Speculation: Official Fantasy Trade Offers/Armchair GM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
These are my favorite. “I want one of your best players but here’s a list of 15 untouchable assets”.

I didn't mean it to come off like that. In my mind, Isles are in ready now mode, but we need a few pieces to make everything set. Those players I listed are the main core group that's making things happen..it wouldn't make sense for us to put them up as any trade involving them would change the chemistry of our team.

There are still MANY solid pieces left.

Players

Nelson
DeHaan
Beuvellier
Clutterbuck
Hickey
Ho-Sang
Bailey
Mayfield
Pelech
Quine

Prospects

NHL - Pulock
NHL - Ho-Sang

AHL - Toews (GP 19 P 13)
- Aho (GP 18 P 13)
- Van DeSompel (GP 15 P 10) - [These 3 are defensemen]

AHL - MDC

AHL - Reclamation projects/PTO guys

- Casey Bailey
- Scott Eansor
- Tanner Fritz

WHL

- Bellows

KHL

Sorokin

I've listed players that I think would be of interest to Florida and TBH, I think a trade between Isles and Florida would be more equal and beneficial (right now for both of us) because Cappy KNOWS these players. He knows what he can potentially get out of them...not going with scouting reports or from your scouting staff...right from the horses mouth. Any other team would be a good guesstimate.

If you guys are still not interested...well, at least I tried.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I didn't mean it to come off like that. In my mind, Isles are in ready now mode, but we need a few pieces to make everything set. Those players I listed are the main core group that's making things happen..it wouldn't make sense for us to put them up as any trade involving them would change the chemistry of our team.

There are still MANY solid pieces left.

Players

Nelson
DeHaan
Beuvellier
Clutterbuck
Hickey
Ho-Sang
Bailey
Mayfield
Pelech
Quine

Prospects

NHL - Pulock
NHL - Ho-Sang

AHL - Toews (GP 19 P 13)
- Aho (GP 18 P 13)
- Van DeSompel (GP 15 P 10) - [These 3 are defensemen]

AHL - MDC

AHL - Reclamation projects/PTO guys

- Casey Bailey
- Scott Eansor
- Tanner Fritz

WHL

- Bellows

KHL

Sorokin

I've listed players that I think would be of interest to Florida and TBH, I think a trade between Isles and Florida would be more equal and beneficial (right now for both of us) because Cappy KNOWS these players. He knows what he can potentially get out of them...not going with scouting reports or from your scouting staff...right from the horses mouth. Any other team would be a good guesstimate.

If you guys are still not interested...well, at least I tried.
We aren't going to trade quality for quantity.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Just take him for free.
Deal.
No trade backs.

9th will do it.

He used to be good for a 4th liner, not so much anymore.

"Future Considerations"

Lol. Cash considerations

Thanks for making my day. If you take him, we'll retain all his salary plus whatever extension he gets from you. Whatever you think not making the playoffs is worth, we'll pay. We'll start a gofundme to get him off the team. It'll be the best trade in panther history.

Jesus Christ this is hilarious lmao.

I swear he really was good versus the Isles in the 2016 playoffs. Sucks he dropped off but I figured he'd be a good buy given that Kulemin is out and he'd be a fourth liner that is captain material and relatively cheap. On the Isles board we've also discussed Brad Richardson fwiw, just looking for those types.

I would still be interested given the expanded rosters and injuries, hope that it's a buy low and he turns it around. I figured the response here would include that Dale Tallon would be loyal and not trade him. Is that a possibility.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
how about this whole Sportsnet thing mentioning the panthers looking into RNH? i dont see the point, guy has another 3yrs at 6per and hes a center. even if they dont want mccann or bjugstad playing center we still have borgstrom coming as soon as next year. i dont see the point. we need a top-6 winger not an overpaid center.

Reactions: CanadianPantherFan

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
how about this whole Sportsnet thing mentioning the panthers looking into RNH? i dont see the point, guy has another 3yrs at 6per and hes a center. even if they dont want mccann or bjugstad playing center we still have borgstrom coming as soon as next year. i dont see the point. we need a top-6 winger not an overpaid center.
Doesn't make sense

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
It would be amazing if we landed RNH. We would have a guy that can provide offense and shut down other teams. It would enable us to roll three lines, Oilers would not give him up unless a dman goes back.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
We don't have any centers capable of playing a checking role anywhere in the prospect system. RNH can check and provide offense

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
When you think about how much Trocheck and Barkov are getting over time minutes it makes a ton of sense. I don't see either Borgstrom or McCann sticking as centers neither have a "centers skillset". They both play the game like wingers.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Can't see Yandle waiving to go to Edmonton. Two underachieving, loser teams. One at least has good weather and a lot more stuff to do.
same here, but theyll have to take some salary and i doubt we're moving bjugstad. matheson just got extended. ekblad isnt going anywhere (defintiely not for rnh). mcginn and then a d like petrovic and picks? theyd have to retain at least 1mil per id imagine.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
same here, but theyll have to take some salary and i doubt we're moving bjugstad. matheson just got extended. ekblad isnt going anywhere (defintiely not for rnh). mcginn and then a d like petrovic and picks? theyd have to retain at least 1mil per id imagine.
Yeah, we're not really good trade partners. RNH would be a nice to have but not a need anyway.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Question, Pens searching for a Back Up Goalie, sure we also have no Goalie left in our System. But with the Season nearly done better tank already for first over all or Top 3.

Would you mind give away Reimer and trade him to the Pens????

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Disagree. I see a weak kid who can stick lift ok. He’s considered shutdown because Edmonton has nothing better.

Plus McCann is cheaper and nearly on the same pace of production if he played 24 games like RNH. I like what McCann is showing lately and could easily be bridged to a 2-3 deal or possibly give him a Bjugstad like deal, if they believe in him enough and he can get 35-40pts.

6 years @ $3.25 to 3.75 million per. Probably smarter to go with the bridge deal though.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Question, Pens searching for a Back Up Goalie, sure we also have no Goalie left in our System. But with the Season nearly done better tank already for first over all or Top 3.

Would you mind give away Reimer and trade him to the Pens????
I doubt Penguins want a 3.4M backup with their cap troubles.

I also think Pens will weather the storm for this & next year and bring back Fleury on a cheaper deal, Reimer has too many years left on his contract.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
IIRC Tallon had a huge crush on RNH in 2011.
Could see something going down for him, granted if the numbers could work out.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
IIRC Tallon had a huge crush on RNH in 2011.
Could see something going down for him, granted if the numbers could work out.
It makes no sense with the centers we already have and those that are in the system.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
if they go for rnh, itd have to be because they do not see borgstrom as a center at the nhl level, bjugstad is already on the wing, and while mccann probably plays better at center his skill set still fits the wing and his faceoff% isnt great.

Huberdeau-Barkov-???
McCann-Trocheck-???
Borgstrom-RNH-???

theyd have to take salary back with rnh earning 6per over the next 3yrs. bjugstad, mcginn, reimer, pysyk (not as much), etc

Last edited:

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
if they go for rnh, itd have to be because they do not see borgstrom as a center at the nhl level, bjugstad is already on the wing, and while mccann probably plays better at center his skill set still fits the wing and his faceoff% isnt great.

Huberdeau-Barkov-???
McCann-Trocheck-???
Borgstrom-RNH-???
We're a better team with RNH, no doubt, but I'm going to assume we don't have an internal cap if we're legitimately interested in his services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->