Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Trocheck + Ekblad + for Doughty.

Discuss

You think we have scoring issues now? We cannot deal the only second line piece we have. Cant do it.

Value wise? Its ok, but LA would definently want to send us another dump to fit those salaries.

Unless they cannot extend Doughty, or he asks out, he is not going anywhere. Said he wanted to retire a King.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
You think we have scoring issues now? We cannot deal the only second line piece we have. Cant do it.

Value wise? Its ok, but LA would definently want to send us another dump to fit those salaries.

Unless they cannot extend Doughty, or he asks out, he is not going anywhere. Said he wanted to retire a King.

I think if you can get a perennial Norris candidate you do it.

His quote was "
I'd love to re-sign in L.A. But if our team isn't going in the right direction …," Doughty told Matt Larkin of The Hockey News. "I want to win Cups. I don't give a (expletive) where I play. I just want to win Cups, and that's the bottom line."

That's not here lol. But it is a fantasy trade

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think if you can get a perennial Norris candidate you do it.

His quote was "
I'd love to re-sign in L.A. But if our team isn't going in the right direction …," Doughty told Matt Larkin of The Hockey News. "I want to win Cups. I don't give a (expletive) where I play. I just want to win Cups, and that's the bottom line."

That's not here lol. But it is a fantasy trade
Doughty is great but he could bail after a season. Way too risky.

edit: missed your post above. Signed, sure, it's worth considering.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Trocheck + Ekblad + for Doughty.

Discuss
I think Doughty is going to Toronto.

I am thinking as the rumors are starting to come out in ARI

Yandle + for OEL
Other teams can put together a better package for OEL.

I'd more of look at this way, let's say 2019 comes around and both OEL & Hjalmarsson decided to leave. Chances are that they'd get picks/prospects back for those two, maybe a lesser d-man. So maybe, just maybe, they'd consider bringing back someone like Yandle to please the fanbase (IIRC he was well liked during his tenure there). I'd have no problem doing say a Yandle for Goligoski swap. Idk if we'd have use for Goligoski, but at least it would get rid of Yandle's term left.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

tumblr_lt6bzffWsg1qj9p4do1_250.gif

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Other teams can put together a better package for OEL.

I'd more of look at this way, let's say 2019 comes around and both OEL & Hjalmarsson decided to leave. Chances are that they'd get picks/prospects back for those two, maybe a lesser d-man. So maybe, just maybe, they'd consider bringing back someone like Yandle to please the fanbase (IIRC he was well liked during his tenure there). I'd have no problem doing say a Yandle for Goligoski swap. Idk if we'd have use for Goligoski, but at least it would get rid of Yandle's term left.

Doughty will want about $10m per year. I doubt he is going to Toronto.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Doughty will want about $10m per year. I doubt he is going to Toronto.
He could earn more there through endorsements though.

I feel Doughty is different compared to the other Toronto natives that didn't want to sign there. Many of them hadn't won and didn't want to take on that extra pressure playing for the Leafs brings. Doughty on the other hand, has won. SC champion, Olympic gold, Norris trophy, etc. He doesn't need to prove anything, while winning in Toronto would further cement his legacy.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
He could earn more there through endorsements though.

I feel Doughty is different compared to the other Toronto natives that didn't want to sign there. Many of them hadn't won and didn't want to take on that extra pressure playing for the Leafs brings. Doughty on the other hand, has won. SC champion, Olympic gold, Norris trophy, etc. He doesn't need to prove anything, while winning in Toronto would further cement his legacy.
Agree. Plus he can put that team over the top and become a Toronto legend.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I now regret briging up Doughty's name.

The topic has brought me nothing but pain now.
I'll try to change the subject then.

We kind of need to go bargain bin shopping to improve the bottom6 forwards. So I'm looking at forwards that aren't working out for their team and could use a change of scenery. Any thoughts on Lehtera with 50% retained (2.35M per)? He obviously isn't close to a 5M player (thanks to Tarasenko), but I think Blues and now Flyers have misused him as a winger. He can play wing, but you don't get everything out of him that way, kind of like with Filppula (started playing way better when Flyers acquired him and have used him only as a center). That got me thinking, if Bjugs is to play full-time as a winger in the top6, we could use a safety net for McCann on his line. Lehtera could take draws and help him on the defensive side of things. From what I remember, Blues also used him on the PK.

Now Lehtera's value can't be much (even with 50% retained), which could mean that we get to send a contract their way. Dare I even say, el capitano? It would be really cruel to trade Mac while he's injured, but I can't see a spot for him past this season.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Hey Everyone.

Isles fan coming in peace. I saw on the trade boards that one of your fans wanted to know what Trockeck could fetch from the Bruins and wondering if you actually are entertaining that idea or was this a lone wolf fan making stuff up?

Trochek for us would solidify us down the middle and would like to know who from our team you would want. JT/Barzal/Leddy/Lee/Eberle/Ladd are off the table. Ladd is in there because he's a character guy for us and his contract is not the greatest, so I doubt you want him anyway.

Are you looking for depth/D/C/G/W

Prospects and picks are ok, but prefer not to let go of our 2018 1sts.

Thoughts?

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Hey Everyone.

Isles fan coming in peace. I saw on the trade boards that one of your fans wanted to know what Trockeck could fetch from the Bruins and wondering if you actually are entertaining that idea or was this a lone wolf fan making stuff up?

Trochek for us would solidify us down the middle and would like to know who from our team you would want. JT/Barzal/Leddy/Lee/Eberle/Ladd are off the table. Ladd is in there because he's a character guy for us and his contract is not the greatest, so I doubt you want him anyway.

Thoughts?
I think that was a lone wolf.
I don't think Trocheck could be had. He's very valuable to us for the offense he brings, the position he plays, the intangibles he brings to the team, and the speed he brings to the team, plus more. So I would say he's not for sale.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Is Derek Mckenzie for sale? I really liked him in the series vs us two years ago, plays C/LW and Kulemin is done for the year for us so he'd be a great addition along Cizikas and Clutterbuck for our checking line.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Hey Everyone.

Thoughts?

These are my favorite. “I want one of your best players but here’s a list of 15 untouchable assets”.

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Is Derek Mckenzie for sale? I really liked him in the series vs us two years ago, plays C/LW and Kulemin is done for the year for us so he'd be a great addition along Cizikas and Clutterbuck for our checking line.
Just take him for free.
Deal.
No trade backs.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Rask seems to be really struggling so far this season, this could be a good time to buy low on him if he's on the trade market.

Something around Reimer for Rask?

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Thanks for making my day. If you take him, we'll retain all his salary plus whatever extension he gets from you. Whatever you think not making the playoffs is worth, we'll pay. We'll start a gofundme to get him off the team. It'll be the best trade in panther history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad