Official Darryl Sutter for Blues coach bandwagon thread

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Just for speculation what is everyone's thoughts on Dan Bylesma? He is available, working as an NHL Network host, took the Pens to a cup, but you could argue the roster he was given was stacked (I've seen the same about Mike Sullivan too). He didn't work out in Buffalo but who has lately?

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
It’s taken me way too long to realize this perplexing thread wasn’t about Daryl Sydor.

This team has broken my brain.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
On the subject of getting surnames wrong, If Daryl Hall became the new Blues coach, you could always hire John Oates to serve as GM.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I actually meant to pay respect to their approach. I thought the Kings under Sutter were one of the more difficult teams against which to play in the last 10-15 years.
They were definitely a hard team to play against, but their style relied on getting the bounces a whole lot. That's not a viable strategy though.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Just for speculation what is everyone's thoughts on Dan Bylesma? He is available, working as an NHL Network host, took the Pens to a cup, but you could argue the roster he was given was stacked (I've seen the same about Mike Sullivan too). He didn't work out in Buffalo but who has lately?
Dan Bylsma is kind of coach that would give Thornbur n 12 minutes a night and praise him for taking 3 penalties a game.

Reactions: mk80

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Top 4 teams in nhl are coached by Sullivan, Laviolette, Cooper and Paul Marice. Kinda telling.

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
Top 4 teams in nhl are coached by Sullivan, Laviolette, Cooper and Paul Marice. Kinda telling.
Paul Maurice is the only odd ball. Many were calling for his job for so long because the Jets were in mediocre purgatory. Now that they've gotten decent goaltending...no one is calling for his job. Interesting how that works.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Paul Maurice is the only odd ball. Many were calling for his job for so long because the Jets were in mediocre purgatory. Now that they've gotten decent goaltending...no one is calling for his job. Interesting how that works.
Jets have so much talent though, hitting big time on their recent first rounders. Nashville is only other team that has similar depth.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I dont know what to make of PM. I couldn't stand the Jets playstyle 2yrs ago. They just played goon hockey, now it seems like they barely hit anyone. Most of the players are still there outside of Laine. It really looks like Maurice changed the way they play

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Jets have so much talent though, hitting big time on their recent first rounders. Nashville is only other team that has similar depth.

Agreed. The extent to which they are stacked is one of the reasons I preach a patient approach for the Blues. Selling multiple futures assets for one veteran piece isn't going to close the gap between us and the several stacked teams in the west.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I can't help but note that the one season the Blues needed a good showing because of the very rare opportunity of a no1 center potentially testing UFA...and they manage to have a terrible year where literally everything went wrong. When you have a year like this where your starting tender looks like crap, injuries are amongst the worst in the league and your "star" forward is shooting well below his career average you would at least hope the coaching staff could rally the team and give you some structure to build off. Sadly I havent seen any indication at all that this staff can do that.

The more time I spend thinking about this season the angrier I get. I can't even watch this team without becoming really agitated and so much of what's pissing me off is coaching related.

Reactions: Bendak

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Agreed. The extent to which they are stacked is one of the reasons I preach a patient approach for the Blues. Selling multiple futures assets for one veteran piece isn't going to close the gap between us and the several stacked teams in the west.
Well that's certainly what every knowledgeable fan in current climate would want, but not to forget ownership has a big say. It's still the business and best way to make the money is to win and get to playoffs, not necessarily to contend. Anaheim being prime example. Long time in Philly it was other way around, scorched earth policy as long as it gets us closer to Stanley cup. 50 million for bryzgalov, farm for Pronger. One flames out, second gets injured and it all goes to shit. If Homer didn't trade Richards and Carter for Voracek, Simmonds, Couturier and Schenn we are stuck in purgatory for god knows long. We are just making it out mind you. Not every owner is willing to go through this.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
I think this year is a combination of a weaker roster, sophomore slumps, and it doesn't appear that Yeo has learned how to fix errors that plagued his Minnesota teams.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Jaskin
Sobotka
Sundqvist
Butler

Little to no impact, would be better served replacing them with youth.
I have no problem with Butler being I the system, but, he needs to never see NHL ice again.
I'm fine with Jaskin being on this team as long as he's depth or 4th line.
Sobe and Sundqvist can go, along with Berglund.

Reactions: Bendak

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
How about Alain Vigneault? I always like his fast pace high pressure system.

He’s my top pick. I just think he is likely going to be too expensive.

If Yeo is gone. I think Tippett is hired. He was the coach Army hired in Dallas. He has been out of the NHL for a year now, might be willing to take a smaller amount. Unless he is a target for the Flames.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He’s my top pick. I just think he is likely going to be too expensive.

If Yeo is gone. I think Tippett is hired. He was the coach Army hired in Dallas. He has been out of the NHL for a year now, might be willing to take a smaller amount. Unless he is a target for the Flames.
Yay...more boring defense BS:thumbd:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad