OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI : It appears that WZLX 100.7 will flip to all sports

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The Bruins will never get coverage until the playoffs and it will only be each show talking about how they choke in the post season and how certain teams a re so much better than the B's.

The Patriots rule the roost over there.
I always say this but ratings tell the story. If people didn't want mostly Pats talk it wouldn't be that way. Felger does a good job making sure he works in Bruins stuff. But you can't build or carry a 4 hr daily show on the Bruins. There's a lot more to talk with the Pats, NFL playoffs, Belichick.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I always say this but ratings tell the story. If people didn't want mostly Pats talk it wouldn't be that way. Felger does a good job making sure he works in Bruins stuff. But you can't build or carry a 4 hr daily show on the Bruins. There's a lot more to talk with the Pats, NFL playoffs, Belichick.
Unfortunately this is true. They still vastly overdo it.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
So Michael Holley back in the 3rd chair today. I know they are rotating guys in and out but if he is truly going for this job I have a hard time believing they pick anyone else. I think he'd be a great fit. Different cat than Hardy but still works well with these guys.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
So Michael Holley back in the 3rd chair today. I know they are rotating guys in and out but if he is truly going for this job I have a hard time believing they pick anyone else. I think he'd be a great fit. Different cat than Hardy but still works well with these guys.
I can't imagine he would settle for the third chair. Last time he was in there he pretty much took over the show.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I can't imagine he would settle for the third chair. Last time he was in there he pretty much took over the show.
But if he wasn't willing to "settle" for it why would he be going for the job? At first I thought he was just doing it as a one time fill in. But it at least has the appearance he wants back in the radio game. You might be right though. I don't know what else he has going on at the moment beyond his show with Felger.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Saw that Jaffe was on this morning and instead of talking hockey Fred just kept going on and on about f***ing music. Fred literally refuses to allow any Bruins talk. Anytime Hardy or John try he immediately derails it.. It's like the Bruins snubbed him for something and this is him being petty.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Saw that Jaffe was on this morning and instead of talking hockey Fred just kept going on and on about f***ing music. Fred literally refuses to allow any Bruins talk. Anytime Hardy or John try he immediately derails it.. It's like the Bruins snubbed him for something and this is him being petty.
Or he doesn't follow the sport and is ill-informed so he deflects.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
He likes to talk about the fact he had season tickets and somehow thinks he discovered hockey.

Reactions: Alicat

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

What happened to Michael Holley?

He "Coulda bin a contendah."

He was a good Globie, then off to Chicago. And then...?

I can't say I'm a fan but he's better than scraping the sports radio barrel.

Not everyone is Felger $$$.

In the event, I haven't listened to sports radio in fifteen years and glad of it.

Reactions: Jonathan Stan

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
What happened to Michael Holley?

He "Coulda bin a contendah."

He was a good Globie, then off to Chicago. And then...?

I can't say I'm a fan but he's better than scraping the sports radio barrel.

Not everyone is Felger $$$.

In the event, I haven't listened to sports radio in fifteen years and glad of it.
He had kids. Wrote some books and living the life. Good for him.

Reactions: HustleB

FRyan4426

Feb 15, 2023
Kingston, MA
What are people’s thoughts on the Fred/Hardy experiment? Seems like a little chemistry is being built. Fred still talks about himself way too much and that’s putting it lightly. I was down on it big time as little as a week ago but you can see a glimmer of hope. Also still very telling how Rich is still unemployed. Someone of his talent not getting a gig means some serious black list stuff might have gone down behind the scenes.

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What are people’s thoughts on the Fred/Hardy experiment? Seems like a little chemistry is being built. Fred still talks about himself way too much and that’s putting it lightly. I was down on it big time as little as a week ago but you can see a glimmer of hope. Also still very telling how Rich is still unemployed. Someone of his talent not getting a gig means some serious black list stuff might have gone down behind the scenes.
With Rich I'd not be surprised if his silence had something to do with a non-compete clause. He may well be contractually unable to host a show in the market for 3 to 6 months or something. Though he did seem to make a lot of enemies at Beasley, if he were available I think WEEI would've had him on air day one.

Toucher and Hardy is meh. Really it's the Toucher Show and Hardy is just a sidekick like Wallach. He hasn't put his stamp on the broadcast at all.

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
With Rich I'd not be surprised if his silence had something to do with a non-compete clause. He may well be contractually unable to host a show in the market for 3 to 6 months or something. Though he did seem to make a lot of enemies at Beasley, if he were available I think WEEI would've had him on air day one.

Toucher and Hardy is meh. Really it's the Toucher Show and Hardy is just a sidekick like Wallach. He hasn't put his stamp on the broadcast at all.
I think the contract was until the end of the year. Hardy really hasn't done much production work yet. They miss all of Rich's bits.

Reactions: MillerTime29Bombs

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

They stink.

GatorMike

Jul 18, 2022
Woburn, MA
I'd be shocked if any agent allowed their client to sign a contract that prohibited them from working for a competitor for three-to-six months after the contract expires and the employer stops paying them.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I'd be shocked if any agent allowed their client to sign a contract that prohibited them from working for a competitor for three-to-six months after the contract expires and the employer stops paying them.

Any non-compete clause is null and void as soon as the employer stops paying you. Unless you are under contract and still being paid, no employer has the right to limit who you can work for. Employers will ask you to sign them and hope you are scared enough to follow them, but they aren't enforceable at all.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Any non-compete clause is null and void as soon as the employer stops paying you. Unless you are under contract and still being paid, no employer has the right to limit who you can work for. Employers will ask you to sign them and hope you are scared enough to follow them, but they aren't enforceable at all.
I expect there to be new laws on the books voiding NDA's and puting major limitations on non-compete clauses by the end of the year. there were already rumblings in 2023 that these changes were coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad