Official HF 2005 Mock Draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
FacelessButcher said:
No he was attempting to drop 3 spots in the draft and give up a player of negligible value (Doig) for a very good prospect in Tjutin.

Not really a fair representation. He was dropping from a spot that generated such players as Heatley, Spezza, Lehtonen Staal and Malkin and wanted a fair value return for that. Versus a talent pool of Torres, Chistov, Whitney, Vanek, and Wheeler. Which pool of players would you want? Ill take the former. You want that spot, you pay a good player for it.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Legionnaire said:
Okay Bob you're up. You can pick Rask now :snide:

Yeah right Rask, then in the 2nd we'll take Vincent, then Plante, and just goalie after goalie til we're completely CRAZY! :propeller

Please note the sacasm. For the love of god, I am not taking Rask. He's good but not for us.

OK,CBJ never really went, but he already indicated Bobby Ryan...

I'm glad he fell this far, so without further ado, with 3rd overall pick the New York Rangers select Guillaume Latendresse

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
BobMarleyNYR said:
Yeah right Rask, then in the 2nd we'll take Vincent, then Plante, and just goalie after goalie til we're completely CRAZY! :propeller

Please note the sacasm. For the love of god, I am not taking Rask. He's good but not for us.

I'm glad he fell this far, so without further ado, with 3rd overall pick the New York Rangers select Guillaume Latendresse

Good pick SpongeBob!

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
BobMarleyNYR said:

Hold on, don't the Coyotes have the #5 pick?

oh wait a minute, n/m, they'll pick some guy out of left field, carry on.

edit: yes I know, he already picked Pouilot, just poking some fun.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
If Dan Syvret is the next Orr, the Rangers will win the cup next season.

Havlat for FLA is on the board for the next 24 hours.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Too bad the Panthers couldn't get Latendresse, I was hoping hard for him.

I was thinking today of Jack Skille as my selection with what kind of game he brings and some of the hype he got, but I read that not a lot of posters were sold on him, so I'll take a player I've seen, an offensive dynamo with great size who is the best player of his country, he may lacks defense but he is a gem IMO !!!

ANZE KOPITAR, C, 6'2 202 lbs

I'm amazed to get to get that kid in the draft for the Panthers ! He is THE offensive force, we could use since the departure of Pavel Bure... Kind of a raw prospect like Kostitsyn was in his draft-year... He is a rare diamond that need some time and work, but he'll be a very very good player !

P.S.: Bookmark this page :snide: I'm in love with the kid, I know some people won't like him, but I'll stick to my guns and I'll accept yours... It was a hard-pick to make with upcoming fan-favourite Alex Bourret, who must be a Keenan-kid and I won't be mad with that... And there are other great players, but I've seen and heard about Kopitar... This kid is for real ! IMO

Have a nice draft, see you later ! ;)

P.S.2: (Not making a pub for Sony !) I want to part with some of my picks, and maybe players like Huselius, Hagman and all those bubble players to get a stud defenseman of the game in his prime, and some character players in their primes... Waiting ! :help:

Last edited:

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
X-SHARKIE said:
San Jose wants To move up, Willing to part with 28th overall, 49th overall, and 55th overall to move up high as possible. If interested in a 1st, two 2nds, in a trade down let me know.

Any prospects/roster players on the board?

VernonForrest

Feb 20, 2003
San Diego
The Nashville Predators are proud to select from the US National Development program, RW Jack Skille.

Although we are deep on the right side, Skille is a player we couldnt pass up and we feel he is best suited as a center. We are thrilled to land this physically mature, two way forward with solid offensive upside.

Fighter and the Anaheim Mighty Ducks are up next.

X-SHARKIE

The elite goalies in Rask and Price are falling.

I thought Vernon was going to take one when he traded up. I see Finley alot in Milwaukee and his numbers are impressive but his play hasn't. He simply doesn't make big saves, hard shots go in.

LA going to take one? Hmmm

Thanks for the fast pick guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->