Music: Official Metal Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Augscura dude:

You heard Sutrah's album Dunes? It's Claude Leduc's [Chthe'ilist] other band. I think you might be into it - influences from Ulcerate, Colored Sands-era Gorguts, Cynic, Stargazer. Heavily layered, complex, melodic death metal.

Check it out on https://sutrahmetal.bandcamp.com/

Reactions: Augscura

Augscura

Oct 3, 2009
Prince George, BC
Augscura dude:

You heard Sutrah's album Dunes? It's Claude Leduc's [Chthe'ilist] other band. I think you might be into it - influences from Ulcerate, Colored Sands-era Gorguts, Cynic, Stargazer. Heavily layered, complex, melodic death metal.

Check it out on https://sutrahmetal.bandcamp.com/
If you endorse it, I'll buy it. If it's Ulcerate or Colored Sands sounding then it's definitely for me

also that Warped song sounds pretty decent, I honestly really want the new MA to be good. Heretic had some bangers but it was not great by any means and Illud was absolutely horrific. I've always really liked Trey Azagthoth. He's probably on my death metal mount rushmore

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Studio recording of a new Morbid Angel song at the link below. It sounds sort of like the Heretic stuff.

https://tubeunblock.me/watch?v=lrcZC3qDChs

I've always really liked Trey Azagthoth. He's probably on my death metal mount rushmore

It's hard for me to imagine him not being on everybody's, really. It's hard to think of anybody who even comes close in terms of having written so many classic songs, pushing technique forward for death metal guitar playing and having commercial success.

Augscura

Oct 3, 2009
Prince George, BC
Studio recording of a new Morbid Angel song at the link below. It sounds sort of like the Heretic stuff.

https://tubeunblock.me/watch?v=lrcZC3qDChs

It's hard for me to imagine him not being on everybody's, really. It's hard to think of anybody who even comes close in terms of having written so many classic songs, pushing technique forward for death metal guitar playing and having commercial success.
Maybe it's just me but I honestly don't interact with a lot of people that seem to enjoy Morbid Angel anymore, even the classics like Altars and Covenant. That track sounds good to me, sign me up.

Also Sutrah - Dunes was amazing, I put it on before I went to bed but it never had my full attention, this morning after work I gave it my undivided attention and really enjoyed it. Very catchy and a lot of memorable tracks after just a few listens. This will definitely see more play time from me

Reactions: Ouroboros

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I miss when Trey literally thought he was a vampire.

Alternatively when Trey gave shout-outs to his Quake III clan on Headbanger's Ball.

Augscura

Oct 3, 2009
Prince George, BC
I miss when Trey literally thought he was a vampire.

Alternatively when Trey gave shout-outs to his Quake III clan on Headbanger's Ball.
His facebook page is pretty entertaining, he talks about how he thinks Neptune is a "pretty cool planet" and how battlebots was so inspirational to him and how it relates to music for him.

"Wicked grooving drum foundations acting as the arena, then the 2 bots as like the left and right guitar battling in all kinds of ways.
Variations sure, but mainly extreme panned polyrhythms that not only are so independent of each other as for their shape and movement, but also different keys sometimes which if they are in mono they would sound like mud, but when you hard pan them, then you get this huge dynamic chorusing, melting, tugging and pulling, and even opposing collisions with each other."

Augscura

Oct 3, 2009
Prince George, BC
I like Nocturnal, a friend told me the new album was the best album since then, so I gave it a listen and I just didn't get that vibe at all, sounds like everything else they've released in the 2010's

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
His facebook page is pretty entertaining, he talks about how he thinks Neptune is a "pretty cool planet" and how battlebots was so inspirational to him and how it relates to music for him.

"Wicked grooving drum foundations acting as the arena, then the 2 bots as like the left and right guitar battling in all kinds of ways.
Variations sure, but mainly extreme panned polyrhythms that not only are so independent of each other as for their shape and movement, but also different keys sometimes which if they are in mono they would sound like mud, but when you hard pan them, then you get this huge dynamic chorusing, melting, tugging and pulling, and even opposing collisions with each other."

He's such a dork, and that's why he's my favorite person ever. I want to hang out and watch battlebots and play computer games with this man.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I like Nocturnal, a friend told me the new album was the best album since then, so I gave it a listen and I just didn't get that vibe at all, sounds like everything else they've released in the 2010's

The mix has that feel, but I think it's more like Nocturnal than the prior release. That one was too, I don't know, fast and brutal I guess. That's a weird thing to say, but I much preferred Ritual and Everblack over it.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I've been jamming this track a lot:

It's from the upcoming "Red" EP from Scour which is another Black metal project that Phil Anselmo has been up to.

Their new drummer sounds a lot tighter than the one who played on their "Grey" EP and Phil sounds much better vocally here. Even though he's been able to do them since the Pantera days, some of those gutterally low vocals he can still hit are sick. Especially for a dude that's nearly 50. :laugh:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
@Augscura

Forgot this one in my previous post on Friday for whatever reason

And of course some OGs Canadian speed/thrash maniacs

And because I mentioned OG Canadian speed maniacs, this is now obligatory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad