Official Trade Deadline 2019 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I’m generally in agreement and maybe failed to make my original point clearly. My concern is the 3rd line is held to 10-12 minutes because of the 4th line allocation. I agree with you that Torts often rides two lines too heavily. Playing Bread and Co 20 or more minutes per night isn’t sustainable.

I’m more of a 10-12 minute advocate for this 4th line as they have successfully tilted ice though can’t score and a combined 8 goal line has less appeal than a 55+ goal line.

Ok. I'll maintain that 10-12 is too low for Dubois and he should be bumped up, but I don't have a problem with the 4th line getting 14. It's the other two lines that need to come down. If it's the last ten games and our playoff future is in doubt, I'd happily reverse that. But I think the priority right now is getting guys ready for a long playoffs. Or at least it should be the priority - Torts really has a hard time with not exhausting his top players.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
I said this someplace else. It's worth repeating for posterity.

Jarmo knows in June 2020 Seattle enters the league. He knows he does not face a dilemma like with VGK. Seattle will be rich with draft picks and short on players. Jarmo might be thinking he can recoup draft picks he might want in June of 2020 if necessary.

With the prospects still in the organization, I bet by the end of the season in April 2021, there are 7 additional players on the roster which are in the system now. For those FH contributors declaring Columbus to be a mess, I just bet Jarmo has thought ahead and has a sketch of a plan to resolve the lack of draft picks.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I said this someplace else. It's worth repeating for posterity.

Jarmo knows in June 2020 Seattle enters the league. He knows he does not face a dilemma like with VGK. Seattle will be rich with draft picks and short on players. Jarmo might be thinking he can recoup draft picks he might want in June of 2020 if necessary.

With the prospects still in the organization, I bet by the end of the season in April 2021, there are 7 additional players on the roster which are in the system now. For those FH contributors declaring Columbus to be a mess, I just bet Jarmo has thought ahead and has a sketch of a plan to resolve the lack of draft picks.

Much as I would like to believe Jarmo is a step ahead of all the other GMs I really doubt it.
He knows this is our best chance to win. A vezina level goalie (at times) and a top level offensive forward surrounded by a decent core. If he traded his goalie and forward the window would likely be shut, unless they could attract some top tier free agents.
He's got be thinking that if we can make a run it would be attractive for Duchene and company to stick around (maybe even Panarin). But the alternative just wasn't attractive to have any chance to win in next few years.

Reactions: Sore Loser

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Much as I would like to believe Jarmo is a step ahead of all the other GMs I really doubt it.
He knows this is our best chance to win. A vezina level goalie (at times) and a top level offensive forward surrounded by a decent core. If he traded his goalie and forward the window would likely be shut, unless they could attract some top tier free agents.
He's got be thinking that if we can make a run it would be attractive for Duchene and company to stick around (maybe even Panarin). But the alternative just wasn't attractive to have any chance to win in next few years.

Well, with the moves he made, he gave us options. If Bob falters he can try Kinkaid. If Kinkaid falters maybe we can outscore them with our new offensive depth.

Should be fun either way.

Reactions: CPTN71

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Well, with the moves he made, he gave us options. If Bob falters he can try Kinkaid. If Kinkaid falters maybe we can outscore them with our new offensive depth.

Should be fun either way.
Yep, feels like the goal was to add enough firepower to overcome a couple mental lapses from Bob. And obviously I think we did well. Improved the quality of our depth at the same time.

In the end though, we'll probably still need to have Bob finally get over whatever hurdle that comes upon him every year in April. Here's to hoping this is the year he can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad