OT: Official TV & Movie Spoiler/Speculation/Rumor Thread-See Mod Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Kevin Spacey, wow dude your career is over. Old Hollywood under siege....and rightfully so.

I naturally think we all get pessimistic with age but the stuff that has come out and the people getting sacked does seem like a corner has been turned. Definitely seems like a generational thing here as my teenage years/early 20s grosse behavior by my own sex was par for the course.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
As disgusting as it all is, it’s about damned time that truth came out and was confronted broadly. So many of these guys are turning out to be straight predators. (Cosby Still the biggest heartbreaker.)

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I want it to get uglier and I want more of this to come out. It needs to be established that this is no longer modus operandi for powerful men and that this should not be normal for women (or men) trying to start careers and make a living. As the father of a 3 year-old daughter, I hope things are different for her and her generation.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I want it to get uglier and I want more of this to come out. It needs to be established that this is no longer modus operandi for powerful men and that this should not be normal for women (or men) trying to start careers and make a living. As the father of a 3 year-old daughter, I hope things are different for her and her generation.

I want that for your daughter and all girls in this country so very much. One of the hardest things for me over the past weeks and months has been hearing women I know say, "I've been harassed and intimidated all my life, but just in the "normal" way. I don't think my experiences rise to a level worthy of attention because other women's stories are so terrible." Seems to me that "not being raped" is an unacceptably low bar for personal safety. Another risk here is that we focus too much on conduct in the workplace and fail to recognize that this happens everywhere, all the time.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I want that for your daughter and all girls in this country so very much. One of the hardest things for me over the past weeks and months has been hearing women I know say, "I've been harassed and intimidated all my life, but just in the "normal" way. I don't think my experiences rise to a level worthy of attention because other women's stories are so terrible." Seems to me that "not being raped" is an unacceptably low bar for personal safety. Another risk here is that we focus too much on conduct in the workplace and fail to recognize that this happens everywhere, all the time.

Powerful and true.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Looks like you got your wish, this time Louis CK.

(Also another guy running for the US Senate in Alabama, which is even worse)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I just hope this isn’t bringing out the whack a doodles or jilted people to falsely accuse anyone. If they did it, then by all means....the Sheen/Haim one....so bizarre, and Feldman is hard to take seriously for me at times. “Give me $10 mil to ‘make my movie’ and I’ll out all the big Hollywood pedophiles”. How about you just burn them to the ground because it’s the right thing to do?

And what’s up with the self gratification in front of other people unsolicited? Is that some some of WAAAAY over the top joke in CK’s head? The goto “I have the power” move for these people in these ultra fame settings? Hearing Weinstein accused of that leads me to think it’s a mental illness or something. I don’t get it.

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I just hope this isn’t bringing out the whack a doodles or jilted people to falsely accuse anyone. If they did it, then by all means....the Sheen/Haim one....so bizarre, and Feldman is hard to take seriously for me at times. “Give me $10 mil to ‘make my movie’ and I’ll out all the big Hollywood pedophiles”. How about you just burn them to the ground because it’s the right thing to do?

And what’s up with the self gratification in front of other people unsolicited? Is that some some of WAAAAY over the top joke in CK’s head? The goto “I have the power” move for these people in these ultra fame settings? Hearing Weinstein accused of that leads me to think it’s a mental illness or something. I don’t get it.
Really? That's what you worry about when you hear this stuff? Well don't. Rest assured, it's just this common.

As for the jerkoff issue, it's not just the ultrafamous. It even happens on the street, random men walk up to women and do this. It's happened to me, once by a stranger and once by a guy I knew casually at a party. It's not mental illness. Your first impulse was right. It's about power.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Really? That's what you worry about when you hear this stuff? Well don't. Rest assured, it's just this common.

As for the ******* issue, it's not just the ultrafamous. It even happens on the street, random men walk up to women and do this. It's happened to me, once by a stranger and once by a guy I knew casually at a party. It's not mental illness. Your first impulse was right. It's about power.

I think it’s perfectly reasonable to expect to false claims occasionally. I’d hate to see any woman or man suffer that. That was my only point. For example Corey Haim’s mom has already made comments that it was another actor who who abused her son.

It’s also not just a woman thing, although certainly more prevalent. I’ve been physically cornered or touched by women I had no interest in. Woe is me right? ;)

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I think it’s perfectly reasonable to expect to false claims occasionally. I’d hate to see any woman or man suffer that. That was my only point. For example Corey Haim’s mom has already made comments that it was another actor who who abused her son.

It’s also not just a woman thing, although certainly more prevalent. I’ve been physically cornered or touched by women I had no interest in. Woe is me right? ;)

What you describe experiencing is sexual assault plain and simple, and I'm very sorry to hear that.

(I could easily have more to say about this topic, but I'm in danger of flying too close to the political sun, so I'll just leave it here.)

I thought that was the Louis CK movie subject...
Oh maybe. I'm grossed out and don't really want to know. Maybe it's both of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->