Official U18 WJC Thread

Sebastien Centomo

Feb 29, 2004
www.tmlfans.ca
What was the deal with the USA bench rushing the ice after the empty netter?

This isn't the Mighty Ducks, they don't run the clock all the way down after you score with a few seconds remaining.

:dunce:

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
Kudos to U.S.

Didn't watch the game today, but kudos to U.S. for winning the gold. The NTDP has been a great method of harnessing all the talent you guys have down there.

Here's a list of award winners from the tourney, by the way.

Directorate Awards
Goaltender: Riku Helenius, Finland.
Defenceman: Jamie McBain, U.S.
Forward: Bill Sweatt, U.S.

Media All-Star Team
Goaltender: Jonathan Bernier, Laval, Que.
Defencemen: Jamie McBain and Erik Johnson, both U.S.
Forwards: Justin Azevedo, London, Ont.; Pat Kane, U.S.; Jiri Tlusty, Czech Republic.

orangeandblack

Nov 27, 2004
philadelphia
Scribe said:
Didn't watch the game today, but kudos to U.S. for winning the gold. The NTDP has been a great method of harnessing all the talent you guys have down there.

Here's a list of award winners from the tourney, by the way.

Directorate Awards
Goaltender: Riku Helenius, Finland.
Defenceman: Jamie McBain, U.S.
Forward: Bill Sweatt, U.S.

Media All-Star Team
Goaltender: Jonathan Bernier, Laval, Que.
Defencemen: Jamie McBain and Erik Johnson, both U.S.
Forwards: Justin Azevedo, London, Ont.; Pat Kane, U.S.; Jiri Tlusty, Czech Republic.

that wasnt even close to the best 88 born team the usa could put together (individual talent-wise), similar to canada. i think there were 4 kids who arent regulars on the team form the u-17s. they played real well together though.

im surprised kane didnt win best forward, i think he scores 100 points in london next year. mcbain is looking like a bonafide 2nd rounder with this performance, and it looks like bernier solidified being the 1st goalie selected this year.

Checker*

Patrick - Flames Fan said:
Wow Johnson is such a tool. He showed poor poor poor attitude. First his complete dirty, hit from behind. Than he loses it once kicked out. Dude, grow up. You deserved it.

Wow.

The Chris Pronger comparisons are sounding more and more accurate.

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
orangeandblack said:
that wasnt even close to the best 88 born team the usa could put together (individual talent-wise), similar to canada.

True, but don't forget that the core of this team has played together for the whole season. This is a luxury no other country has.

Last edited:

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
orangeandblack said:
that wasnt even close to the best 88 born team the usa could put together (individual talent-wise), similar to canada. i think there were 4 kids who arent regulars on the team form the u-17s. they played real well together though.

im surprised kane didnt win best forward, i think he scores 100 points in london next year. mcbain is looking like a bonafide 2nd rounder with this performance, and it looks like bernier solidified being the 1st goalie selected this year.

I think Canada had a 'few' more top notch players unavailable or not at this tournament as compared to the USA. As compared to the European teams, I would agree Canada and the USA suffer the most from missing players, but none more than Canada. They are in the thick of things every year at this tourney without their best players and that is a good think for both Canadian hockey and the other countries.

Pipeandin

Dec 7, 2004
That hit from behind Johnson made looked really really bad. I was glad the kid got up okay. I can understand why EJ would lose his cool their, could of let the Finns back in the game. I don't think necessarily it shows poor attitude, he just should of used a better way of handling the situation. I agree with the statement on McBain, I would imagine he really boosted his draft status.

stjernen

Apr 26, 2006
Riku Helenius

I saw the final and the bronzefinal in the U-18 WC, and Riku Helnius was "all-over-the-place". Jonathan Bernier was not oustanding and he had 3 goals against him. Palmer was very good but did'nt have that much to do. The Czecs goalie was good, better than Bernier I think. Maybe he just had a bad day or something like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad