Official (Former) NATIONAL CHAMPS!! BOSTON UNIVERSITY TERRIERS Thread

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I know there are a few of us on the boards here...Hopefully I'll get out to a few games (not sure how many this year though).

Great weekend. 5-1 over NoDak, 2-1 over Michigan State. If the goaltending is sorted out, I see good things for us this season :handclap:

Last edited:

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Good start for the Terriers. :handclap: I really can't wait to see the BC-BU matchup this year.

I said this already on another thread and I'll say it here too. If BU gets the goaltending, this team is back in the NCAA tournament and could even potentially make it into the Frozen Four. I like their depth and balance. They have a great freshman class and of course, Matty and Colin are back in the fold (and I cannot tell you how THRILLED Jack is about that!).

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Congrats to your team on kicking the snot out of my SIOUX.Things are looking up for Boston U no doubt.Good luck the rest of the way and hopefully the SIOUX will get another shot at ya down the road.Well maybe not,the SIOUX haven't faired real well against Boston teams lately.:shakehead

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Just got back from the game...

7-2 over Michigan :yo::yo:

Wilson was a beast out there, I think he ended up with 3 assists (have to check the box score), 2 of them were absolute perfect passes to set up the easiest PP goals you will ever see.

Matt Gilroy is like having an extra forward out there...watching him rush the puck is a thing of beauty.

Millar made the key saves especially early until the offense got things rolling late in the first, and then never look back. Both goals allowed on the PK (including a 4-on-2.5 when Shattenkirk lost his stick), although the first one was a softie.

If this team can maintain some more discipline and not go to the box as often...everything looks like it's clicking for us. And our PP is absolutely lethal :yo:

And the fights at the end...didn't see what started it (or who was involved, I think Saponari was one of them)...but no Wolverine was going to push us around.

Overall, a GREAT GAME!! We'll be moving up in the rankings for sure :yo:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
how did corey trivino look? i know he didn't register any points, but how about overall?

Sorry for not replying earlier, but this was the first game I actually got to see. Trivino didn't play, although I'm not entirely sure why (don't think he was hurt unless I missed that somewhere)

How did Warsofsky look?

Warsofsky played a solid, responsible game. Nothing flashy or amazing, but he did his job.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Looks like BU got a great road win against Vermont, 7-2. Wilson with a pair of goals, Higgins with a 4 point night, Rollheiser 22/24, and we were 4/7 on the PP.

Seems like Rollheiser and Millan, neither wants to give up the starting goaltending job. We get quality tending out of them, and with the way our offense has been clicking, this team is going to be mighty dangerous.

nyisles618

Feb 3, 2007
Long Island
I saw Trivino didn't play again. Is he hurt?

Glad to see BU having a great start to the season. Assuming I get in, thats where I'm headed next fall.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
Sounds like Wilson is off to a great start. Is he benefitting from better linemates or has he demonstrably improved with a year of college hockey under his belt?

BostonCollegeFan

Nov 1, 2008
Trivino is hurt, though I heard he won't be out long. Minor knee injury I think.

Have only seen BU play one game on tv, so I won't comment on how much better Wilson looks this year.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Had the gametracker on while watching the Sabres game...and just when I thought the Terriers were going to fall on the road at Lowell, Wilson gets a goal to tie with 15 secs left, then an assist to Higgins with 1 second left to get a 6-5 win :amazed:

Millan giving up 5, first time this season our goaltending was subpar.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Had the gametracker on while watching the Sabres game...and just when I thought the Terriers were going to fall on the road at Lowell, Wilson gets a goal to tie with 15 secs left, then an assist to Higgins with 1 second left to get a 6-5 win :amazed:

Millan giving up 5, first time this season our goaltending was subpar.

Game tracker was wrong. The score was 6-4 and Millan played great, other than the first goal on the first shot. BU looked like they were trying to help UML win, turning the puck over all night long. Millan played his best in the begining of the 3rd perod turning away point blank shots on give aways in front of the net. Worst game BU has played thus far and they still get away with a win.

njdevscup30

Boom Boom
Apr 25, 2006
Blacksburg
I'm not saying ranking means anything now. In fact, I'm a believer in the sense that rankings are pretty meaningless. But however you look at the rankings is irrelevant here. I just think based on their schedule and results they should be ranked #1. Do I think they are the best team or will be number at the end of the season? Who am I to say that? In fact, I hate bu more than any other NCAA team on this planet, and hope Wilson goes pro tomorrow and they lose every last one of their games.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Well it looks like being #1 is becoming more of a curse than anything else. BU lost to UMass tonight, in a wild night in Hockey East.

BC and Merrimack tied 5-5 in a wild one at Lawler tonight. UNH got their butts handed to them courtesy of Lowell 8-3. Maine beat PC at Schneider 3-2. And the Huntington Hounds meanwhile keep rolling along, they downed UVM 5-3 tonight, which is bad news for BU since that's their next opponent come Sunday. Should be a good one with the way things are going.

Don't you just love Hockey East? :D

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Great bounce back game, 3-0 win over Northeastern to open the homestand. Millan 1st collegiate shutout :handclap:

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Shattenkirk and Wilson named to US WJC team. :handclap:

Now if we can get a win at BC tonight...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->