OT: Official TV & Movie Spoiler/Speculation/Rumor Thread-See Mod Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Sooooooo....Justice League....better than expected, but has its flaws as one would expect.

Probably the most annoying was how badly (and puzzlingly WHY) was Henry Cavill’s face a CGI mess? Even in scenes where CGI seemingly wasn’t even needed. I don’t get that at all.

Gal was as dreamy as always. Momoa was pretty funny, the Flash grew on me...had a few hilarious parts.

Overall I was entertained.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The reviews for Justice League were disappointing but I’ll still watch it this weekend since I’ll have some free time. Wonder Woman was fantastic so I’ll see it for her alone.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I found out the Henry Cavill CGI issues....apparently when Joss Wheden came back to do the reshoots Henry Cavill had a full mustache for another role so they had to alter his face. If I’m Zack Snyder I go to my grave bitter over that. It’s amazingly distracting in many scenes.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The reviews for Justice League were disappointing but I’ll still watch it this weekend since I’ll have some free time. Wonder Woman was fantastic so I’ll see it for her alone.

She’s dreamy......sigh. Pretty sure they shot some scenes just to showcase her ass. Pretty gratuitous in at least one scene.

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
The Punisher was fantastic.

It got poo pood by some reviewers...but I dont think they were up for it after Vegas and Texas...which is understandable I suppose from a timing standpoint.

Looking past that...it was really well done.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The Punisher was fantastic.

It got poo pood by some reviewers...but I dont think they were up for it after Vegas and Texas...which is understandable I suppose from a timing standpoint.

Looking past that...it was really well done.

Ive watched the first 2 Punisher episodes. Started well....super violent for Marvel....I like it.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Punisher #3 down. Daaaaaaaamn....I’m leaning towards calling this the most gritty, violent and best acted Marvel series yet. I hope it’s still on the upswing for the season.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Got about halfway through it but waiting to finish up since I picked up an LG Oled tv that should come next week to see if 4k goodness.

Oooh. Jealous. I was all ready to buy a 4K last year when we unexpectedly got a free used LED TV. So I haven't been able to justify the expense since then. If we still had our old LCD, I could probably make the case, but now I might have to wait another year or two.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Oooh. Jealous. I was all ready to buy a 4K last year when we unexpectedly got a free used LED TV. So I haven't been able to justify the expense since then. If we still had our old LCD, I could probably make the case, but now I might have to wait another year or two.

Can never argue with 'free', heh. Been picking up 4k blurays for a while now but when I picked up that 4k oppo bluray player was basically down hill to finally buying one. Plus the 450 price drop last week. Moving the 8 year old kuro elite into the bedroom. Which feels a little funny have a 60" tv in one's bedroom, heh. Still love the picture.

Reactions: calicapsfan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Is Blu-Ray still a thing?

Uhhhhh yeah. If you’re a big home theater person, streaming doesn’t hold a candle typically. Me, I’ve come to loath physical media so it’s become less of a thing for me.

Usiel I think is still holding onto that use case. Initially, Blue Ray was the primary reason I bought my PS3/4. Now, limited gaming and mostly streaming with the occasional disk watch for things I can’t stream.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
What exactly are you expecting? These are defined characters with established origins and back stories.
The problem is every 2nd movie and TV show is based on a comic book superhero. They are just redoing the same thing over and over. I've been watching quite a few international films lately to get away from the commercial films done here. There are alot of good movies from a round the world. Recently the wife and i started watching a Danish TV series called The Bridge. Its not bad.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Avenger Infinity War trailer up. Looks pretty boss. Should be a fun movie with just about every Marvel character ever created jammed into it.
<< But this is the first order of business. In 2 weeks.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The problem is every 2nd movie and TV show is based on a comic book superhero. They are just redoing the same thing over and over. I've been watching quite a few international films lately to get away from the commercial films done here. There are alot of good movies from a round the world. Recently the wife and i started watching a Danish TV series called The Bridge. Its not bad.

I get your point, but the genre is extremely successful and popular and I don’t agree it’s the same thing over and over. For the most part they’re quality movies/shows across the board with some exceptions (F4, Inhumans, Luke Cage was average to me, I’m sure I’m forgetting something). With so much good subject matter, this will continue another 10 years I think. It’s when the current stars are aged and unable to continue where things will get interesting. I was reading Marvel has like 20 scripts lined up for that next wave and I’d wager we’ll see some break from the traditional superhero at some point. Punisher is a great beginning to that IMO. Check out the New Mutants trailer....looks like a horror movie not a superhero story.

If you didn’t grow up loving comics and sci-fi, I can understand why it’s overkill to you, but they’re trying to craft a pretty elaborate universe. Try other things. As you mention some GREAAAAAT foreign stuff out there in both TV and movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->