OT: Official Video Game Thread (Part 4)

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Also from what I've seen the ratings consistently suck anyway, so the roster updates aren't even good. I just don't understand how smaller game studios can put out NHL sim games with super accurate ratings, and a company like EA can't spare the change to do the same. Like I'm pretty sure it's always been one dude in Vancouver who does all the ratings.

It is a fun game with friends, but I think I've outgrown the rest of the game to the point where its not worth spending a significant amount of money to own it.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Eastside Hockey Manager is the one hockey game I'd recommend, if all you play is franchise mode in the EA games.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
There's a lot to like in the second half of 2017 at least after a fairly pedestrian first half.

Uh... I guess it's a matter of perspective, but the first half of this year was nuts.

Summer's been quiet, but summer is always quiet.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Uh... I guess it's a matter of perspective, but the first half of this year was nuts.

Summer's been quiet, but summer is always quiet.

I mean it wasn't bad, I just think the latter half of the year has more to offer.

Destiny 2, South Park, CoD, FIFA, Cuphead, AC: Origins....

And so forth.

Jejune

Mar 7, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I mean it wasn't bad, I just think the latter half of the year has more to offer.

Destiny 2, South Park, CoD, FIFA, Cuphead, AC: Origins....

And so forth.

Cuphead looks like enough to make me want an Xbox. Good local multiplayer games are getting harder and harder to find nowadays, and that one looks like it's going to be a gem.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Cuphead looks like enough to make me want an Xbox. Good local multiplayer games are getting harder and harder to find nowadays, and that one looks like it's going to be a gem.

Agreed. I'm very excited for Cuphead and I hope it lives up to the billing. Couch co-op is criminally underused by today's gaming society.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I've been bouncing between League of Legends, Path of Exile and PUBG so far this summer.

Looking forward to fall/winter since it looks like there's going to be some solid games coming out.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The first half of this year was the best I've ever seen. You could make a top 10 list from January to June that would be better than most other years.

Wolfenstein 2 and Mario Odyssey are the two biggest ones this year. Destiny 2 beta was super disappointing. Would be nice if Evil Within 2 was better than the first, I tried pretty hard to like that game.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
^ ^ yup ^ ^
what syz says.

Zelda Breath of the Wild is the best game ive ever played in my life.

Horizon Zero Dawn is in the top 10.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
1st half was stacked. Which is a good thing, cause that mean hopefully there is gonna good sales come black friday or boxing day.

So far this summer, my most played game is Overwatch

Last edited:

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

I'll be getting that on PC. The problem with XBOX is it seems to me a guy is better off building a PC since there's barely any XBOX exclusive content that isn't on PC and obviously getting all the content that's exclusive to PC. Sunset Overdrive and the Halo games are about all the notable games a guy can't play on PC off the top of my head.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
Any Overwatch players here? The new Mercy on PTR is insane, they have already nerfed her once, and fixed a funny bug that had her able to fly while stunned. They took away her rez ultimate and turned that into an alternate ability (you can rez one person every 20 seconds) and her new ultimate is called Valkyrie, which at the moment is super op. She flies around like crazy, can heal multiple targets and her damage output is crazy.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Any Overwatch players here? The new Mercy on PTR is insane, they have already nerfed her once, and fixed a funny bug that had her able to fly while stunned. They took away her rez ultimate and turned that into an alternate ability (you can rez one person every 20 seconds) and her new ultimate is called Valkyrie, which at the moment is super op. She flies around like crazy, can heal multiple targets and her damage output is crazy.

I just bought the game 2 weeks ago. I've played a lot more Lucioball than the actual game so far. :laugh:

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I can't get into Overwatch. Not a huge PvP shoot-em-up type of player. I prefer Survival/RPG/Sandbox type of games. I do however play Destiny on PS4 but only for the PvE stuff.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Anyone able to nab a snes classic? I know some who preordered but it got canceled. I think for the price it's pretty good with 21 pre loaded games, many of the top variety. Obviously physical copies would be best but this is the next best thing.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
OWs community turns me off so much. More toxic than the Springfield nuclear power plant.

I tried to preorder an SNES classic but missed out...

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Not playing the split-second-pre-order game for a SNES Classic when it's not even as good as a Raspberry Pi, which I can get at will and probably for less money.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
McDavid is a 93 overall, which makes tied with Crosby for the best player on the game.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Not playing the split-second-pre-order game for a SNES Classic when it's not even as good as a Raspberry Pi, which I can get at will and probably for less money.

I don't know if I'm smart enough to figure that out, but it def is better :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->