HF Habs: Official Montreal Canadiens Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He NEVER said he expects the Canadiens to be interested...First of all, that tweet does not capture the context in which MacKenzie was talking about Jack Johnson.

Here are ACTUAL quotes from MacKenzie's radio hit from yesterday morning

Bob MacKenzie "I'm not sure what the market will command for Jackson Johnson but you gotta think that any Dman like that, that goes to free agency is going to expect to get, you know...in the neighborhood of 6 million dollars, give or take 1 million...and whether Montreal makes sense for him (Jack Johnson) and vice versa, certainly remains to seen, but there's no question the Canadiens are looking to bolster their blueline".

This quote does not = Bob MacKenzie expects the Canadiens to be interested.

Thanks for setting the record straight.

Can someone with a twitter account, put that "Prospects Watcher" wannabe dude to his place? You can't have quotes distorted like that, especially when attributing them to Bob MacKenzie. Just goes to show you the level of scrutiny and skepticism we need to exercise with non mainstream sources.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Thanks for setting the record straight.

Can someone with a twitter account, put that "Prospects Watcher" wannabe dude to his place? You can't have quotes distorted like that, especially when attributing them to Bob MacKenzie. Just goes to show you the level of scrutiny and skepticism we need to exercise with non mainstream sources.
Someone already has (not me btw)

Reactions: Runner77

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Pierre Lebrun on Milan Lucic: "A lot of people connecting the dots to the Montreal Canadiens... I'm told no way, the Montreal Canadiens are not interested at this point in Milan Lucic."

If Lebrun was correctly quoted, then this is music to our ears.
now give it 48 hrs, and this board would say Lebrun is connecting the dots and he is sure the habs are interested in acquiring lucic

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
now give it 48 hrs, and this board would say Lebrun is connecting the dots and he is sure the habs are interested in acquiring lucic

He's more likely to talk about Bergevin working the phones on his next milk run. It's been a while, he'll go back to it since the draft is around the corner.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
He's more likely to talk about Bergevin working the phones on his next milk run. It's been a while, he'll go back to it since the draft is around the corner.
Absolutely, how can i forget this....after all no one works the phones like mark.

Reactions: Runner77

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Which RFA’s will we sign and who will we let walk? I’m most interested to see what they do with Mccarron

We know Danault, DLR, are locks to be back.

McCarron will be back, just don't see them walking away as what's the point, it's not like they have much better.

I hope/expect Carr to be back.

I assume Rychel, waivers Shaw are back

I would bring back Gregoire and I think he'll be back.

I don't think Fucale will be back and I could see Parisi not being back.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
What is the absolute max money and term you guys would give Tavares to sign in Montreal?

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
With the draft done, one week has gone by during the key three week period where Bergevin hasn’t been able to fix the roster. The draft was the one place where he could make moves the most. I’d say he has two weeks left to do something. After that things get scarce during the summer and few teams trade. Unless he overpays for UFAs, he’s running out of options and we may have to go into the season with the current group and rebuild.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Pierre Lebrun on Milan Lucic: "A lot of people connecting the dots to the Montreal Canadiens... I'm told no way, the Montreal Canadiens are not interested at this point in Milan Lucic."

If Lebrun was correctly quoted, then this is music to our ears.

Who’s dumb enough to take lucic? MB. It’s not over yet

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Why don't we seem to be in on Tavares anymore??? What the heck is going on?

This is a positive sign imo, might mean the reports by Friedman that the Habs brass has instructed MB to stockpile picks and prospects is true. The only bad news here is that MB should not be entrusted with this responsibility.

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad