Prospect Info: [Official]: 2016 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
After watching the Can vs Cze U18 game yesterday, I got my first real look at Jost & Fabbro - and boy did they look good. Fitzpatrik had a great game, Howden looked good after just joining the team & scored 2 goals. Laberge also looked good.

Jost/Fabbro most likely go 10-15, and we'll have no chance at them.
I'm still hoping Howden/Benson can somehow fall to us for our second pick, but I'd take Fitzpatrick with one of the other 2nd rounders.

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
i Think Jost is going to end up being a steal

In that situation do we trade down if say we're picking at 7-8? A team like Boston maybe, either do our first plus a mid second for their two firsts? Would be need to add a third? Or their first plus Hayes + 2nd?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
In that situation do we trade down if say we're picking at 7-8? A team like Boston maybe, either do our first plus a mid second for their two firsts? Would be need to add a third? Or their first plus Hayes + 2nd?

Definitely not.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
How did you find Jost?

For most of the year I wasn't too high on the BCHL guys because, well it's the BCHL.

But, man I have to say Jost & especially Fabbro absolutely belong with the best young guys on a national team, and I could see them both on the WJC team next year.

This is why I think the top half of the draft is just as good as last year, lots of guys that could go anywhere from 10-20

Meatpuppet42

May 14, 2015
If we take a goalie it pretty much has to be a college bound or European goalie, this year's injury to Gillies makes it even more difficult to add another goalie. Next year will be the rookie season for both Gillies and McDonald at the pro level, Schneider will turn pro the following year. Drafting a CHL goalie that will go pro in 2 year would just be too much too quickly. Where as with a college or European goalie you have up to 4 years to evaluate and sign them.

The log jam with young goalies this year and the mess they have to sort out at the NHL level will prevent any goailie being drafted by the flames in 2016. Maybe next year.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
Another game, and again Jost impresses. He is hands down the leader on this team.
Much more noticeable than McLeod, and better all around too.
Laberge, Stanley & Howden also looked good all tournament. Laberge has really risen in the rankings the past few months.
Fitzpatrick with another great game again. he has to be giving Hart a run for 1st goalie.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Another game, and again Jost impresses. He is hands down the leader on this team.
Much more noticeable than McLeod, and better all around too.
Laberge, Stanley & Howden also looked good all tournament. Laberge has really risen in the rankings the past few months.
Fitzpatrick with another great game again. he has to be giving Hart a run for 1st goalie.

Laberge is a beast. Could be a great pick late in the first.

Stanley was abysmal in the Windsor games I watched.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
Tkachuk has 26 points in 11 games so far in the OHL playoffs. Hoping for a London vs Barrie final.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Jost confuses me, I mean he looks really good on paper. But I have to remember that Turris ripped up BCHL too better than Jost. So Jost "could" potentially be Turris-lite.

But his skillset is very good though and its really hard to judge players coming out of lower end leagues (see Jankowski).

Taranis

Jul 9, 2013
Nova Scotia
Jost confuses me, I mean he looks really good on paper. But I have to remember that Turris ripped up BCHL too better than Jost. So Jost "could" potentially be Turris-lite.

But his skillset is very good though and its really hard to judge players coming out of lower end leagues (see Jankowski).

He just wrecked the Swiss. Has to be taken with a grain of salt but he's putting up a ton of points so far and has two more games to take the all time lead at u18 for Canada.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
-Yeah Nylander had 6 points in a u-18 game... He alright :laugh:. Just massacred Barrie, I'm sure the Flames have taken note.
-Tkachuk is going insane in the playoffs. A few knight fans were ripping all the leaf fans saying Tkachuk is a by product of Marner. They said he would be their pick at 4th no question.
-Dubois hasn't had nearly the finish to the season those guys had. I could legitimately see him sliding to 6. He doesn't have the finish of those other two players but he is a better fit for us I still believe.

To me, those guys have separated themselves from Chuchrun, Juolevi and Serg.

If we pick at 7 and they are gone I don't know who I would pick. Might trade down and get another pick or prospect and choose Logan Brown at 9 or 10.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

Is that a bad thing? Kyle Turris has 210 points as a Senator in his last 318 NHL games. That's a 54 point player. Jost's claim to fame is a strong two-way game, too.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
-Yeah Nylander had 6 points in a u-18 game... He alright :laugh:. Just massacred Barrie, I'm sure the Flames have taken note.
-Tkachuk is going insane in the playoffs. A few knight fans were ripping all the leaf fans saying Tkachuk is a by product of Marner. They said he would be their pick at 4th no question.
-Dubois hasn't had nearly the finish to the season those guys had. I could legitimately see him sliding to 6. He doesn't have the finish of those other two players but he is a better fit for us I still believe.

If we pick at 7 and they are gone I don't know who I would pick. Might trade down and get another pick or prospect and choose Logan Brown at 9 or 10.

To me it hasn't even been close as to who to take between PLD/Tka & Nylander.
After watching Jost this tournament, I'd consider taking him over Nylander, but I definitely take him over Brown. But I share the same fear of picking 7th, but for me Chych is gone too.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
If we are picking at 5; I think Tkachuk or Nylander are our guys. Skill, skill and more skill.

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
Is that a bad thing? Kyle Turris has 210 points as a Senator in his last 318 NHL games. That's a 54 point player. Jost's claim to fame is a strong two-way game, too.

Yes and no. Hes not as strong as Turris overall and Turris is only a 50ish point player.

So if we're comparing them, he may only be a 40-50 point player.

Plus it took Turris awhile to put it together PLUS he switched teams before he broke out...kinda.

May 23, 2007
Calgary
I really want Dubois.

We can move Bennett to wing permanently, where I think suits him more, and have two 6'3" center men in the top 6 with Monahan and Dubois.

Gaudreau-Monahan and Bennett-Dubois could be nice combinations for the future.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
-

I am positive Chychrun will be gone by 7th....so yeah we'll get one of them and it's probably a good one because we dont have to make the decision, someone will screw up before us :handclap:

L13

Oct 1, 2015
I've been high on Jost all season and I'm glad people are finally coming around. If we fall to 8th, I'll be perfectly okay with drafting him ahead of McLeod, Sergachyov, etc.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Jets fans seem to be pumped about Jost, I can't wait until the lotto is done then we can do mock drafts and really have some fun.

I had a dream last night we picked 3rd and drafted Pulju.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
Jets fans seem to be pumped about Jost, I can't wait until the lotto is done then we can do mock drafts and really have some fun.

I had a dream last night we picked 3rd and drafted Pulju.

As much as I would love to have Puljujarvi
You need to at least dream a little bigger ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad