Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Pakarinen on waivers, could be worth a claim if they want to send the kids (Hunt/Haapala/Malgin) back to Springfield for a bigger role now that Vrbata is back.

Huberdeau-Barkov-McGinn
Brickley-Trocheck-Bjugstad
Sceviour-McCann-Vrbata
Haley-MacKenzie-Pakarinen

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Pakarinen on waivers, could be worth a claim if they want to send the kids (Hunt/Haapala/Malgin) back to Springfield for a bigger role now that Vrbata is back.

Huberdeau-Barkov-McGinn
Brickley-Trocheck-Bjugstad
Sceviour-McCann-Vrbata
Haley-MacKenzie-Pakarinen

I like you're resigned to having Haley in the line-up anyway lol

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I would let my hands away from him, we need that space for our own Prospects, special fourth Line Roles anyone could fill in.
That is kind of the whole point. With Vrbata returning, he's bound to play in the top9 and thus drop one of Malgin/Haapala/Hunt down a line. Do we want any of those three to play on the 4th line under 10 minutes a night and potentially hurt their development? Or worse, sit in the pressbox and do nothing? Rather have them in the AHL and let some plug (like Pakarinen) fill in.

Alternatively we could keep one of them and play Brickley on the 4th line. Even then we could still use a warm body for the press box, which Pakarinen would fit.

I like you're resigned to having Haley in the line-up anyway lol
Yeah, we know by now that BB isn't likely to scratch him.

And tbh he hasn't been that bad, serviceable 4th liner. A lot better than what I expected for sure. I think he would look better with a competent 4C too.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
That is kind of the whole point. With Vrbata returning, he's bound to play in the top9 and thus drop one of Malgin/Haapala/Hunt down a line. Do we want any of those three to play on the 4th line under 10 minutes a night and potentially hurt their development? Or worse, sit in the pressbox and do nothing? Rather have them in the AHL and let some plug (like Pakarinen) fill in.

Alternatively we could keep one of them and play Brickley on the 4th line. Even then we could still use a warm body for the press box, which Pakarinen would fit.

Yeah, we know by now that BB isn't likely to scratch him.

And tbh he hasn't been that bad, serviceable 4th liner. A lot better than what I expected for sure. I think he would look better with a competent 4C too.

Haley has been an upgrade on Thorty, not sure he is an every day guy, but we could have done worse for the position.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany

If we need space when aynne is back, i would send down Malgin Haapala Hunt back in the AHL, where they can play Top Minutes. Special Denis was laughing when he talk about makeing them better with his play. Haapala very tough to call him down since his 2 Way Game and expierence a bit better then Malgins current. Hunt will be the first men down.

hub/Bar/Dad
Ginn/Tro/Bjug
????/Can/Vrb
Haley/mac/sceviour

sure you can place haapla on 2nd or 3rd line or switch him with Brickley, you can but also Haley of the Ice and replace him with Brickley.
In my opinion see no space for Pakarinen. With Haapala stay with the Team if he play steady as current.
Hunt could already been send down back to AHL befor let him stay in pressBox. Malgin proofed you can play 3 Games in 72 Hours. :D

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Question about further Cap Situation or next Year Cap and TDL revelance.

We have current 68 Mio cap lets say around 66 with 2Way contracts come and go.

Here now my thought. With the Situation of the Team not known also with the Cap Situation will it be the same more or less. What could be the changeings being come up. Also you must keep reminde that the Matheson Contract will hit in net Year, with the hit of 3,9 Mio means Matheson next year get 4,875 Mio.

66+4,875 Mio makes 70,875 Mio. Not included upcomeing contract extansion, MacWeegar i would say he will be around 1,35 - 1,5 (maybe wrong thought), contract extansion Brickley+McCann maybe both around 1 - 1,5 Mio. With all that we would be around 73 MIo.

Not included cause i dont know how much that will be. Borgstrom Contract (maybe over Bonus), Petrovic unclear future Situation.

I calculate still with 73 Mio. Maybe lost incoming Sceviour - 950k, Vrbata 2,5 Mio and here in my thought included about fact how he play and Cap Situation MacKenzie Buyout.
So i come now with the Buyout on 68-69 Mio the same Cap we have current.

So the next Cap Situation without Entry LvL Contracts will be 68 Mio. That we shorten more or less the 4th Line fill it up with the currents Up/Down Calls.

What make me nervous, cause we need an upgrade on Top 6 Wings special for 2nd Line and a Top Line Defender or Top 4 D-Man who can shoot down infront of the Net. But with my calculation and the current cap we have no space/room for any additions. Still there could be changes comeing along the running Season but that is the fact for next Year.

Brokin

Nov 30, 2014
whatre the chances we're one of the 10 teams on that no-trade list? on second thought...dont answer that. give me some hope.
He says he wants to get paid the going rate? I don't buy that at all, as it's just his gimmick to get them to trade him. The guy will go to a team that he feels has a solid GM and will be a Cup contender before his next contract expires. I don't see any of the present Cup contenders doing a "our star for your star" type trade because most of the big names would not agree to go to the Sens plus they don't have the Cap space without that type of deal.

No it will be someone that he feels will challenge for the Cup in the next 5 years with Cap space. :)

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
He says he wants to get paid the going rate? I don't buy that at all, as it's just his gimmick to get them to trade him. The guy will go to a team that he feels has a solid GM and will be a Cup contender before his next contract expires. I don't see any of the present Cup contenders doing a "our star for your star" type trade because most of the big names would not agree to go to the Sens plus they don't have the Cap space without that type of deal.

No it will be someone that he feels will challenge for the Cup in the next 5 years with Cap space. :)

Its more then a gimmick, but no one beside Players and Sens know which gimmick is the real one.
It was last week or two weeks befor, he said he wanna get paid, what he is worse. When the sens cant do it he will look on other Teams.
48 Hours later he wrote an excuse Letter. I feel well in Ottawa and wanna stay here.

Now the second Time the money speech comes up, but this Team Ottawa asked for a 10 Teams no trade list. :D :D :D

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Kreider pulled from Rangers mid game. Petrovic for Kreider incoming ;)

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I'd like us to take a shot at getting Mike Hoffman but our internal cap probably prevents that.

Duclair should be a no brainer we kick tires on as well.

Kreider would be perfect too but I don't know why the Rangers would trade him.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
I'd like us to take a shot at getting Mike Hoffman but our internal cap probably prevents that.

Well Kreider is out with a blood clot, so he’s off the table for a while, but agree on the rest. Duc would be a good bottom 6 get.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I just said this in the main thread but you basically have to use the assets you can to give yourself a contending level defense
F is not going to be the problem moving forward. Barkov, Huberdeau, Dadonov, Trocheck, Borgstrom, Tippett, McCann, Heponiemi, Malgin, Mascherin, Bjugstad. Plenty of options to develop a strong top9 without bigger trades.

That leaves defense& goaltending, which are the longterm weaknessess for Florida, if you want a star D-man you have to draft them. Hoffman most likely takes out a 1st rounder and valuable cap space for Florida.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I really don't care much about Hoffman and the Sens will not be trading him even though their season ain't looking pretty at the moment. It wouldn't make sense after trading for Duchene and then basically immediately caving in when their presumed #1 center doesn't look anything like a #1C. It was a desperate move to elevate their team by replacing Turris with Duchene and now it shows. And if Melnyk is complaining about empty seats then I'm not sure how a fire sale would make the situation any better. Dalé will stick to his game plan of draft&develop&8-year-bid.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I just said this in the main thread but you basically have to use the assets you can to give yourself a contending level defense
F is not going to be the problem moving forward. Barkov, Huberdeau, Dadonov, Trocheck, Borgstrom, Tippett, McCann, Heponiemi, Malgin, Mascherin, Bjugstad. Plenty of options to develop a strong top9 without bigger trades.

That leaves defense& goaltending, which are the longterm weaknessess for Florida, if you want a star D-man you have to draft them. Hoffman most likely takes out a 1st rounder and valuable cap space for Florida.
I think we need improvement in all three areas.

I just think that Hoffman could be had for cheap without giving up roster players. Great contract for a first line player in his prime. That type of opportunity only comes when an owner is an idiot and is pinching pennies.

Guys like Borgstrom, Tippett, Hepo, and Mascherin, despite great numbers are no guarantee at the NHL level. I'm a big fan of Borg and Hep and wouldn't want to trade either. Tippet and Mascherin I would move for the right player.

I'd like to start competing instead of waiting for young guys to develop into something. I wouldn't want to trade any but sometimes you have to make moves. Having an internal cap is probably going to keep all them Panthers, imo.

Defense is a big question mark. Don't know about longterm weakness necessarily. I think it's more that it's got a lot of uncertainty to how good it can get. Weegar has started to play well. He reminds me of a young Dan Boyle. Matheson has been more consistent and shows flashes of dominance, and Pysyk has been less of a liability and has played more consistency too.

We need another top 4 d-man, no doubt, but I don't know why we couldn't try to get both a forward and d-man. This forward group lacks depth big time.

Goaltending is tricky but I think it will be addressed in the offseason if Roberto is done. If Roberto comes back I have no idea what type of player he'll be next season. Will he be an injury prone mess that forces Reimer into another starting role? Or be a consistent vet, playing at a high level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad