Official IFHL draft, round 6/8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Remember that a live draft wil be hold THIS saterday and sunday, it will either be 11 AM or 12 AM, or maybe in between, whatever favors the GM's in general the most.

If you can't attend, send a list to either me, Dallas Flames Fan, vsmith, Patty Ice XXX, Mike Modano or Spacelobster.

Focker

Sep 5, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
thecanucker said:
To Anaheim - 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks in the entry draft
To Pittsburgh - 7th, 10th

If anyone else is interested in giving up a 7th and 10th pick for my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in the next entry draft, please PM me.

Cheers,

Oilers GM...

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
thecanucker said:
To Anaheim - 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks in the entry draft
To Pittsburgh - 7th, 10th

he is really going for Ovechkin now.... :D

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Modano = God said:
Remember that a live draft wil be hold THIS saterday and sunday, it will either be 11 AM or 12 AM, or maybe in between, whatever favors the GM's in general the most.

If you can't attend, send a list to either me, Dallas Flames Fan, vsmith, Patty Ice XXX, Mike Modano or Spacelobster.

I just want to suggest that if you can not attend AND dont send in a list, we (the people present) will vote on a player for your pick.Agree, commishs? This way we don't waste people time on a Saturday/Sunday.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Dallas Flames Fan said:
I just want to suggest that if you can not attend AND dont send in a list, we (the people present) will vote on a player for your pick.Agree, commishs? This way we don't waste people time on a Saturday/Sunday.

I was thinking of skipping them as usual.. they miss 3 players at the most and could make their selections later that night.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Modano = God said:
I was thinking of skipping them as usual.. they miss 3 players at the most and could make their selections later that night.

That's a good idea too.

shveik

Jul 6, 2002
Visit site
We need to have confirmation for the "2 picks per round" scheme. Are we going to do it after the live draft weekend to speed things up?

Belgian Fan

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
shveik said:
We need to have confirmation for the "2 picks per round" scheme. Are we going to do it after the live draft weekend to speed things up?

Well I would at least suggest it to be started at an "even round" as it might help reduce the effects of the snake draft...

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
shveik said:

I think we may want to see how successful this weekend live draft is first :dunno:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Dallas Flames Fan said:
I think we may want to see how successful this weekend live draft is first :dunno:

Yeah, I agree, personally, I feel the 2 picks system would make things a lot faster but I just don't feel comfortable with it.

Say sgandour (#1) is up when we decide to pick twice in a row. Then jacketracket (30th) will be left with seemingly worse players as 60 went before him, in just *one* round. Never mind when someone trades a pick, while missing only one round, it could mean he picks 120 players later..

Belgian Fan

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Modano = God said:
Say sgandour (#1) is up when we decide to pick twice in a row. Then jacketracket (30th) will be left with seemingly worse players as 60 went before him, in just *one* round. Never mind when someone trades a pick, while missing only one round, it could mean he picks 120 players later..

Wich is exacltu why you should start in on an even round.

And the second thing can be worked around by allowing trades wich have been done before a certain point to keep one pick of that round. Say I traded my 15th pick, I would still get 1 pick in that round and the other guy would get another :dunno:

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
I just wanted to say, if anyone cares, that I am pretty strongly against a two players per pick rule. The people who traded their picks would be screwed and the people who pick late would really be screwed. Just not a good thing to do IMO.

edit: I say this as a mid table pick who has traded for extra picks late.

Focker

Sep 5, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
jin said:
I just wanted to say, if anyone cares, that I am pretty strongly against a two players per pick rule. The people who traded their picks would be screwed and the people who pick late would really be screwed. Just not a good thing to do IMO.

edit: I say this as a mid table pick who has traded for extra picks late.

I totally agree with Jin...

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
jacketracket said:
We've made 14 picks in 24 hrs.---that's a good pace!

Yeah, and the biggest reason for that is that GM's don't always wait till one of the commishes anounces that he's up or doesn't pick untill hets a PM telling him to. More and more take the responsibility to make it faster, by posting who's up, PM'ing GM's more then once, etc, etc..

So, don't always wait on me or another commish for notifying who's up and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad