foremost, Dakota Sioux, the most prolific poster on these boards, Rabid Husky, Goon (the hardest working man in NCAA blogging), MN Gopher and Hasbro. All fine posters despite their questionable allegences.

One thing; if Bucky (hopefully) ends up in the regrettably named NCHC re-sticky this thread that day!

Last edited:

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Lol so terrible we are now UAA

My first badger game was actually a UAA game and even though my family were UAF grads I always cheered for both teams. I thought grad school on Wisconsin finally upgraded me to real team status.

:(

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Well, the Goofs are done barring a b1g tourney win. There's a small modicum of satisfaction putting the final nail in their coffin.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Obviously the Badgers have struggled of late but to see the Marriuci arena half full is embarrassing to college hockey. 2 of the biggest rivals in all of college hockey and with Minny having a chance to win the Big Ten title with a win you would think they would sellout. Oh how times have changed since the Big Ten got involved in the game. Sad indeed.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Obviously the Badgers have struggled of late but to see the Marriuci arena half full is embarrassing to college hockey. 2 of the biggest rivals in all of college hockey and with Minny having a chance to win the Big Ten title with a win you would think they would sellout. Oh how times have changed since the Big Ten got involved in the game. Sad indeed.

I was cautiously optimistic about big ten hockey but early returns aren't great.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish

I kind of like that too. ;)

Ah yes, we'll always have Minnesota:thumbu:

It is a sad state of affairs for the former WCHA powerhouses. I can deal with the program being down and out; I can not deal with it while playing against teams I can not muster any enthusiasm watching. I think Michigan and MSU are great, despite the latter having a bad stretch, but it's not the same. I'm hoping for this B1g hockey experiment to fold.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Ah yes, we'll always have Minnesota:thumbu:

It is a sad state of affairs for the former WCHA powerhouses. I can deal with the program being down and out; I can not deal with it while playing against teams I can not muster any enthusiasm watching. I think Michigan and MSU are great, despite the latter having a bad stretch, but it's not the same. I'm hoping for this B1g hockey experiment to fold.
I doubt it folds but one can hope

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
TV coverage has been complete crap since the Big Ten started too.

No doubt. No one was demanding more coverage than what FSN was offering. If you ask any Badger or Gopher fan about broadcasting, they don't give a s#&% if they are watching the their team on a national broadcast vs a local one as long as they get to see it.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
I doubt it folds but one can hope

Me too, but that's the dream. I doubt MSU, Minny and Bucky stay down and out too long with their resources at hand. State Penn is pretty impressive as an upstart and Michigan will be Michigan; so there is hope the conference will turn out as intended.

OSU is a lost cause unless one of their star football players admits to being a hockey supporter during a interview from county lock up.

Aside from incorporating the entire NCHC into the conference, the best the b1g could do to add some intrigue would be prying Notre Lame and Miami into the fold.

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Me too, but that's the dream. I doubt MSU, Minny and Bucky stay down and out too long with their resources at hand. State Penn is pretty impressive as an upstart and Michigan will be Michigan; so there is hope the conference will turn out as intended.

OSU is a lost cause unless one of their star football players admits to being a hockey supporter during a interview from county lock up.

Aside from incorporating the entire NCHC into the conference, the best the b1g could do to add some intrigue would be prying Notre Lame and Miami into the fold.

The best we can really hope for is northwestern or Illinois add hockey programs.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Dunno how close you guys follow recruiting but we did get Max Gildon. Defenseman projected to go top 5 in the 2017 NHL draft.

RabidBadger

Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Wow didn't see this coming.
Makes me think BA has someone in mind to do it so soon.

It needed to happen last year, but I still appreciate the 06 title, the run to the finals, and the first gold medal ever at the WJC.

The past two years have been brutal, but Eaves will always be Badger Hockey royalty.

Last edited:

Xokkeu

Apr 5, 2012
Frozen
Makes me think BA has someone in mind to do it so soon.

It needed to happen last year, but I still appreciate the 06 title, the run to the finals, and the first gold medal ever at the WJC.

The past two years have been brutal, but Eaves will always be Badger Hockey royalty.

Yeah gotta respect what he did for us but sometimes things get stale you know. Gotta move on.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Yeah gotta respect what he did for us but sometimes things get stale you know. Gotta move on.

My conspiracy theory is UW will name Don Granato the head coach.

I dont see any other reason that Max Gildon would commit to a program that was in free fall.

Gildon is a stud defenseman who is projected in the top 10 for the 2017 NHL draft.

With the fact that the UW posted the job opening so quickly, there is no doubt Barry has someone in mind. It took him forever to post the Basketball job

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->