Music: Official Metal Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
That may be one of the best festival lineups of all time
It might not even be the best KTDF lineup.
KTDF2010.jpg

KTDF2012.jpg

Also see MDF in the 2009 & 2010

Necropolis

Jan 18, 2013
I've been really busy with my own musical projects as well as school for the past year or so that I haven't had enough time to keep in track with newer releases. So, what are some of the actually good releases of 2017 and what should I anticipate from 2018? The new Tribulation is the only album I've heard from 2018, was better than 'The Children of the Night' but still dissapointing to me. From 2017 I'm only familiar with Pagan Altar, Sutrah, Immolation, The Obsessed, Tchornobog and Azarath releases. Sutrah was pretty neat, I think. One of the few excellent tech death albums out there. I'm not the biggest fan of the production (especially the bass-heaviness at times) nor the vocals, but solid stuff anyways.

Augscura

Oct 3, 2009
Prince George, BC
It might not even be the best KTDF lineup.
KTDF2010.jpg

KTDF2012.jpg

Also see MDF in the 2009 & 2010
2010 looks good but a lot of those bands hadn't released their best material yet imo (Undergang, Anatomia, Krypts, Obliteration)
2012 and MDF 2009 not as good as either poster.
MDF 2010 looks pretty f***ing nuts though

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
MDF 2009 had two Bolt Thrower (they filled in for Pestilence after they dropped). That alone makes it the greatest festival of all time. Not to mention Mayhem before Mayhem tours became an every-year event in North America. But also a ton of other A+ bands, many of which were at the peak of their game (Aura Noir, General Surgery, Sigh, Krallice, Wolves in the Throne Room, Magrudergrind, Trap Them, PLF, Triac, Asphyx, Absu, etc)

Also, here's some KTDF 2012 bands you might not be familiar with (figuring you already know Necros Christos/Morbus Chron/Hooded Menace/Esoteric/etc from your tastes):
ZOM
Swallowed
Sadistic Intent
General Surgery
Master

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
In other news, Derketa is playing Migration Fest Pittsburgh in July, so now I'm less upset about missing KTDF

Last edited:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I've been really busy with my own musical projects as well as school for the past year or so that I haven't had enough time to keep in track with newer releases. So, what are some of the actually good releases of 2017 and what should I anticipate from 2018? The new Tribulation is the only album I've heard from 2018, was better than 'The Children of the Night' but still dissapointing to me. From 2017 I'm only familiar with Pagan Altar, Sutrah, Immolation, The Obsessed, Tchornobog and Azarath releases. Sutrah was pretty neat, I think. One of the few excellent tech death albums out there. I'm not the biggest fan of the production (especially the bass-heaviness at times) nor the vocals, but solid stuff anyways.

Try out:

Malokarpatan - Nordkarpatenland
Satan's Hallow - S/T
Sinmara/Misþyrming - Ivory Stone/Hof (split)
Cultes des Ghoules/Sepuchral Zeal - split
Spectral Voice - Eroded Corridors of Unbeing
Attic - Sanctimonioushttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSk08GAlwIw

Reactions: Augscura

Augscura

Oct 3, 2009
Prince George, BC
MDF 2009 had two Bolt Thrower (they filled in for Pestilence after they dropped). That alone makes it the greatest festival of all time. Not to mention Mayhem before Mayhem tours became an every-year event in North America. But also a ton of other A+ bands, many of which were at the peak of their game (Aura Noir, General Surgery, Sigh, Krallice, Wolves in the Throne Room, Magrudergrind, Trap Them, PLF, Triac, Asphyx, Absu, etc)

Also, here's some KTDF 2012 bands you might not be familiar with (figuring you already know Necros Christos/Morbus Chron/Hooded Menace/Esoteric/etc from your tastes):
ZOM
Swallowed
Sadistic Intent
General Surgery
Master
Thanks mate, I will check out the ones I'm unfamiliar with this weekend. Today is a Power Metal day though (I know how much you love PM :)
Now Playing

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Only parts of the new AtG single I don't like are the weird drum/vocal bits. Otherwise it's fine. They're never going to write TRITSIO again, and I'm okay with that. Even still, the bridge is darker than anything they've put out in a while.

Augscura

Oct 3, 2009
Prince George, BC
Only parts of the new AtG single I don't like are the weird drum/vocal bits. Otherwise it's fine. They're never going to write TRITSIO again, and I'm okay with that. Even still, the bridge is darker than anything they've put out in a while.
Random question, do you post in the deathcult international group on facebook? Someone there basically said the same thing you did about the new ATG song (advising people to listen to the bridge)

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Kerrang posted some stupid map about best band from each state, but it does provide me an excuse to talk about Predatory Light. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad