Official Darryl Sutter for Blues coach bandwagon thread

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
It needs to happen. Yeo is not doing himself any favors by constantly feeding Allen starts, giving PP time to losers like Berglund and playing people like Thorburn icetime over Thompson etc.

Yeo needs to be fired, along with other moves made to this teams core. But to fill the coaching spot, we should strongly look into Darryl Sutter. Hes a no BS kind of coach, one this team certainly needs and has the resume to prove it.

Proven leader, no BS will be tolerated (toodaloo berglund), knows how to win. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Reactions: simon in canada

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
he will turn mush into muscle or they can get out.

I would love that. I think folks like Edmundson and Parayko would absolutely thrive under Sutter. Just need to get rid of the anchors first.

Blues fans that are at least 30 will be happy to see the Sutters back in STL.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I would love Darryl Sutter! I wonder, though, if being Captain of our biggest rival, (withy whom he played his entire career!), and having his older brothers number hanging from the rafters would be a factor in him coming here?

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I don't think a few of our vets would be able to handle Sutter....I think they would crack. All the more reason to bring him here.

I also loved a few of LA's O-Zone set plays while Sutter was coaching....though I'm not sure if Sutter was responsible for implementing their system.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I haven’t been one to put blame on Yeo for this mess of a season...however Sutter would definitely be an interesting option. Idk if I could handle the crazy faces he makes when the Kings would mess up though lol.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I haven’t been one to put blame on Yeo for this mess of a season...however Sutter would definitely be an interesting option. Idk if I could handle the crazy faces he makes when the Kings would mess up though lol.
and he gives the best press conferences.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
I'm not sure Petro could carry the C under Sutter...it might need to be someone more like Schenn.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I'm not sure Petro could carry the C under Sutter...it might need to be someone more like Schenn.

I think Petro would be fine, although at this point the only name that pops out that I could see as captain if Petro wasn't would be Schenn. While Petro leads by his play on the ice and being vocal, I think Schenn would be better at lighting a fire under the players and getting them going with a big hit or a fight like we saw against Colorado.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Blues don't have money to fire a coach in the first year of a 3-year deal. For better or worse, Blues are stuck with Yeo.

The money we are missing out on by missing the playoffs, should easily off set it.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Blues don't have money to fire a coach in the first year of a 3-year deal. For better or worse, Blues are stuck with Yeo.
The money to fire Yeo isn't the problem, we could do that easily. Armstrong isn't going to move on from a coach so quickly. Particularly when there are so many other factors in the teams current issues.

Bluesguru

Aug 10, 2014
St. Louis
Sutter would hate working with Army. Yeo got no help at all this year. What was he supposed to do with this roster? He got as much as he could out of it. I mean Army just waits, and waits and waits and waits. Armstrong wants everything to resolve itself internally but my goodness that isn't going to happen all the time. Sutter would be a crash and burn this year too with the roster and indecisive GM we have. The bigger problem is Army who couldn't cut a deal to find his way out of a paper bag.

Reactions: Alklha

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
At this point, I don't think Yeo is the problem. We have two players that have been here through 4 coaches and another who would have been had he not gone back to KHL. We have a severe disconnect among the players and it's probably a rift that started long ago. This who debacle is on the make up of this roster, not Yeo. It's on Armstrong and the players. Now, if he gets a revamped roster next season and misses the playoffs again with a collapse....you can look at Yeo.

Armstrong needs to completely overhaul this roster and he needs to hire a dedicated PP coach to work with Yeo. Yeo's powerplay's historically without Crosby or Malkin, suck.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Take for what you want but multiple Wild fans on the main board said this is exactly what Yeo's teams do every year. Again, I'm not saying I agree or disagree but it's interesting.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
LOL, Yeo isn't going anywhere. The players should be worried right now. We were the most winning club in the NHL a few months ago. The problem is with the players. If we dump coaches every time we start to tank as a team, we'll never finish a season.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Hmmm. From the posts on this board, an outsider would think we change coaches every year. How long was Hitch here? 4 years? So we have had one coaching change in 6 years, and people are characterizing our "core" as coach killers that have survived myriad coaching changes. I don't get it ...

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
LOL, Yeo isn't going anywhere. The players should be worried right now. We were the most winning club in the NHL a few months ago. The problem is with the players. If we dump coaches every time we start to tank as a team, we'll never finish a season.

I agree that most of this is on the players. But read the quotes from Brodziak after yesterday’s game, sure seems like the coaches are just throwing shit at a dart board to see what sticks. We have zero structure. For f*** sake, players cannot even maintain a forechecking system. One shift they will run 2-1-2. Then their next one you see more of a 1-2-2.

It is like a perfect storm of players and coaches just f***ing up.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I agree that most of this is on the players. But read the quotes from Brodziak after yesterday’s game, sure seems like the coaches are just throwing **** at a dart board to see what sticks. We have zero structure. For **** sake, players cannot even maintain a forechecking system. One shift they will run 2-1-2. Then their next one you see more of a 1-2-2.

It is like a perfect storm of players and coaches just ****ing up.
I watched the video. Brodziak is not comfortable in an interview. Sure, let's get rid of Yeo. We'll be talking the same story next year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad