OT: Official Sports Media Thread IV (TV, Radio, Print) - Jack Edwards' contract extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amorphis

Oct 15, 2005
Boston
F&M are carving up the Bruins from Rask to too many kids. Felger wants to see White instead of Kuraly or Heinen.

Felger says the Bruins popularity is sinking to Revs level and doesn't see it changing soon. The Bruins are way down in the ratings.
The Bruins are the only team that I have any sort of emotional attachment to at this point, but if the last two games are any indication of what's to come this season, I won't be watching much of them. I watched a little over a period of last night's game and it was as boring and uninspiring as you can get. It's just an absolute garbage product. I don't watch much of the league outside of the Bruins anymore, so I don't know if this is just a Bruins problem or a league problem. But more often than not, Bruins games are a chore to get through. Never used to be like that.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
The Bruins are the only team that I have any sort of emotional attachment to at this point, but if the last two games are any indication of what's to come this season, I won't be watching much of them. I watched a little over a period of last night's game and it was as boring and uninspiring as you can get. It's just an absolute garbage product. I don't watch much of the league outside of the Bruins anymore, so I don't know if this is just a Bruins problem or a league problem. But more often than not, Bruins games are a chore to get through. Never used to be like that.
Agree on the boring and uninspiring comment.

I just noticed that you have just 113 posts in 12 years so thanks for the reply to my post. I have more posts than you in just two weeks. Happy joining anniversary this Sunday!

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Agree on the boring and uninspiring comment.

I just noticed that you have just 113 posts in 12 years so thanks for the reply to my post. I have more posts than you in just two weeks. Happy joining anniversary this Sunday!
That just means you need to come outside and leave the basement more often.:laugh:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
What joke Haggerty is. FOH is a farce. He just goes around surfing the net and picking up stories. He never travels with the team. "Good at what I do." I hope his boss didn't tell him that.

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
His big point on the """"goalie controversy""""" is that Khudobin has TWICE AS MANY WINS AS RASK

1. Goalie wins is a useless stat
2. Twice as many wins is a grand total of 1 more win

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
What joke Haggerty is. FOH is a farce. He just goes around surfing the net and picking up stories. He never travels with the team. "Good at what I do." I hope his boss didn't tell him that.

@chizzler

His bosses at CSN now NBC Sports Boston let Sean McAdam go and kept him

However to say he never travels with the team is simply untrue

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Can Fenway or anybody else remind me as to why the Hockey Show on 98.5 on Saturday mornings is not available on audio or a podcast after the fact? Like most people, I can't put everything aside to listen on Saturday morning. It makes no sense to me that it's not available online.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Fenway, the whole issue with Haggs and Amalie Benjamin started when he tweeted something and finished the tweet with 'here in Calgary tonight'. The problem was he was home watching the game on TV because CSN didn't allow him to travel for the game. Amalie Benjamin called him out on it with a classic 'Where you sitting Haggs?' and the pissing contest started. So he has earned this criticism.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Fenway, the whole issue with Haggs and Amalie Benjamin started when he tweeted something and finished the tweet with 'here in Calgary tonight'. The problem was he was home watching the game on TV because CSN didn't allow him to travel for the game. Amalie Benjamin called him out on it with a classic 'Where you sitting Haggs?' and the pissing contest started. So he has earned this criticism.

@mikelvl - 2 years ago I bit off more than I could chew when I took freelance gigs on a Bruins road trip and it started by working a Pats game in Denver on a Sunday and then I had 3 days to make it to Edmonton. I figured this was my one best chance to see Devil's Tower and Mount Rushmore so on Monday I hit the road ion a rental with QUEBEC plates that got me some strange looks in Western Canada. Driving from North Dakota to Edmonton on Tuesday meant seeing Saskatchewan which was boring and flat.

The afternoon of the game Hags filed a story on CSN with quotes from the Bruins and Amalie exploded because Hags wasn't there. She thought he had lifted the quotes from her story but he actually got the quotes from the Bruins. He apparently filed his story at the Minneapolis Airport and he did arrive in time for the game.

When you are making your own travel arrangements to follow the team on the road you learn tricks. 3 years ago the Bruins had back to backs in Detroit and Montreal and the trick there is going to the Windsor, ON airport to fly to Trudeau instead of Detroit Metro. My understanding is Hags is given a set travel allowance for the season and he has to figure it out. You drive when you can and try to share expenses with others.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Can Fenway or anybody else remind me as to why the Hockey Show on 98.5 on Saturday mornings is not available on audio or a podcast after the fact? Like most people, I can't put everything aside to listen on Saturday morning. It makes no sense to me that it's not available online.

@mikelvl

It appears the only reason is laziness by 98.5 producers. They could easily put the Hockey Show here - but don't

http://boston.cbslocal.com/audio/bruins-on-98-5-the-sports-hub/

The do it for the Celtics

http://boston.cbslocal.com/audio/celtics/

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
And for Haggs to travel to a Vegas doesn't really count.

mcnab12

Dec 13, 2007
I lurk here often. Never post. Watch almost every game though. Does anyone with inside NESN knowledge know what they do when switching from Jack & Brick to the studio? A noticeable change in audio - and this year NHL Live cuts away from the intermission completely. Wondering if it has anything to do with this. We get no intermission just an "Intermission in Progress" screen for 15 mins. Looking for answers. Thanks for any help.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I lurk here often. Never post. Watch almost every game though. Does anyone with inside NESN knowledge know what they do when switching from Jack & Brick to the studio? A noticeable change in audio - and this year NHL Live cuts away from the intermission completely. Wondering if it has anything to do with this. We get no intermission just an "Intermission in Progress" screen for 15 mins. Looking for answers. Thanks for any help.

NHL TV gets a direct feed from the truck at the venue instead of NESN master control which is why you don't see the ticker. This is done to minimize compression loss. Every RSN has their own protocol.

Home games the intermission studio does not go through the truck but on a separate circuit.

mcnab12

Dec 13, 2007
Interesting. I thought it was something like that. I guess why we never got any postgame when other teams did provide it to NHL Live. Still. Every other season the intermission has been included, at least. I wonder what changed? Strange to get no analysis at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->