OT: Official Olympic thread. Go Canada Go!!!

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Henderson tees off at 11:09am she is currently tied for 28th 1 under, Canada's other female golfer is Alena Sharpe who is currently tied for 16th at 2under after 9 holes in 2nd round.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Canadian wrestler Erica Wiebe goes for gold tonight (Thursday) at 5:30 pm! I'm thrilled for her, but let's keep it on the down low that she is from Stittsville, or else Dorion might try to sign her to a contract. ;-)

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Fritsch is on a roll, after a nearly 4 hour delay due to thunderstorms, he is currently tied for 2nd place at 4 under after 11 holes, what is amazing is he has 7 birdies and 3 bogeys in his 11 holes, currently he has had 5 birdies in a row.
Hadwin finished at -1 in PGA
in the Olympics Henderson is currently tied for 7th, she is 5 under after 16 holes. Alena Sharpe is -1 after 2 rounds and tied for 31st.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
The CBC web site is finally showing team handball. Love watching that sport but it usually gets no love around here on the TV.

Brooke putting herself back in the conversation in golf.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Henderson finishes with a 64, she birdied 5 of the last 6 holes and is currently tied for 3rd

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
The CBC web site is finally showing team handball. Love watching that sport but it usually gets no love around here on the TV.

Brooke putting herself back in the conversation in golf.

Because it's boring.

It's exciting when you first tune in. For like 10 minutes. Then it's sort of "whatever".

Also, for anyone complaining that a sport isn't being televised, cbc.ca has simultaneous streams of every sport live as it happens.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Henderson finishes with a 64, she birdied 5 of the last 6 holes and is currently tied for 3rd

That's really great for her! I thought she was done for.

Also bronze for women's 10m diving (Benfeito). And Erica Weibe going for gold in women's wrestling.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Because it's boring.

It's exciting when you first tune in. For like 10 minutes. Then it's sort of "whatever".

Also, for anyone complaining that a sport isn't being televised, cbc.ca has simultaneous streams of every sport live as it happens.

If it was easy to find - I'd actually watch Volleyball. Men or women.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Because it's boring.

Not every sport. They didn't have any handball until the semi's and I don't think they had waterpolo during the preliminary rounds either. Not sure why they don't provide everything as they just provide the raw feed, which is fine by me.

The semi-final between France and the Netherlands came down to a goalpost this afternoon, it was pretty exciting.

If it was easy to find - I'd actually watch Volleyball. Men or women.

That you can find on the CBC website. It's often on Sportsnet One or Sportnet as well.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
That you can find on the CBC website. It's often on Sportsnet One or Sportnet as well.

I have been - I mean more outside of Olympic coverage where it's never publicized and hard to find.

I'm watching China-Brazil women's right now because I missed it. The one thing I love about CBC's coverage of sporting events (even back to HNIC days) is that they posted the full unedited coverage and they were early adopters of online streaming. CBC deserves a lot of praise for that.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
The one thing I love about CBC's coverage of sporting events (even back to HNIC days) is that they posted the full unedited coverage and they were early adopters of online streaming. CBC deserves a lot of praise for that.

Agree, it's nice to be able to watch the Olympics as a sporting event rather than as a reality TV show or soap opera.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Not every sport. They didn't have any handball until the semi's and I don't think they had waterpolo during the preliminary rounds either. Not sure why they don't provide everything as they just provide the raw feed, which is fine by me.

The semi-final between France and the Netherlands came down to a goalpost this afternoon, it was pretty exciting.

a few good mens team handball games today.

2 semis, Germany-France and Denmark-Poland

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
What a great day for Canada yesterday; 4 medals. We have 18 now, I wonder if we'll get 20 or even eclipse the 22 we had in Atlanta in 1996.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
That was Canada's best single day at the Summer Games in many years. We saw a gold medal from Wiebe, who was in tears on the podium while singing the anthem. If that doesn't get you right in the feels then I don't know what would. The unbridled joy and emotion we saw from her is what sports is all about. After that, we won two medals in track and field, arguably the most competitive and difficult place to medal in the Summer Games. Seeing DeGrasse with a silver and Warner with a bronze in the 200 m and the Decathalon was awesome. That was only our second ever Decathalon medal, and Degrasse became our first Canadian to win two individual track medals since 1932.

This might end up being our best Summer Olympics since Atlanta 1996, depending on how these last couple of days go...

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
That was Canada's best single day at the Summer Games in many years. We saw a gold medal from Wiebe, who was in tears on the podium while singing the anthem. If that doesn't get you right in the feels then I don't know what would. The unbridled joy and emotion we saw from her is what sports is all about. After that, we won two medals in track and field, arguably the most competitive and difficult place to medal in the Summer Games. Seeing DeGrasse with a silver and Warner with a bronze in the 200 m and the Decathalon was awesome. That was only our second ever Decathalon medal, and Degrasse became our first Canadian to win two individual track medals since 1932.

This might end up being our best Summer Olympics since Atlanta 1996, depending on how these last couple of days go...

Bishop and the mens 4x100 tonight have podium chances. A great games for both swimming and track for Canada.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012

And what's funny about it all is that we have had a decent number of medal favorites not medal. A lot of our medals (mainly swimming) came from unexpected people.

Still a few days left to see what happens. But it's been a fun Olympics. Canada is a relatively small country population wise so this is nice to see

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
CANADA 2 Brazil 0 in 2nd half

theyoungest and oldest players on team Canada score

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->