Official Oil Kings 2017-18 Thread

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Great game, nice ceremony beforehand. We were row eight and were nearly hit by that puck that was shot into the stands first period when the Ice player got the delay-of-game penalty. Ha, I don't know most of these players. I wonder if other teams are as hard hit by having top players in NHL camps as we are.

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Great game, nice ceremony beforehand. We were row eight and were nearly hit by that puck that was shot into the stands first period when the Ice player got the delay-of-game penalty. Ha, I don't know most of these players. I wonder if other teams are as hard hit by having top players in NHL camps as we are.

129 WHL players were at NHL camps

http://www.whl.ca/article/129-whl-players-to-attend-nhl-camps

Kootaney had 8 including Sam Reinhart and their top 4 scoring players last year.

Edmonton had 12 gone, and only Portland had more with 13 players.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
@NHLbyMatty: So Eddie Kulda on way back to oil kings giving them three imports and only two allotted on whl rosters

lopper

Oct 22, 2006
AB
@NHLbyMatty: So Eddie Kulda on way back to oil kings giving them three imports and only two allotted on whl rosters

I would bet that Eller gets moved to make the import numbers work and Santos will be gone to make the 20 year old numbers work.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I would bet that Eller gets moved to make the import numbers work and Santos will be gone to make the 20 year old numbers work.

Bang on. I was wondering why Dea got the start until I looked at the roster. Big thanks to Santos for all he has done for this team. I know he meant a ton to the boys on last year's team.
I hope Mads finds a great new home. He really brought a lot of energy at times, these past couple years.

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Anyone know where the OKs might have the Memorial Cup trophy again for photos. We didn't get a chance to go see it at Saturday's game.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
So if I'm right about this, the only team that can take an import on is Medicine Hat. At the same time Brandon, Calgary and Saskatoon(if Scherbak doesn't make the Habs) all have three Imports on their roster along with Edmonton. Everett only has one if Mueller makes the Sharks, which seems possible reading their board. Now if Eller is the guy the OKs decide to move, that may convince another team to release one of their imports if they could get him but with four teams potentially looking to move an import the price might not be that high.

EDIT: And as I'm writing this Saskatoon trades Nikita Scherbak to Everett, solving their problem and removing Everett as a possible destination.

Last edited:

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home
So for anybody who watched during the pre-season and saw the opener what are the lines expected to look like if Lazar isn't back and Eller gets traded?

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
So for anybody who watched during the pre-season and saw the opener what are the lines expected to look like if Lazar isn't back and Eller gets traded?

Really rough guess. Probably gonna be way off on this.

Pollock-Bauer-Bertolucci
Kulda-Koep-Baddock
Robertson-Benson-Koch
Magnes-Brown-Ralph
Walter

Sautner-Mayo
Mills-Orban
Ibragimov-Irving
Carroll

Jarry
Dea

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
According to the Sens board, Lazar is impressing in TC but most expect him to be returned to Edmonton. Here's hoping!

Oct 15, 2008
No. He isnt. But the rest of the boys are laying the boots to speedy creek.

Oil Kings paste the Broncos 5-1 on the road.

Oil Kings have 3 euros. They have to cut/trade one. Im hoping they keep both Kulda and Eller as I really think they have a shot to go deep or even repeat Lazar or no Lazar.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Nothing else you can say about this team. Impressive. It's just a big machine that keeps rolling. They're outshooting the Broncos 44-18 too.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
This team looks like it could have another 50 win season at the very least, which would beat a WHL record as they are tied with 3+ 50 win campaigns, not sure if that is a CHL record though?

Lazar is probably coming back, not being AHL eligible is a big reason. I would say with him back this team again looks like a threat to take the the WHL title.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
If they can beat the Tigers tonight on a back-to-back I'll be impressed. The Tigers are a favourite for the conference this year.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Wow, two goals in the third to come back and win it. I didn't watch the game, but from the sounds of it this is a good example of why they're still going to be a top team this year. Jarry is arguably the best goalie in the WHL; and they've just got such a winning, never give up mentality about them. Sure wish we could see that kind of thing from the Oilers.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Holeeee crap. Ben Carroll scores on a screened writer late and Jarry steals the 2-1 win.
Amazing PK. Something like 0 for 7 by a really good Tigers PP.
We really had no offence, save for the goals. What a steal of a win on the back end of a back-to-back on the road.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->