Official (Former) NATIONAL CHAMPS!! BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS Thread

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Rebounded from a bad loss to Providence with a good win over Denver, who would have been the #1 team in the nation had we not knocked them off. Millan looked very good for most of the game, but two of those goals were headscratchers.

BCeagle

May 22, 2008
Well I'm glad nothing has happened to any of BC's players this year. It's too bad these things happen but life moves on. Losing 2 frontline centers is a big hole to fill all of a sudden but they will adjust and move on. This definitely hurts their team for this year but it allows someone to step up or new recruits to fill the voids. JP is definitely having his problems and it seems lately he has been hit by this with his BU teams. I don't know if it's him or the type of player he recruits. As long as he's there, BU hockey will be run his way and BC surely benefits when recruits see what's going on over at the other end of Comm. Ave.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I keep forgetting this forum exists lol...but is there any player more snakebitten than Chris Connolly? 62 shots, 0 goals this season. We need him to find his touch with Coyle/Trivino gone. I love his game...but please find the back of the net? Can't just rely on Nieto, Gill, Chiasson, and Megan.

But if Millan keeps playing the way he has after that shaky start, this team will be a force through the Beanpot, HE Tourney, and beyond.

EDIT: I need to come in here more often I guess...Connolly breaks out of slump in a big way, 2 goals, 1 assist, comeback win over Harvard. Hopefully now that the monkey's off his back the goals will keep coming.

Last edited:

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Well it looks like the Terriers are on a roll, absolutely demolishing Providence this weekend. Next weekend's test will be a bit tougher with Maine. I saw the Saturday game vs. BC and what really killed the Eagles was the Black Bears' power play. Since BU's PP has been really good of it, it should be interesting to see how well both teams do on the man-advantage next weekend.

For anyone who might be wondering....NESN, CBS College Sports nor NBC Sports Network are NOT carrying the series this weekend. :cry:

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
The task hockey force, formed by BU president Robert Brown, that followed the arrests of Corey Trivino & Max Nicastro, released their findings today. Among the recommendations being implemented is head coach Jack Parker relinquishing his duties as executive athletic director.

You can read more about this story HERE and HERE.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Isn't this the second one this season?:shakehead

I wish that I could say that this is unique to BU, but it isn't. Marquette's basketball team had (has) the same problem recently. Their campus police covered it up twice instead of reporting it to the Milwaukee police as required by state law. Marquette has a new AD for this season.

When my daughter went to BU a few years ago, a few hockey players got into a fight at a bar. The BU starting goalie was out for a month due to his injuries. Those guys shouldn't have been out drinking during their season!

In general, young people in proximity and drinking can lead to problems, regardless if any of them are athletes.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I keep forgetting this forum exists...

But a good start for the boys this past weekend. Of note is freshman Ahti Oksanen is ineligible for the first two games because his junior team in Finland played 2 games with a professional player...oh NCAA and your regulations...

Will be interesting to see the two freshman goalies battle it out. O'Connor got the win Saturday, Maguire will probably get the next game against UNH.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Can someone tell me about the play of Sam Kurker so far? 0 points is never good, but Im sure he is getting limited ice time after coming right out of high school.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Terriers were absolutely embarrassed tonight in Denver, losing 6-0 to the 14th ranked U of Denver Pioneers.

56 penalty minutes for BU, 19 of which went to Alexx Priviterra, in what was a chippy game on both sides. BU went down 3-0 after the first, and it only got worse. Completely undisciplined.

Parker's gonna make some of those fellas pay for that pathetic showing.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
In case you all missed the big Terriers Hockey news story today...

Wesley Myron, a Vancouver Canucks draft pick, has left school. This according to the Boston Hockey Blog (Daily Free Press blog) and the DFP via twitter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->