*OFFICIAL* Mississauga Steelheads 2013-14 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Rumours from the Draft thread are saying that McLeod from the Marlies may slip/want to play in Missy next year. Hopefully if we finish with the 4th or 5th pick that is made possible.

Glad to have Graves back!

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Still no sign of Jammes but that was a great effort by the Steelheads on Sunday and they just might steal a game at home.

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
Ya I'm going with that. After easily winning 6-0 on Friday I was worried the Gens would let their foot off the gas to start Game 2 and sure enough they got down 2-0 before battling back.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
You know what. The fish played their tails off last night and unfortunately nothing came of it. Such is overtime, one shot wins. Bastien impressed the hell out of me last night and recently, here's hoping he keeps improving and evolves into a quality and productive player for this club.

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
Was game 3 similar or do the Steelheads get some credit?

I'll give them a bit of credit but it's hard for me to give much when ultimately Missy is down 3-0 in the series. Am I surprised two games have gone to extra time? Absolutely. But am I surprised the Gens lead 3-0? Nope. Moral victories only get you so far and they're now Thursday away from being swept out of the playoffs.

Arsenault

Mar 12, 2012
I'll give them a bit of credit but it's hard for me to give much when ultimately Missy is down 3-0 in the series. Am I surprised two games have gone to extra time? Absolutely. But am I surprised the Gens lead 3-0? Nope. Moral victories only get you so far and they're now Thursday away from being swept out of the playoffs.

Down 3-0 put watched all three games on-line and series could easily be 2-1 for Miss. Will grant that the Generals have the best team and at times have dominated the ice but in large Mississauga has held them in check, even dominating in the offensive zone when playing along the boards. Sure, shots have heavily favored the GENS but more due to Mississauga's lack of general offence and ineffective PP than actual puck possession time.

Martin certainly also has been more than a factor but also kudos to their young inexperienced D-core. To summaries, Mississauga is playing play-off hockey the Gens are still in regular season mode. Series will likely be short but the Steelheads can move on to next year with their heads high and optimistic for next season, and still it is not over...would love to see them drag this series maybe even upset, certainly would open things up in the East. Never underestimate the power of being an underdog, they win tonight and sneak a win tomorrow and all bets are off...

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
Down 3-0 put watched all three games on-line and series could easily be 2-1 for Miss. Will grant that the Generals have the best team and at times have dominated the ice but in large Mississauga has held them in check, even dominating in the offensive zone when playing along the boards. Sure, shots have heavily favored the GENS but more due to Mississauga's lack of general offence and ineffective PP than actual puck possession time.

Martin certainly also has been more than a factor but also kudos to their young inexperienced D-core. To summaries, Mississauga is playing play-off hockey the Gens are still in regular season mode. Series will likely be short but the Steelheads can move on to next year with their heads high and optimistic for next season, and still it is not over...would love to see them drag this series maybe even upset, certainly would open things up in the East. Never underestimate the power of being an underdog, they win tonight and sneak a win tomorrow and all bets are off...

I love people that use the 'well the series could easily be x' statements. The series is 3-0 Oshawa. Period. I am glad you commented on the shot discrepancy as it's not even close. I've watched games 2 and 3 on TV and attended Game 1 and I haven't found it as close as you have mentioned. I'll agree that maybe the Gens are taking Miss lightly which is similar to your Gens still playing in regular season mode comment. However, fact of the matter is it's 3-0 and although two games have gone to extra time the Gens blew them out badly in game 1 and in my eyes looked like the dominant team in games 2 and 3 (which I was shocked they blew the 2 goal lead late last game). If Miss fans want to hold their head up high after having a horrendous season by coming in 8th out of a 10 conference team and then one game away from being swept out of the playoffs than be my guest. Gens will be bad next season and you won't see me posting about how we lost with dignity or whatever else.

Arsenault

Mar 12, 2012
I love people that use the 'well the series could easily be x' statements. The series is 3-0 Oshawa. Period. I am glad you commented on the shot discrepancy as it's not even close. I've watched games 2 and 3 on TV and attended Game 1 and I haven't found it as close as you have mentioned. I'll agree that maybe the Gens are taking Miss lightly which is similar to your Gens still playing in regular season mode comment. However, fact of the matter is it's 3-0 and although two games have gone to extra time the Gens blew them out badly in game 1 and in my eyes looked like the dominant team in games 2 and 3 (which I was shocked they blew the 2 goal lead late last game). If Miss fans want to hold their head up high after having a horrendous season by coming in 8th out of a 10 conference team and then one game away from being swept out of the playoffs than be my guest. Gens will be bad next season and you won't see me posting about how we lost with dignity or whatever else.

Hey buddy relax a bit, just meant that with two OT wins we all know OT goals can and often go either way, no matter who the strongest team is on any given night. Someone earlier asked about how the GENS were doing and I did my best to give an "Objective View" and yes given the "sell-off" Miss did at the deadline and given their youth and inexperience I strongly believe that the team should feel good about their performance to date. But since we are taking about "dignity" pretty "classless" of your GENS to go celebrate their OT victory goal in front of the Miss bench and have 19-20 year old taunting Miss. Given that they finished first in their league and Miss who had such an horrendous season (your words) finished 8th you would have thought that they would have crawled out of the rink with their tails between their legs as opposed to looking like they just won gold against Russia. :shakehead Get the feeling from your comment you likely also share some of those genes...
Funny how Sudbury and Barrie two fierce opponents with a long history; are disputing a series with similar results and still manage to show respect for each other at the end of the games and have yet to show any such stupidity or grandstanding:sarcasm:

defensehockey19

Feb 1, 2012

I think this post was completely unnecessary, Oshawa has controlled most of the play but have been taken into overtime twice by the 8 seed. It's a rebuild year and every team has them. Are we going to win this series? No and nobody thought we would but to take the number one seed into overtime is a pretty good accomplishment considering we traded our two best players. And we came 8th this year when we were supposed to miss the playoffs. That is an accomplishment. Considering Oshawa is having trouble winning in regulation against us good luck taking on Kingston or North Bay who have a little more skill up from and a more veteran back end.

BSabres

Sep 24, 2013
Ok, after re-reading my post it did come off a bit harsh. I appologize for that. However I must disagree about the Gens celebrating in front of Missy's bench as being viewed as a slight. They had just won a playoff game in double ot to take a strangle hold on the series. I'm sure they were pretty excited and I'm not sure how it can be viewed as disrespectful. I'm not going to look at this series and judge how we will do against Kingston or NB. I think Brown getting back to form will help us out next round. Best of luck the rest of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad