OT: Official Sports Media Thread IV (TV, Radio, Print) - Jack Edwards' contract extended

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Aside from Lonnie’s worship of Felger he is right. Felger has a valid point/opinion wether you agree with it or not. Just because you disagree with it doesn’t make any host a **** stirrer.

Of course I still thank God I don’t listen to that show anymore.

Felger's act is his act. I don't have an issue with it. I actually flip over to WEEI a lot now depending on content, mostly because Mazz has worn thin on me. I love Holley and I like the dynamic of Rich Keefe being on that show a lot too. I think the weak link on their afternoon drive show is Dale. And I say that not to be a jerk because I know he posts/reads here, but because I just don't agree with his sports takes very often.

In terms of Felger, when he's really irritating people and getting under their skin over an extremely obvious and blatant troll job, I can't stop listening. The idiocy of the callers is so mesmerizing when he's gotten them fired up that it's must listen. I honestly do not get how people are still falling for it, but they do. The big difference between Felger and Tony is that Felger is doing it as a calculated move to draw in listeners. Tony actually has open disdain and contempt for the callers and it comes through loud and clear. He's by far the bigger (and real) asshole on that show, and people don't realize it.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Felger's act is his act. I don't have an issue with it. I actually flip over to WEEI a lot now depending on content, mostly because Mazz has worn thin on me. I love Holley and I like the dynamic of Rich Keefe being on that show a lot too. I think the weak link on their afternoon drive show is Dale. And I say that not to be a jerk because I know he posts/reads here, but because I just don't agree with his sports takes very often.

In terms of Felger, when he's really irritating people and getting under their skin over an extremely obvious and blatant troll job, I can't stop listening. The idiocy of the callers is so mesmerizing when he's gotten them fired up that it's must listen. I honestly do not get how people are still falling for it, but they do. The big difference between Felger and Tony is that Felger is doing it as a calculated move to draw in listeners. Tony actually has open disdain and contempt for the callers and it comes through loud and clear. He's by far the bigger (and real) ******* on that show, and people don't realize it.

I can see that about Dale. If it wasn't for him being there though it would be the NBA show.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Boston Herald publisher announces sale of newspaper company

The Herald (BHI), hindered like many other newspapers with significant pension and retirement liabilities as well as declining revenue with the onset of digital media and a growing variety of news originators and aggregators, had some 900 employees at its peak in 2000. Today it has 240; more than 120 of them work in the newsroom.

BHI filed a voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition today in the District of Delaware to maximize the value of the company and its assets by selling the business as a going concern under the supervision of the Bankruptcy Court.

The company contemplates that the sale will allow the operation to continue, providing the greatest stability for employees, customers and vendors; as well as the best return to unsecured creditors.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Boston Herald publisher announces sale of newspaper company

The Herald (BHI), hindered like many other newspapers with significant pension and retirement liabilities as well as declining revenue with the onset of digital media and a growing variety of news originators and aggregators, had some 900 employees at its peak in 2000. Today it has 240; more than 120 of them work in the newsroom.

BHI filed a voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy petition today in the District of Delaware to maximize the value of the company and its assets by selling the business as a going concern under the supervision of the Bankruptcy Court.

The company contemplates that the sale will allow the operation to continue, providing the greatest stability for employees, customers and vendors; as well as the best return to unsecured creditors.

Very unfortunate. A lot of people losing their jobs.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Oh, okay lol. Carry on, then. I misinterpreted your post, there are a lot of...*individuals* who write off everything negative Felger says as some kind of "schtick", even when it's legitimate criticism. I'm glad to see you're not one of those people.
I don't write off what he says just because it came from him, but I find myself thinking to myself "Seriously Michael? C'mon you're better than that" at least a half a dozen times per show I listen to. It's the intentionally obtuse hyperbole that I am just really getting tired of.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Very unfortunate. A lot of people losing their jobs.

It's sad but the handwriting has been on the wall for years.

The Herald's readership is dying and the younger generations don't buy papers. Herald's circulation is today 60,000 which is down from 245,000 12 years ago. I think the 60,000 figure is suspect as I personally don't see anyone reading the paper.

boston-herald-history-timeline-circulation.jpg

Steve Buckley laments at what lies ahead

Buckley: We are blessed to live in a two-newspaper town, and hopefully it stays that way

'He Found A Buyer': Analyst Discusses Publisher's Sale Of Boston Herald To GateHouse Media

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
So much for that 98.5 sports hub app. Pats game “ there was a problem downloading audio “... Ummm that’s cool considering I came to you for AUDIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad