OT: Official Sports Media Thread IV (TV, Radio, Print) - Jack Edwards' contract extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Happened to be watching (work from home) because the segments with Bedard are usually pretty good.

It was even worse than it sounded. Bedard said he's angry about them potentially alerting the league to something he shouldn't be doing with the footage, not that they were making fun of him for it being kinda monotone.

But if he really wanted to keep something from his website out of the spotlight, he should have made that clear with them from the get-go. His site has really benefited from that show, thought it was poor form from him.

Hopefully he comes back next week in good spirits and they all put it behind them.

So what was there point that no one found amusing?

dabid

Feb 6, 2006
HFBoards
Damn I wanted all of those turds to have to work together and pretend like they like each other

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Entercom will sell - CBS Radio’s News/Talk 1030 WBZ, Sports “98.5 The Sports Hub” WBZ-FM, Classic Rock 100.7 WZLX and Entercom’s Talk 680 WRKO and Urban AC “The New 97.7” WKAF.

Entercom will keep - Sports 93.7 WEEI-FM, CHR “103.3 Amp Radio” WODS, Hot AC “Mix 104.1” WBMX, Rock 107.3 WAAF, Sports “ESPN Radio 850” WEEI and WEEI-FM simulcast 1440 WVEI

The leading candidate to buy the stations is Cox Media which owns Channel 25

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Entercom will sell - CBS Radio’s News/Talk 1030 WBZ, Sports “98.5 The Sports Hub” WBZ-FM, Classic Rock 100.7 WZLX and Entercom’s Talk 680 WRKO and Urban AC “The New 97.7” WKAF.

Entercom will keep - Sports 93.7 WEEI-FM, CHR “103.3 Amp Radio” WODS, Hot AC “Mix 104.1” WBMX, Rock 107.3 WAAF, Sports “ESPN Radio 850” WEEI and WEEI-FM simulcast 1440 WVEI

So if they do, do they continue to operate under the new ownership

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Felger made an announcement today that WBZ FM, WZLX, and WBZ AM are all going to have to be divested as part of the entercom/cbs radio sale, so they will not be working with or affiliated with WEEI as a sister station when all is said and done.
Yeah and then Mazz said something about wanting to get Dale Arnolds coffee for him.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
as WEEI morning ratings grow, ironically the quality of 98.5 same time slot is better

The boys on 98.5 have actual guests that are not on their to be ambushed

I usually start with WEEI until they send me to 98.5

the two station format works great - once it gets to one they get even lazier and start pushing their agendas even more

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yeah and then Mazz said something about wanting to get Dale Arnolds coffee for him.

Yep. They made a ton of jokes about Dale and Ordway making their minions run around for them. I guess James Stewart used to work for Dale at WEEI and clearly isn't a fan. Now that he's working at TSH and producing F&M, he didn't seem enthused about possibly working at WEEI again. The jokes they kept making indicated that Dale made him call him Mr. Arnold. :laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
as WEEI morning ratings grow, ironically the quality of 98.5 same time slot is better

the two station format works great - once it gets to one they get even lazier and start pushing their agendas even more

Even if I wanted to listen to WEEI, I can't. I dislike Kirk and his act so much that it literally wrecks everything they do. I just don't get why people listen. It's him acting like a baby and complaining about not being the center of attention all the time.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Even if I wanted to listen to WEEI, I can't. I dislike Kirk and his act so much that it literally wrecks everything they do. I just don't get why people listen. It's him acting like a baby and complaining about not being the center of attention all the time.
It's not been the same since Callahan. Minehan is a giant tool.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I only listen to Kirk and Callahan a couple of mornings a week now. If Tanguay, Reimer, Trenni or Tomase are on, I don't turn the station back on until 10.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

Me too. and it' usually takes about 7 seconds.

Reactions: bigcat188

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He's talented but I hear you - it's like a Kirk dramatist. It's almost as annoying as my hockey is third sport Drivel

Reactions: LSCII

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

What happens to the NHL if NBC loses their broadcasting license? Any chance ESPN gets the games ?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
What happens to the NHL if NBC loses their broadcasting license? Any chance ESPN gets the games ?

Without getting into politics, the chances of NBC losing their license to operate TV stations is about the same as Jimmy Hayes winning the Art Ross Trophy.

Reactions: dabid

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Without getting into politics, the chances of NBC losing their license to operate TV stations is about the same as Jimmy Hayes winning the Art Ross Trophy.
Ha ha ....I figured it was a long shot at best but you never know

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
But,CNN has been hit awfully hard in the wallet as has the NFL.

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
F&M are carving up the Bruins from Rask to too many kids. Felger wants to see White instead of Kuraly or Heinen.

Felger says the Bruins popularity is sinking to Revs level and doesn't see it changing soon. The Bruins are way down in the ratings.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
F&M are carving up the Bruins from Rask to too many kids. Felger wants to see White instead of Kuraly or Heinen.

Felger says the Bruins popularity is sinking to Revs level and doesn't see it changing soon. The Bruins are way down in the ratings.

It's an easy topic for him, and he knows it will rile up the die hards and make them call in to yell at him. It's not as dramatic as he's making it out to be, but honestly, the Celts did a lot this off season. They brought in a true superstar. They signed the best free agent out there. They overhauled their entire roster. They drafted what appears to be a stud in the making in the draft. And all this after they went on a deep playoff run. The b's didn't do any of that. They promoted some youth, and lost in the first round of the playoffs. So it's easy to say the arrow is pointing up for the Celts right now.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It's an easy topic for him, and he knows it will rile up the die hards and make them call in to yell at him. It's not as dramatic as he's making it out to be, but honestly, the Celts did a lot this off season. They brought in a true superstar. They signed the best free agent out there. They overhauled their entire roster. They drafted what appears to be a stud in the making in the draft. And all this after they went on a deep playoff run. The b's didn't do any of that. They promoted some youth, and lost in the first round of the playoffs. So it's easy to say the arrow is pointing up for the Celts right now.
Your right. The Celtics hit paydirt. i will say that this overhaul has been going on sinc Garnett left. How many years is that. Felgers schtick is old. He does this to promote call ins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->